It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Op: Mom-Jeans Wearing Rick Perry in Helicopter Gunship Hunting Refugee Children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Please note... the more we look into this story the more we find it seems to be and un-researched pieced together fabrication...
I will leave my original post as is, because that was my gut talking when I first saw this story...
But Now I'm pissed--- mostly at myself--- for not seeing this for what is-- More political BS to sway option

This photo is making the rounds but I’ve had trouble tracking down the source. It appears to show Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry in a helicopter gunship leaning on a powerful-looking weapon aimed at the ground. He is scanning the field below presumably, given recent headlines, seeking to target and shoot refugee children who are attempting to cross the U.S. border from Mexico. A commenter somewhere on Facebook pointed out that the gun Perry is leaning on is not loaded, but I can’t verify that either.

Story and photo source

as an aside the Ma-duce he lounging on is loaded.

the .50 cal is loaded on the off hand/left side as you see in the photo above.. Now take a close look at Ricky rangers gun and you can just make out the ammo can in the shadow under his arm...it may not be cocked and locked, but it wouldn't take much effort to make it a live gun.

As to my feelings...
Just joking about hunting children in a damn gunship is inexcusable!

photo op or not Rick Perry goes to far with this!
Of course what does he have to fear from some illegal preteens... watching those little kids scatter like roaches while he stands behind his big bad machine gun...

For gods sake man, what were you thinking????
you went way to far with this dude.
Right or wrong you just pissed off every parent on the planet
edit on 23-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What's with the "mom jeans" crack?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I had to S&F you for the mom-jeans line alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Do you actually believe this garbage?
I don't think Rick is looking to shoot anyone it's a simple photo op.

Also what are mom jeans??

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
What's with the "mom jeans" crack?

Don't ask me...
it's the story headline the "Pensito Review" went with...
if you go to the website there is a comment box so you an ask them why

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

LOL Mom jeans! LOL

Well, I know I feel a lot safer knowing that Sean Hannity and Rick Perry are armed!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Of all the things going on in the world to worry about and be upset over, I think one mans' tasteless photo ranks very low.
We are being baited by the MSM to choose sides and divide our nation. I try not to take their bait.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Here is a definition from wikipedia:

Mom jeans is a humorously pejorative term for a specific type of fit of women's jeans, considered to be both unfashionable, and unflattering to the wearer's figure. This style usually consists of a high waist (rising above the belly button), making the buttocks appear disproportionately longer, larger, and flatter than they otherwise might. It also tends to have excess space in the zipper/crotch and leg areas. The jeans are usually in a solid, light-blue color, with no form of stone washing or fading. Other attributes of the style often seen are pleats, tapered legs, and elastic waistbands. The style is often accompanied by a blouse or shirt that is tucked into the jeans. This style of jeans was popular with women in the United States until the mid-1990s, when lower rise jeans started to become fashionable.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Rick Perry can pose for any picture he wants, who cares?
Have to be a real moron to believe he is ;hunting'; down children..
Like facebook moronish
Their tight jeans like everyone wore in the 70's except the bottom of them are not bell like..
More recently, baggy jeans for guys, tight jeans for women of all ages.

Now, its just cool again for the guys to wear them too (without the bell bottom of course)
Perry has been wearing that style for quite a time now, whatever you want to call them.
To attack someones fashion is just so low bullishly stupid..
I don't even like rick perry but come on this is borderline autistic..
edit on 23-7-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Is that an official patch or a pack of Marlboro smokes in his jacket pocket?

Whatever... it's a ridiculous promotional pic on a par with Putin tackling a grizzly. He'd be better off sitting on a horse with a machete on his belt and a rifle in his hand. At least he'd seem more the Marlboro Man.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

For gods sake man, what were you thinking????
you went way to far with this dude.

I was just about to say the same thing about your OP.

You took this way out of context...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Jeans that are terminally un-hip. Looks to me, though, like a standard pair of Levis or something.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

My views on immigration are pretty obvious to anyone who reads my posts — namely I don't see the current surge in unauthorized entry by unaccompanied minors as an invasion or a crisis. However, in the interest of dispelling this sort of propaganda, regardless of whose position it supports, I'm going to have to call shenanigans on your source.

This image is at least three years old.

Not that Rick Perry isn't an idiot or it's any better that he's giving the impression that he's prepared to indiscriminately shoot border crossers, but what's fair is fair and the source is misrepresenting the facts. Also, this image did appear on the Facebook page GiveRickaChance back in January.

edit on 2014-7-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It'd be nice if the reporter could have at least gotten the "helicopter gunship" part right. That's not a helicopter. I have yet to see a helicopter with a wing and a turboprop exhaust sticking off the side of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

We are being baited by the MSM to choose sides and divide our nation. I try not to take their bait.

That may be part of it, but I think this photo op theme is about making Rick Perry look President worthy.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Maybe they are on an intercept of a cartel drug shipment. Nope. We know that's unlikely.

He's getting in his last perks before leaving the governor's office.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That may be part of it, but I think this photo op theme is about making Rick Perry look President worthy.

Look the part all he wants, who cares, we learnt he couldn't even beat Romney in a debate, let alone Hillary and the Clinton machine..
I agree with him on putting the national guard on the border of texas, he keeps talking it, lets see it happen..
Looks can be very deceiving.
edit on 23-7-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He got a lot of work then to do before proclaiming Mission Accomplished on this one.

link   

1st. Where in the hell have you read there is an order for the guard or border patrol to shoot kids coming over the border? that sounds like spin and opinion to me and not at all fact. Im genuinely interested to see sources for that

2. you can clearly see its NOT loaded........not sure why you would think otherwise.

3. This pic could have been taken anywhere, from any base here in Texas one of the many he has visited as Gov

This piece is all agenda and no truth(not accusing you OP i was referring to the piece itself)
edit on 7/23/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/23/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It'd be nice if the reporter could have at least gotten the "helicopter gunship" part right. That's not a helicopter. I have yet to see a helicopter with a wing and a turboprop exhaust sticking off the side of it.

Thanks for pointing that out...
As I said-- as a lowly grunt, I wouldn't know what the inside of a gunship looks like, only to keep my butt in the dirt while they make their gun runs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join