It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmate's execution takes nearly TWO HOURS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Theres no money to be made that way. Just like a bullet, no money to be made.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know why they just don't put an ad out in the local paper;

"Looking For Executioner. Must Provide Own Ammunition"

I'm fairly certain people would be beating down the door to apply for that job. The job satisfaction alone would keep me there, regardless of the pay.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Google how many people have been innocently executed..just the other day a youtube vid was posted about a dude who was wrongfully convicted and released after 42 fawking years which led to a whole bunch of other vids of people wrongfully convicted and later freed..funny alot of them were black.
On that basis I can never support a death penalty..it is not equaly applied and many mistakes have been made.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I'm personally opposed to the death penalty, but have no sympathy for murderers either.

If we are going to put evil people to death after being convicted in a court, we should at least be humane about it. I'm betting that an old fashioned firing squad is the most humane.

I also worry about the rare, but too frequent cases where a mistake was made. Considering how many cases there are, it is rare, but all the same it says to me that life without parole is the real answer and I mean without parole. A small cell with a bed, a small window and food shoved through a slot twice a day would be my choice for murderers.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: knoledgeispower

It's because they have run out of the traditional formula for lethal injection.

This is what I don't get. Why not just put him under a massive dose of anesthesia and add an opiate overdose. Mission accomplished. Don't see why there is such a problem with this.

Opiates? How about a heroin overdose. I'd bet the government can get their hands on some. Heck, they could go out on the streets and spend a $100 or two and that should do the trick. Probably cheaper than what they used that seemed not as effective.

If we are going to have a death penalty, we should at least do it right. Seems like this shouldn't be all that difficult.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

This is deplorable. Although some of the comments in this thread alone perhaps illustrate part of why a humane death is not a priority and this happened the way that it did. Monster he may have been, but a society that would not only turn a blind eye but actually support more suffering is destined to churn out more monsters. Maybe some people should be put down but I am saddened and disturbed that so many are reveling in a tormented death.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yeah come back and say that when one of your loved ones is killed and everyone else says the murderer deserves a "humane" death...... NO sirrrrrrr

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
personally i wish they'd just use a bullet to the head. Cheap, effective as hell if they use a large caliber and the gov't could finally give a reason to rationalize all the ammo they're buying. Win/win for everyone! seriously, just use a bullet and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yeah come back and say that when one of your loved ones is killed and everyone else says the murderer deserves a "humane" death...... NO sirrrrrrr

I would be curious to know what the families of the victims think at this moment 20yrs later..do you think they were thirsty for his blood at this point?..or maybee made some kind of peace with the situation?..hard to carry that kind of stuff for that long.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Like I said.. usher in the guillotine..

www.nbcnews.com...

They need something quick and easy for the camps you know.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Good point... They maybe or maybe not? That information should be relevant. I bet they where thirsty for blood though. I would be!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That is ridiculous. While I have absolutely no sympathy for murderers, I also am not sure how normal folks can sit that long and watch someone die like that. I wouldn't have been able to sit through it.... Not even if it had been my loved one he killed.

We can all understand the emotion behind the death penalty. Myself included. I am 37 and I still waffle on occasion. Truthfully. As others have mentioned, there are people being freed all the time that have been found innocent. They have lost their entire lives for nothing. How many have been put to death, that weren't lucky enough to be found innocent after spending over half their life behind bars?? That's one of the main things that keeps me waffling.

That one person could very easily be any one of us. There aren't words for how much that would suck. Everyone claims innocence behind bars... Imagine claiming it still yet on your final walk and having it still fall on deaf ears. Then imagine suffering like that for that long for something you never did.

That's pretty much all I have to say about that. Empathy is always a good thing. You might find yourself in need of it one day. They need to either find a better way or stop doing it IMO.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m
I understand..Im not sure how I would deal with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Too bad he didn't suffer longer. Should has been 22 hours. Let him choke on his own vomit and go into convulsions. An eye for an eye!

That makes you no better than him!

Glad I dont live near you, I'd seriously be worried!

3u's neighborhood is probably a lot safer than yours. I would welcome him as a member of the block.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411

Too bad he didn't suffer longer. Should has been 22 hours. Let him choke on his own vomit and go into convulsions. An eye for an eye!

3u's neighborhood is probably a lot safer than yours. I would welcome him as a member of the block.

My neighborhood is just fine without that kind of person.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

A close friend of mine was murdered in 2006, his killer(s) has not been apprehended. When they are, and if they get the death penalty, I hope their death is humane.

So I've gotten "back" to you after having a loved one murdered in cold bold and in an extremely cruel manner.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Im glad you spoke before I did. I'd have said worse. these idiots have no idea.

regardless of the scumbags crime, he is in OUR control so it reflects on US how we dispose of them. If these clowns would torture a man to death, send them back to the damn middle east where they can stone someone happily.. arrogant swines...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Pfft that's nothin compared to what the family suffered.... All executions should be brought my way I'll do it right. Plus it would save a lot of money

You're a barbarian. Pull the tail of many cats? cut dogs tongues in half? hey they bark dont they, damn dogs..

youre an idiot.
edit on 23-7-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

By your logic criminals should never die. They should be forced to live until they die of old age.

I think back to an episode of Star Trek Voyager where Tom Paris is forced to relive the death of the murder victim through the victims eyes every 12hrs. That should be the punishment in real life. That's true punishment.

Death is a quick release from the crimes committed, it's not a true punishment.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: knoledgeispower

It's because they have run out of the traditional formula for lethal injection.

This is what I don't get. Why not just put him under a massive dose of anesthesia and add an opiate overdose. Mission accomplished. Don't see why there is such a problem with this.

Death is not an accurate punishment. Criminals should have to live in order to keep reliving it. Look at my other response I made that talks about a great punishment that was used on Star Trek Voyager. Having to relive the crime through the eyes of the victim, over and over again, that's a true punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join