It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going Over the Wall? (The Ice Wall, That Is)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The age old question of whether to "go over the wall" or not comes up in the context of Fukushima.

More specifically, let's consider the question in the context of the ice wall which is planned for the Fukushima Daiichi site and which is intended to form a perimeter around that site and to [allegedly] prevent groundwater from being contaminated by radioactivity from the stricken Daiichi reactor buildings.

Based on diagrams of the proposed project, the portion of the ice wall to the west of the stricken buildings forms an absolutely straight-line barrier of great length significantly exceeding the distance from the extreme north wall of reactor 1 to the wall of the other extreme of reactor 4.

Let's consider a water molecule that is driven by the groundwater current to the midpoint of the aforementioned straight-line barrier. This little molecule is up against it and has a very important decision to make. Should it get involved in a great crowd and backlog of similar water molecules and choose to go to the left of the barrier? Or should it get involved with a great crowd and backlog of similar water molecules and choose to go to the right of the barrier?

This is where I believe a law of Physics comes into play, to wit, all things take the path of least resistance. That little water molecule and many more like it will choose to go over the wall.

Thus the ice wall, to a great degree, will be defeated even if freezing of the ground is successfully accomplished, this especially in light of the fact that about 80 feet of height of ground was shaved off in order to prep the Daiichi site for its construction. Far less soil above the bedrock may have its consequences as to the nature of how the groundwater behaves.

There is another consideration. Let's say the little water molecule and all others like it choose to go left or right and not over the wall. Then a discussion of the amplification of wind speeds at the corners of buildings is in order.

When wind strikes an outer wall of a building, the molecules of that wind current get compressed, AND they have to get out of the way of subsequent air molecules that are coming their way to get similarly compressed. So the air molecules that are up against the building's wall speed up as they change their direction to the left or the right in order to make way for those subsequent air molecules. The compressed streams of accelerated air go around the corners of the building, resume their original direction, and blast pedestrians as those pedestrians step into the accelerated streams of air at the corners of the building.

So, while I am not an expert in geology or in fluid dynamics, I would imagine that Fukushima's eastbound current of water as it strikes that west straight-line ice wall barrier will get compressed and accelerate as it goes left or right making itself a more compressed, intense and speedy current of water as it passes the north and south sides of the ice wall barrier. With this being the case, the soil erosion will be unimaginable with ill-defined consequences.

All things considered, I think that it's valid to ask: is the ice wall project seriously proceeding, or is it just a public relations ploy to build confidence and buy time... time for what? For prayers to finally take effect?

P.M.
edit on 23-7-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected "south" to "north"

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
An ice wall? are you effing kidding me? So they will have refrigeration units there constantly running? I need a link because this sounds like the stupidest idea I've ever heard of. How about a concrete wall? Or something like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I looks like the Great Wall of Japan (aka "the Ice wall") may be put to the test with the approaching hurricanes that are a'comin' in Fukushima's direction. (See the other thread in this forum.)

Well, maybe the need - more specifically - for an ice wall will be put to the test... and I mean an ice wall that is effective. This one for Fukushima Daiichi has been criticized for being otherwise.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Now, let's put on our thinking caps, people.

If an ice wall-barrier is constructed down to the bedrock of an area thus forming a perimeter around that area, over the course of 1,000+ years, what do you think will eventually happen?

Well, won't rainwater fall upon and within the area bordered by the ice wall-barrier? And with that barrier, don't you think that that rainwater will have nowhere to flow?

With this being the case, won't there be a huge build-up of water within the bathtub-forming-barrier, water that had been left to stew in the juices of melted-down reactor cores for an ungodly length of time, and won't that build-up ultimately result in an overflow of super contaminated water right over the upper bounds of the ice wall-barrier thus defeating the official purpose of the barrier which is to prevent groundwater from being affected by the Fukushima nuclear power plants.

Hence, the back to the conclusion: the ice wall-barrier is not so much intended to prevent the reactors' affecting the groundwater; the intention is to prevent the groundwater from affecting the reactor buildings, that is, shoving the buildings out of place.

Q.E.D.

P.M.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a follow-up reply to: theworldisnotenough

Well, well, well.

I just came upon the following story at enenews.com:

"‘Shock’: Water underneath Fukushima reactors to be dumped in ocean — Attempts to deal with problem have ‘failed’ — Officials: It’s better than radioactive substances just “spilling directly into the ocean” like it is now"

So, is this what they are going to do with the shock water every time the bathtub-barrier fills up with rainwater?

Tritium, apparently will not be addressed.

Link: enenews.com... ctly-ocean-like-video

P.M.

edit on 9-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Added revision and link.

top topics

join