It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: UN votes in favour of draft resolution regarding Israel's actions in Gaza.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Why so downtrodden folks?
If the UN can establish a cease fire this is a good thing, even if only for a short while.
If one can avoid their child's murder for just a few hours more, most parents would choose the few hours.
The UN could investigate israel for murder and they could also investigate hamas for attempted murder, both very serious charges.

I absolutely agree w this statement. My only point was that it never seems to work

There never is any follow through from the UN. In regards to Palestine and Isreal conflict

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

a Tunisian protester who marched in support of Palestinians in Gaza in his country’s capital on Friday.

Proves my point.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: samsamm9

I guess that applies to the injustice to the innocent Jewish people in Israel too then right?

Yes of course. Injustice should never be tolerated.
Killing one innocent person is like killing all humanity.

Hamas and the Zionists both have blood on their hands. Israel may have Palestinian blood up to their knees but both should get investigated and trialed.

edit on 23-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes and even back then despite Syria and Jordan closing off to Palestinian refugees... many 'Arabs' remained sympathetic to Palestine... not all but a lot. Every nationality and culture has it's share of people prone to the ignorant thinking of condemning all based on the few.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

a reply to: samsamm9

I guess that applies to the injustice to the innocent Jewish people in Israel too then right?

Yes of course. Injustice should never be tolerated.
Killing one innocent person is like killing all humanity.

Hamas and the Zionists both have blood on your hands. Israel may have Palestinian blood up to their knees but both should get investigated and trialed.

I'm glad that we can agree on that

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kali74
As I was saying.
www.nytimes.com...< br />

“None of the Arab countries are being supportive. The entire burden is on the Palestinians,” said Mondher Maamar, a Tunisian protester who marched in support of Palestinians in Gaza in his country’s capital on Friday.

If none of the Muslim nations are supportive of Palestine then where are they getting their weapons and rockets from? Are kids building them under the desks of the schools Israel bombs?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

i totally agree that this action is fairly pointless, must be for show for the few who still think the UN is a benevolent entity.
Still, with every resolution that America blindly supports Israel, it becomes more obvious that the actual facts of any given situation involving the Israeli state DO NOT MATTER. AS A JEW, I HATE THIS. We aren't even allowed to have a real opinion, and *rant approaching* as a half-black Jew who believes in Christ, I AM SICK OF BEING CALLED RACIST FOR NOT AGREEING! No one is better or more deserving of liberty and peace than anyone, not any Jew, not any black person (omg yes even if he is president)!

Half-truths from every angle. Sucks, but at least if we look at all angles, we may get a clear(er) picture.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Marching? Yea that's going to help the Palestinians.

So you have not proved your point.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If the UN would have stopped Hamas from launching missiles into Israel none of this would be happening.

The UN could have easily stopped Hamas at any time, they could have cut off UNRWA funding, which is the UN agency whose sole purpose of existence is to fund all of the Palestinians.
Instead the UN sets up schools through UNRWA to teach anti_semitism and to store rockets in. THey also provide ambulances to act as apc troop carriers for hamas. Watch any of the live streams from gaza and see if you can count the ak47 barrels poking out of the ambulances speeding around.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ya, I don't think much will come of this, except Israel will have to pull back. Perhaps this is just the UN saying "Hey Israel....you're causing quite a bit of a stir internationally. Let us find a way to get you out without looking like you're retreating".

Israel even responding to it would be surprising in and of itself. Every year the UN declares that Israel's occupation of the Golan Heights region is "illegal" and what does Israel do? Nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No offense but..........

What is this going to accomplish?

We know for a fact the UN has done numerous things to try and "fix" the problem between Israel and Palestine......none have ever ever worked.....

I notice its "palestine militants to a lesser extent"

Why is Hamas not being hammered for their attrocities as well? Suicide Bombers, targeting civilians intentionally.......they cant even say "well Israel had equipment there" like Israel does.........hamas is blatant about it....

UN is useless

You really need to take a proper history lesson….

The VAST majority of jewish Israelis have NO tie to the country except what their precious book told them…
The VAST majority either are immigrants from around the world or children of immigrants from around the world.

They started coming there after the Zionist Congress in 1897 decided that suddenly Israel, with which none of them had any relation apart from text saying that they decended waaaaay back from someone else who believe the same insanities of religion, would become they "homeland" and that as many jews as possible should live in as much land as possible.

