It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli ambassador says IDF deserves Nobel Peace Prize for “unimaginable restraint”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Go ahead and put lipstick on a pig.......It's an eradication of the people of Palestine. Israel always has an excuse to kill other people. If I hear one more time "Israel has a right to defend herself? I'll freakin scream. a reply to: Wrabbit2000

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
We'll we just go in at night and do it silently? Israel is a war mongering nation & people. Saying it's their government don't cut it anymore. I saddens me to watch the eradication of an entire population of people, by a war mongering people who thinks their shat dont stink and the whole world should bow at their feet.

So if stopping Israel means Iran nukes them.....then I say, 3.2.1 mushroom cloud time. reply to: Krazysh0t

Awful. Just awful. I cannot believe you would promote or even celebrate an atrocity against a people. Violence only begets more violence. The reason peace can never be achieved on the planet is because of people like you who believe that piling a greater amount of violence on top of existing violence is going to create peace. No it NEVER creates peace. Oh you may have stability for a little while, but that hate and resentment is building from old wounds. It will be back and worse than before.

On top of that, there are people in Israel that aren't even involved with this war at all. Heck, I'd imagine that there is even a segment of the population who would like nothing better than for Israel to mind its own business for once. But YOU would have them killed all the same as the ones celebrating Israel bombing hospitals. Despicable...

By the way, if Iran were to nuke Israel, the US would be obligated to nuke them back. There will be no peace with your solution. Only exponentially more casualties. I cannot believe someone would seriously entertain this idea as a viable solution. edit: Wait, nevermind, yes I can believe it. If there is one thing humans are good at, it's dehumanizing its fellow man.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

You and I have very very different definitions of "eradication".

Israel could carpet bomb...(the gross misuse of that term in this thread not withstanding) and for a strip of land so small? It wouldn't take but a day. Maybe two. They'd have a bomb blast wave covering or overlapping most square foot areas of the entire Gaza strip with few or no people left without injuries ranging from sputtering cases of shell shock to simple ears ringing for the next week or three.

The death toll wouldn't be 700, as it was announced last night. it would be 70,000, heading to another 0 on the end before long. That's what Israel has the raw power to do, any time they choose. They choose not to.

Israel could do this, and have it done before the world could react in any meaningful way. If Israel wanted to add non-conventional weapons to it, and get downright suicidal in the bargain (look at a map for downwind fall out issues), the could literally remove human habitation of the Gaza strip forever, within an hour or less.

These are abilities Israel has and has openly, without question of raw power they COULD bring to bear. It's also as self evident by action, they choose NOT to do this and instead, do get direct and personal in ways that get their own people killed in the process, despite there being *NO* strictly military or tactical reason to do such a thing. In fact, their attempts at being humane hurt their own efforts and operations as a routine factor to compensate for.

You see a people committing a form of genocide...somehow..and I see a people sick and tired of having it rain warheads. Now, able to get a warhead up the tailpipe almost anywhere within Israel from anywhere within Gaza. That range and capability by Hamas IS a fairly new one as someone who has watched all this carefully since long before 9/11 came along to put everything in high gear.

Put simply...I see a two sided fight with one side in perpetual defense...despite not having to be by circumstances. I see a fight at least ONE side would be happy to see end ..while the other has it in their own official mission statement that the fight can NEVER end as long as one Israeli lives within the lands called Israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

An IgNobel or a Darwin Award would be more befitting of the IDF

Or we could give them gold stars instead...the tacky little foil ones the teachers put on preschool spelling tests

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It started in the early 90's when Gaza government was given to the palestinians. Israel military and business remained. Israel finally left Gaza in 2005. That's really where a lot of the violence started. Once Israel handed the keys to the Palestinians, all **** exploded. This wasn't helped by funding from Iran and jihadist groups.

So my feeling is Israel needs to go in and remove Hamas just as the US removed Saddam. This isn't about borders, it's about war. Hamas is a hostile government launcing rockets and mortars onto its neighbor and similarly strapping explosives onto suicidal jihadists.

Ultimately, I think the creation of Israel was a mistake. They DID clear out 'palestinians' (Arabs) to make way for the Israel nation. The nearby predominantly Arab countries responded with war and the war has not stopped. Yes, Jews had a nation in the region a long time ago named Israel and have lived in the region for thousands of years, but up to the late 1940's that area was informally called Palestine. Additonally, up to 1948, the bulk of the population in the region were Arabs, not Jews. And many peoples have ruled over that land, including the Israelites, the Egyptians, the Persians, the Romans, the Arabs, the Crusaders and the Ottoman Empire. After World War I, Britain and France signed an agreement and ruled until the land was given in part to Jews and Palestinians - the point when Israel as created.

We're at a point now where we can't turn back. Israel is Israel and it has a right to protect itself. What gets me mad is people not being able to get over the past. The past is done. Forget about it. Imagine this is 1920 and you're looking at population charts and you realize the vast majority of the people are Arabs. What do you do? You stop messing things up and you give the coutnry to them and leave. So now we look at Israel today and what do we see? We see a lot of Jews and they have a lot of power. We should get out of hte wya and let them restore order. They have a right to protect their national security. They cannot sit and allow rockets and mortor fire and suicide attacks and constant funding from hostile entities streaming into Gaza and/or West Bank. Nobody has a rihgt to sugges they should not be able to cross those borders and remove the hostile government.

You know what else? I think I've read somewhere the DNA of Jews and Palestinians is essentialy THE SAME. They're the same group of people. All this fighting is cultural and religious.
edit on 24-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

So my feeling is Israel needs to go in and remove Hamas just as the US removed Saddam.

Because that worked out so well for Iraq.....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
Saddam was not attacking US soil with rockets and mortar fire and suicide bombers. What do you expect Israel to do? The US acted MUCH MORE preemptively. Israel IS being very restrained in its actions.

Tehy're a nation at war. This is not genocide. War: spell it out.

And thre're broader problems. Iran does not acknowledge the existence of Israel. Syria and Lebanon are not friendly either.

Lebanon (July 11 2014) remembering the Israel-Lebanon War (2006):
www.cnn.com - Rocket fired into northern Israel from Lebanon...

A rocket was fired into northern Israel from southern Lebanon, and the Israeli military responded with an artillery strike, a spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces said Friday.

The rocket landed near the northern Israeli town of Metula, which sits right by the Lebanese border, and no damage or injuries have been reported. It was not immediately clear who fired the rocket.

The IDF spokesman said that Israel holds the Lebanese government responsible for the attack.

edit on 24-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
war is peace ...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
People, all of us, have turned civilization into crap. Big league sports: drug addled crap mired in corporate lunacy. Olympic sports: drugs and official corruption. Politics: merged with organized crime decades ago after dabbling for centuries. The UN: a tool for trans-national criminals. The Nobel Committee: setting the new absence of standards, blowing in the wind and whim of the moment.

Eff humanity anyway! We don't deserve nuttin'. Nuttin' I tell ya!

Oops, I forgot. The Press: the vomiting anus of mendacity.
edit on 24-7-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There's obviously no Nobel Peace Prize to be awarded amidst this tragic conflict, but I do think that Hamas has not been scrutinized enough for their role in the death of Palestinian civilians.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join