It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Op: Mom-Jeans Wearing Rick Perry in Helicopter Gunship Hunting Refugee Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: nugget1

That may be part of it, but I think this photo op theme is about making Rick Perry look President worthy.

Well, if he wants to look President worthy, then he can start by turning his damn ball cap in the right direction. What is he 12-years old?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Lol, well we should all be thankful that he wasn't wearing skinny jeans.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

That may be part of it, but I think this photo op theme is about making Rick Perry look President worthy.

Well, if he wants to look President worthy, then he can start by turning his damn ball cap in the right direction. What is he 12-years old?

Just some quick physics for ya, If youre flying with a door open and your cap is turned forward, the wind will rip it off, if its turned backwards its much less likely to do so, much the same as motorcycle riders wearing their caps backwards

Just saying

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: starfoxxx

Lol, well we should all be thankful that he wasn't wearing skinny jeans.

LOL dont you know thats the next step for us, Skinny jeans will be part the new Presidential suit

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The border problem has been there for the 13+ years he has been governor. Glad o see he finally made it down there to take a look-see.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

LOL I think he's trying to emulate GW Bush's boyish charm.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

LOL I think he's trying to emulate GW Bush's boyish charm.

Please god no.........and that GW laugh......makes me want to bang my head into a wall

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He's not wearing his new glasses. Guess those detract from the mean look.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You friend are right...
on the website The Daily Rash
there is a story with this very same picture "Governor Rick Perry Patrols Border with Sniper Rifle"

and if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you'll find this----

This entry was posted on November 25, 2011 at 7:56 pm and is filed under News.

that was indeed 3 years ago... must be someone dusted an old photo to pass around to the press... or to boast 'Mom-Jean" sales?
edit on 23-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's truly sad how lazy reporters have become. I showed the picture to my other half, who knows almost nothing about aircraft, and said "They said he's on a helicopter" and after about a second of looking at it, she said "wow, look at the wing."

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What's that old saying...
any press is good press...

bad or good, right or wrong, right now were all thinking about Rick Perry---and Mom-Jeans

edit on 23-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The site's contact page is missing but from the About page.

Would It Kill You to Like Us on Facebook?
Trish Ponder | Jun 7, 2014

We are THIS CLOSE to a milestone: 200 “Like-ers” on Facebook! How exciting would it be to leap from our current 199 “Like-ing” people to 200? Pretty, pretty, pretty, durn exciting! So help us out. If you don’t already like us on Facebook, would it KILL you to hit that stupid blue thumbs-up icon?

Pensito Year 8
Jon Ponder | Jan 29, 2013

Pensito Review is celebrating its eighth year of publication. Thanks to all our readers!

200 likes on FB. whoo-ho
edit on 7/23/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/23/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's not a helicopter. I have yet to see a helicopter with a wing and a turboprop exhaust sticking off the side of it.

Forward gun port view from an AC-130?

Maybe projectvxn will give us his opinion on the weapon. Doesn't look like any .50 cal I've ever seen. I'll send him a link.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Isn't that the truth. No one cares anymore, it's all about getting your name out there, and pushing your views on everyone else.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of a scene from.....what was it, Platoon? In a gunship much like this:
Guy 1: "How can you shoot women and children?!?!
Guy 2 (at machine gun) "Easy! You just don't lead as much!"
(Leading is where you fire slightly ahead of a moving target, so the bullet reaches the spot where the target will be by the time the bullet travels the distance. Same concept used in American Football when throwing a pass.)

someone should make a gif or something.
edit on 7/23/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

OK so I guess this is not a helo. What are mom jeans?

Reply to Hard Corp, post below mine: Yeah, good call. I guess they must've had tracers back in Nam as well. Hollywood inaccuracy or purposeful mistake on the gunners part for the sake of making a joke?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I may not have been a door gunner but even I know...
you don't lead... you walk the line f tracers onto the target...

So I've heard

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Of course what does he have to fear from some illegal preteens... watching those little kids scatter like roaches while he stands behind his big bad machine gun...

The overwhelming percentage of illegals coming in are adults.
Just this week, the Border Patrol had to take cover when they had .50 caliber fire coming from the other side of the border.

So, nothing to fear, all just little children down there...
ETA: It wouldn't matter whether the weapon is pointed at the ground or not, any rounds fired will end up hitting the ground. If he was parked on the tarmac, aiming at a group of children, that would be different.

edit on bu312014-07-23T11:47:35-05:0011America/ChicagoWed, 23 Jul 2014 11:47:35 -050011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

I may not have been a door gunner but even I know...
you don't lead... you walk the line f tracers onto the target...

So I've heard

Leading is better than shooting behind the target and walking the tracers up to the target.
It is referred to as deflection shooting, and you should be proficient at it to save ammo.
edit on b000000312014-07-23T11:43:53-05:0011America/ChicagoWed, 23 Jul 2014 11:43:53 -05001100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Full Metal Jacket

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

My guess would be that he is wearing it that way to avoid having the wind tear it off of his head. I turn mine around if it is windy, even if I am not on an airplane.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join