The people living there at the time was under the Ottoman rule until western imperialism at the hands of the British turned Israel into a colonial state much like India.

Once the arabs in Israel under British rule found out about the Zionist intentions, they got scared. They had to take back their country and so they started making as fuzz against the British, which you can't really blame them for. The British had NOTHING what so ever to do there in the first place. Alas all their attempts failed and it wasn't until the 2nd world war had ended that the British under pressure from the UN decided to let go of Israel and more or less gave it to the jews…. even though jews and arabs had coexisted there without problems. (the story is that the British outfitted the jewish population as a police force during the occupation…..)

So really, if you don't understand why the Arabs are pissed, frustrated and why some of them have become radicalised them you are off your hinges.

Now… I live in Denmark. What would you say if I made a congress at which I decided that I deemed YOUR country MY homeland and and that all like me should go to your land and live there?? How would you react?
Imagine that you for a brief moment before me going there was under an occupational force that decided that my kind should be policing you……. and then at the end when that force left your country, that I should have control over your country…. how would you feel??? HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

This conflict is NOT about rockets here and there launched by whom ever…. this is a 70 year old conflict that is based upon the oppression of an indigenous population who simply can't understand or accept that they are not allowed to live where they have ALWAYS lived (unlike the zionist jews who are occupying Israel) and not allowed to have the same rights as the jewish population.

STOP MAKING THIS ABOUT HAMAS…. this is about people being oppressed and have been for more than half a century.

Zionists and their #ing Aliyah b u l l.

Peace will not come once Hamas is gone. In that case the Palestinian people will just suffer equally as much with even less rights.
Peace will not come by killing all jews or Zionists.

Peace will come the day that men, women and children stop being raise under WHAT EVER radicalised insane religions be it militant muslims or zionist jews and start enjoying eachothers company like the brothers and sisters we all are.

No religious text should EVER tell you me or anyone else who to live with or who to hurt or who can stay when and where. Believing that any text has the authority to do so is complete madness.

For my last line I shall repeat one of the first.

The VAST majority of jewish Israelis have NO tie to the country except what their precious book told them…
The VAST majority either are immigrants from around the world or children of immigrants from around the world.
edit on 23/7/14 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

As I was saying.
www.nytimes.com...< br />

“None of the Arab countries are being supportive. The entire burden is on the Palestinians,” said Mondher Maamar, a Tunisian protester who marched in support of Palestinians in Gaza in his country’s capital on Friday.

If none of the Muslim nations are supportive of Palestine then where are they getting their weapons and rockets from? Are kids building them under the desks of the schools Israel bombs?

Well obviously the kids are building the rockets at the beach….
2nd

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

TextSTOP MAKING THIS ABOUT HAMAS…. this is about people being oppressed and have been for more than half a century.

Its hard not to make it about the cowards called Hamas when the hide among the civilians.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why? No really. Why? Do these people know what Einstein's definition of insanity was?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

www.brainyquote.com...

Just throw another log resolution on the fire that Israel, with the US's backing, will ignore.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Do people march in for others if they consider them unwanted? Marching has changed the course of many.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The Palestinians ARE Semites. It amazes me that so many people will speak when they don't know the history of the subject.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Im sorry what does this have to do with the post?

Were not talking history of the area.........

Were not talking about what you think of jews

Were talking about the UN and their actions and if they are useless or not

Congrats you think Jews have no claim to the area..........go discuss that in another forum
edit on 7/23/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
If the UN would have stopped Hamas from launching missiles into Israel none of this would be happening.

The UN could have easily stopped Hamas at any time, they could have cut off UNRWA funding, which is the UN agency whose sole purpose of existence is to fund all of the Palestinians.
Instead the UN sets up schools through UNRWA to teach anti_semitism and to store rockets in. THey also provide ambulances to act as apc troop carriers for hamas. Watch any of the live streams from gaza and see if you can count the ak47 barrels poking out of the ambulances speeding around.

Ah still going on about the thread you made about the ambulances that ended in the hoax bin I see, why did it end up in the hoax bin again? Because you where purposely pushing videos that where 5 years old as events happening currently in Gaza.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

It doesn't change the fact that they have and most likely still do.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: sosobad

It doesn't change the fact that they have and most likely still do.

So pushing lies is ok by you? 5 year old videos presented as evidence is not anything, where is your proof they still likely do? More lies and disinformation, truly tactics of propagandists.
edit on 23-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join