It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prime Ministers, Politicians & UFOs in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emache
Excellent thread, thank you for taking the time out to post it all out. Plenty there to get stuck into.

I'm inclined to think that Prime Ministers and Governments seem to be as much in the dark as we are. I think most investigations they do are exercises in trying to find out if other nations have secret projects operating in UK airspace, and are probably surprised by some of the more inexplicable ones that have come across the desk.

Based on all the released files and other reports it would seem that Prime Ministers and others in government have no idea what UFOs are and it probably does not trouble their minds for too long either.

I authored another thread a while back Was Eisenhower the Last President to Know the Truth About UFOs?. It was based on the research of Grant Cameron and his argument was that every President would know the truth otherwise it would be be unconstitutional.

It even featured on the ATS Live program and they either just read the headline or totally missed the point when they looked through it as they seemed to think I was saying Eisenhower was the last to know the truth and then let it roll that way.

Now what the US Presidents do know is an entirely different question and their stories are generally a lot more exciting than the ones we have in the UK.

I would love to hear a story of Thatcher being rushed to a secret facility to view dead alien corpses in the aftermath of Rendlesham, puking her guts up at the sight of them. being asked if they should be incinerated and uttering the words "the lady's not for burning". But the best we have is her "You Can't Tell the People" answer.

I know Lord Hill-Norton pursued the subject up until his death and MPs like Lembit Opik felt that there should be scientific (not military) study of the phenomenon after the closure of the UFO desk.

You can see him debating with Dr. David Clarke on that very subject at this page

UFO and life on other planets: Lembit Opik and David Clarke

Apologies if the video is not available outside the UK there is also a Youtube clip here:

edit on 24/7/14 by mirageman because: added youtube video

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thank you for the EPIC thread and for something to sink my teeth into later! This forum has been thirsty for a thread like this!

S&F!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

BRAVO on your excellent thread!

Thank you for the time it must have taken to put this together! S&F for sure!

I just watched a show on H2 channel about the 5% of UFOs that are considered to be legit by the government, or at least, they have no explanation for what "it" was. These have all been well-documented by the military, government, etc.

For anyone who hasn't seen this show, it is well worth the time to watch it. It does seem to offer some evidence for the skeptics out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Yes it's a decent documentary, which avoids some of the wilder claims in Ufology, from what I remember. It's a while since I watched it though. I seem to recall it covered Rendlesham 1980 , Phoenix Lights 1997 and Belgian Air Force sightings 1990ish.

We only need one case to be proven beyond all doubt that it was extra-terrestrial. Sadly none of those come up with the goods even if they can't be convincingly explained completely away either.

My own gut feeling has always been that if aliens have visited then it will have been a very rare occurrence. In fact it's more likely intelligent machines would be probing the cosmos. It might also explain why little grey men don't seem to need clothing and can easily operate in earth's atmosphere!

But now I'm speculating.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes, according to Simon Parkes, who is an elected official in the UK, the grays are robots used by the Reptilians (or maybe it was the Mantis?). They are considered to be the lowest on the "totem pole" for respect by other aliens.

Simon has several videos on Y/T, if anyone is interested. Here is one of his latest:

Published on Feb 11, 2014
Simon Parkes is an elected local politician for the Labour party, what the average person would consider a member of the establishment, and as such presents a serious challenge to controlling elements who wish to lie and falsify information to the public in the name of national security.

In this presentation to New Horizons Saint Annes, Simon goes into detail regarding the UFO situation and its close connection to elite bodies. Simon details some of his own experiences, including what most would consider an horrific situation of being a child abductee, although Simon prefers the term 'Experiencer'. Simon also seeks to assist the audience to get a fresh perspective on a subject that is extremely complex and which he believes is intricately linked with the 'Powers That Be'.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I did forget to add one story linking politician Michael Howard (then Home Secretary) to a UFO story.

In fact on March 8 1997 a large triangular UFO was seen hovering above the home of Michael Howard.

