It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to stop corporate defections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I thought this was good news, in my opinion. I would love to see big corporations leave the US, but they are not really leaving. They are just deserting and taking up physical space according to The Hill:

Link

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I can't honestly blame them for trying.

The government taxes the life out of many businesses - granted that a lot of bigger business are doing just fine, they are just seeing a drop in their profit margins.

The government was never intended to make people rich, or to fund as many socialized programs as we have right now. The more the politicians make, and the more socialized programs we have, the more tax money that is needed.

This will inevitably cause business to either shutdown, or become more savvy with their financial strategies.

Less government = less taxes
less taxes = more businesses
more businesses = better economy
better economy = better standard of living for all
better standard living of all = less dependence on government

Following that simple formula will correct the sinking ship, and restore America to a higher level of happiness.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Blame them for trying what?

They abandon nothing except their corporate citizenship. They keep their facilities, and their money. They continue to benefit from our infrastructure, tax-base, and relatively educated workforce.

They are traitors, pure and simple, and everything they own within this country should be seized, and their officers should be expelled.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Huge corporations are parasites, grazing where the grubs are the easiest to nibble. This was the nature of the US economy following WWII. The rest of the industrial world lay in ruin and the American consumer was riding high on a wave of congratulatory excess. With the rubric that "We provide the jobs" these corporations convinced enough of the American people that trickle down economics was the true nature of commerce and all would be well as long as we bought the "name brands". And when people bought too much of a lesser named brand??? They bought them out. The image of an octopus comes readily to mind.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

The only corp mentioned is Walgreen's, they are going Swiss. I did some research on Wiki. The Swiss seem to have several different tax brackets and a health care system that is free market based with government mandates and regulations. The taxes:

Income tax[edit

Property tax[edit]

Corporate taxation[edit]

Profit tax[edit]

Capital tax[edit]

Value added tax[edit]

Federal withholding tax[edit]

new topics

top topics

join