It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LR Air Force Base On Lockdown (Little Rock)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

LITTLE ROCK AIR FORCE BASE, Ark. (July 23, 2014) - According to officials, Little Rock Air Force Base has been placed on lockdown. An email from the base came into the THV11 newsroom at noon on Wednesday.

Press Release:

The base is on lockdown as of 11:45 a.m. this morning in the interest of protecting all base members and resources from a suspicious individual.

Emergency personnel are responding to the scene. For safety purposes, base gates are closed at this time. Further details will be provided as they become available.

Officials with LRAFB tells THV11 that despite reports to the contrary, there is not an active shooter on base. There is a suspicious individual. A Facebook post on the base's page reads, "Emergency personnel are responding to the scene. For safety purposes, base gates are closed at this time. Further details will be provided as they become available."

According to Military One Resource, more than 5,000 individuals are on active duty at LRAFB, which is located in the Jacksonville area.

LR Air Force Base On Lockdown

Not much known about this yet. Story just came out.

Hopefully it's nothing.

Entrance to Little Rock Air Force Base has been limited because the base is on lockdown in response to a "suspicious" person. No other details out so far.

The base had done emergency response drills earlier in the day, but the lockdown shortly before noon was the real thing.

arkansas blog
edit on 23-7-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is it possible the emergency response drills are continuing?

edit my post - thanks for the revision. I worry. Good luck all.
edit on 23-7-2014 by justanothermember because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: justanothermember

Let's hope so.

According to the Arkansas Blog they had drills earlier but this was the real thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Were they shipping illegal aliens there?

Too soon?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Were they shipping illegal aliens there?

Too soon?

Is that a joke?

It was funny.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Probably was a girl scout selling cookies in the officers housing area ...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A shifty Character in the USA....No, surely not. Talk about on edge.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Did Obama decide to make a surprise visit?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Did Obama decide to make a surprise visit?

Yep...to personally pass out pink slips....

Continuing his goal to eradicate our Military.

Saving us taxpayers some postage...so he can give it to illegals coming over the border.

I hope the lock down is only a drill. And not another *workplace incident* as he likes to call them.

Des

edit on 23-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It amazes me how de-sensitized people here have become....I live close to LRAFB, and they have rarely ever gone on lockdown...and yet...you joke...and make snarky comments....

they are actually using their brains, as other bases have been attacked, so they would rather err on the side of caution, so that people wont be hurt.... and yet people here joke....

And of course those same people are the first to criticize if nothing was done and people were killed....

amazing....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

After reports of military aircraft being seen at Clinton National Airport, THV11 reached out to spokesman Shane Carter to see if this was related to the lockdown. He said the airport has three C130s at the airport at this time, and they're expecting three more.

Carter said the pilots don't often tell the tower why they are landing, but he said it is unusual for military planes to stay and hold, which is what they are doing at this time.

link

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mythos13

Thanks for chiming in Mythos.

I haven't been able to find any updates about the situation.

Being that you are near ~ can you provide us with any updates?

Hoping this is nothing but always best to err on the side of caution.

Hope everyone in the area stays safe.

edit on 23-7-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It seems to me that it would not be difficult to know when the base was having drills. They would make it known to all personnel. So, along those lines, it seems to me to be an ideal time to infiltrate a base. If they are in the midst of having drills and you show up on base to complete some nefarious deed, you may be less likely to be noticed. Now, after the drills, they have noticed the individual.

Just a thought. Hopefully it's just a thought and not what actually is happening.

Bishop

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So far i have just been following THV 11. " Spoke to a woman who lives on base. She got a vm about the lockdown saying "this is not an exercise." #THV11"

Here is the link to THV 11, which is one of 3 local channels

Todays THV

This update from KARK ch 4 "Update (2:51 p.m.)
JACKSONVILLE, AR - More than three hours after a lockdown went into effect on the Little Rock Air Force Base it is still in place.

At 2:15 this afternoon, LRAFB posted the following on Twitter:
The lockdown is still in effect. Any changes will be announced through official base channels. The base gates remain closed at this time.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
FYI- the other two local channels with information:

KARK 4

KATV 7

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
At least it is just an individual and no reported shootings. Hopefully it all plays out quietly and soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It amazes me how de-sensitized people here have become.

Why should people freakout over what happens at military bases ?

They are after all suppose to be the most SECURE places in this country.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Did anything in my post say people should be freaking out? I think making a joke out of something like this is in poor taste, and does not add anything to the conversation.

LRAFB is in the middle of Jacksonville....a populated area....if something is happening there, if could easily spill over to civvies.

And yet people love getting their stars by making it a joke.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh damn people !

Stop making jokes about a 'suspicious' person ! ! ! !

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So...if you had a family member on LRAFB...you would still be this way?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join