It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE ARTICLE that your Church DOES NOT want you to read!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The Judaic-Christian Bible tells a wonderful story.
It is, in fact, often referred to as "The Greatest Story Ever Told".
And so it is! You are now about to find out why!

In the New Testament of Christian Bible, a provocative and most serious challenge is laid on the whole of Christianity. Since it bears directly on our subject, we will quote it: "...if Christ be not risen, then our preaching is in vain, and your faith is also in vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God ..
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins." (I Cor 15:14, 15, & 17)

jordanmaxwell.com...

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm still digesting this...it's certainly fascinating!

Where did it all come from?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
thats alot of typing there, interesting read.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Please give us your thoughts and, your source- this is an interesting subject but the story is available on many sites, such as the following link jordanmaxwell.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've got no idea where you got those ideas from and what evidence exists to back them up but thinking about it logically what you say does make alot of sense. A very well thought out theory.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The dates of Jesus' birth and resurrection were adopted from a religion called Mithraism - along with a lot of other things, such as bishop's mitres, baptism, etc.

Most of what has been written in the original post can be found in Mithraism and it's later development Sol Invictus.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by N0ONE

In the New Testament of Christian Bible, a provocative and most serious challenge is laid on the whole of Christianity. Since it bears directly on our subject, we will quote it: "...if Christ be not risen, then our preaching is in vain, and your faith is also in vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God ..
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins." (I Cor 15:14, 15, & 17)

it's funny how you stop at verse 17. If you had quoted just a few more versus... you would've had no need to continue your post.

I Cor 15:20

BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT CHRIST HAS BEEN RAISED FROM DEATH, AS THE GUARANTEE THAT THOSE WHO SLEEP IN DEATH WILL ALSO BE RAISED.

I mean... I could cut and paste parts of versus that would lead the reader to believe something different than had they read the complete verse/chapter.

what you are doing is so FOX NEWS!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well that makes perfectly good sence to me. I can see it going down that way. I read a book that mentions a lot about this subject a while back called Jesus The Greatest Story Ever Sold, by Archaia S. it also gave tons of references. She mentions how the twelve diciples represent the twelve months of the year and how the romans used christianity as a method of control. Once a few generations have been taught, its hard to escape it or any other religion for that matter. From what I understand if a child is raised from 0 to 6 in a certain religion, 90% will die believing what they were taught. I think it was Constantine who forced people to convert or be killed.

Thats a good article I'm going to save it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's more on the matter : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mithras is a Zoroastrian Angel.

The key points of modern monotheism are all derived from Zoroastrianism.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by N0ONE
The Judaic-Christian Bible tells a wonderful story.
It is, in fact, often referred to as "The Greatest Story Ever Told".
And so it is! You are now about to find out why!

Hey, there, newbie!
Do you plan on giving us the link to the stuff you cut and pasted. It's pretty much verbatim from the link Journey cited.
I don't think the mods take kindly to posting without citing. Maybeit would be a good idea to edit your pos, give credit where credit is due.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
im sorry i had to stop reading it when you altered Matthews gospel to say Sun instead of Son. In the ENGLISH language Sun and Son sound the same but are different. However in other languages this is not true. For instance Spanish nino=son sol=sun. Solar=Sun, Lunar=Moon. That is how it is truley known.

Again, we have another person attacking christianity.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I got the same source from where you got that information, is been around for quite some time.

And it does make sense. I got the book.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Before you try to teach me of the letter "A" first tell me why those lines that form "A" make it "A" and I will teach you of "B"

[edit on 4/12/04 by dnero6911]

df1

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Before you try to teach me of the letter "A" first tell me why those lines that form "A" make it "A" and I will teach you of "B"

The person that wishes to teach me of "B" never remains silent long enough to learn of "A", thus knows nothing of either "A" or "B".

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A good read the appears to makes sense, however i cant help pointing out a flaw....

9. Logically, even if man himself died, as long as the Sun comes up each day, life on Earth will continue forever. Therefore, it was said in the ancient texts that everlasting life was "the gift" that the Father gives through his Sun. For..."God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten SUN that we may have life everlasting"....on Earth!
Not for you personally - but ON EARTH... everlasting life!

The son/sun is not the only begotten, theres millions, perhaps billions of them! Not all near earth admittably but still.....
Thats assuming he made the earth first then wacked a sun nearby for ambience! The other 8 planets just decoration?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, if your a christian, your god does mention other worlds:

"And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine. And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words." Moses 1:37-38

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
NOONE, you need to pair this down to a paragraph and then place a link to the source.
You are placing us in copyright jeopardy and we do not allow this.

Please fix this ASAP as I can't do anything but cut it down since I don't have the link!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Also please change your thread name. I haven't even read it I'll admit it but with that title I get two possibilities. You're either suggesting world wide deceit on a level thats impossible to achieve, or you're trying to sell something lol. (I.E. the secret the stock brokers make their money off of but don't want you to know, only 29.95) lol. Now I'll go back and read your post and give criticism as best my ability. I could ask nothing more of you in anything I post. However, as I have heard the voice of God and felt His power on a very real level, I will be coming at it from that angle.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
Also please change your thread name.

He should not. We are a free society.

You're either suggesting world wide deceit

No one is suggesting anything. The historical roots of Judaism is Zoroastrianism. That's a known fact to historians.

However, as I have heard the voice of God and felt His power on a very real level

Bull#. Have you got any proof?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
Also please change your thread name. I haven't even read it I'll admit it but with that title I get two possibilities. You're either suggesting world wide deceit on a level thats impossible to achieve, or you're trying to sell something lol. (I.E. the secret the stock brokers make their money off of but don't want you to know, only 29.95) lol. Now I'll go back and read your post and give criticism as best my ability. I could ask nothing more of you in anything I post. However, as I have heard the voice of God and felt His power on a very real level, I will be coming at it from that angle.

Honestly I don't mean to be rude, but don't be so nieve....
NOTHING is impossible to achieve... especially world wide deceit....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join