Eyewitnesses reports detailed a "humming" object the size of two passenger planes close above his house near Folkestone.

An RAF investigation into the sighting was undertaken, but the findings revealed nothing unusual with no threat to Mr. Howard. The report commented that inquiries had confirmed no unusual or unauthorized air activity, civil or military was reported or observed in the area on that date in question. Smells of a cover up perhaps?

Timothy Good states that a security clampdown followed the incident in his book “Need to Know”. He did ask for a comment from Mr. Howard who merely stated that “I was and remain completely unaware of any such incident”.

Sources :

Daily Mirror (UK)

Daily Telegraph (UK)

BBC News

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
If aliens are looking for signs of intelligent life in Westminster they will be sadly disappointed......maybe they have come to take Boris Johnson home?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Aliens in Folkstone? They are lucky there craft wasn't stolen and the poor beings mugged.

Maybe we should give these poor beings a map of England so they don't accidental stray into the bad neighbourhood.

But illegal aliens in Folkstone? What new there

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

But illegal aliens in Folkstone? What new there

You beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Top thread Mirageman and appreciate the linking of the Mainbrace thread
-some of the folks have already been mentioned but there's some other relevant statements below - also thought this was a really, really good article about how poor old Winston was 'misinformed' about the situation (some very nice government documents in there as well).

Article:

Even Winston Churchill Was Misinformed Of The Facts

Quotes:

"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation, eg that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from aeroplanes, and the like. They have been tracked on radar screens and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 mph. "
Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII.

"UFOs defy worldly logic... The human mind cannot begin to comprehend UFO characteristics: their propulsion, their sudden appearance, their disappearance, their great speeds, their silence, their manoeuvre, their apparent anti-gravity, their changing shapes."
Earl of Kimberly, House of Lords Debate on Unidentified Flying Objects, Jan. 18, 1979.

"Many men have seen them [UFOs] and have not been mistaken. Who are we to doubt their word?... Only a few weeks ago a Palermo policeman photographed one, and four Italian Navy officers saw a 300-foot long fiery craft rising from the sea and disappearing into the sky... Why should these men of law enforcement and defense lie?"
Lord Rankeillour, Member of the House of Lords

"If one human being out of tens of thousands who allege to have seen these phenomena is telling the truth, then there is a dire need for us to look into the matter."
Lord Davies of Leek-Member of the House of Lords.

"From the earliest days of the modern outbreak of sightings some forty years ago, there is a quite remarkable similarity between the descriptions given by observers of the flying vehicles. It is the more remarkable that there have been tens of thousands of these reports, from observers who range who range from illiterate peasants in Argentina and Spain to people with Ph.D.s in other countries and they have all been given spontaneously—which has led to the generic term “flying saucer.”
There have been thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of sightings and encounters, physical results and of the latter, by people all over the world whose evidence on any other subject would be accepted without question. There have been major investigations lasting thirty or forty years by the governments of the USA, Russia and France, for certain, and probably Britain and other countries."
Lord Admiral Hill-Norton (GCB), Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Britain; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO; Admiral of the Fleet; Member of House of Lords.

"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them."
"Inevitably this led to the sort of enquiry which you would put in hand if you had any military responsibilities. Had something gone wrong with ground radar or with aircraft radar? We experienced pilots going out of their minds? Were people having fantasies? We *had* to investigate cases of that kind. Over the years - although there were not an enormous number of such cases - there were a sufficient number to persuade me, and a number of air staff friends with whom I had to work, that something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain."
"But we did not particularly want to make public statements about that. Not for something that we had no explanation."

Ralph Noyes,Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977

link

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the addition Karl. Winston was certainly misinformed and I'm not certain it was all because his Civil Servants were being totally inept.

I also forgot to add that the transcription of the House of Lords UFO Debate is available : Link Here

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Very good thread mirageman, very interesting and jam packed with info and I'm only half way through reading the OP.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
bravo sir, nice read

top topics

<< 1   >>

join