It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Menza UFO sighting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

No one is trying to prove or disprove aliens. It's whether or not this video is actually showing what was in the sky at the time of filming. I, without a shadow of a doubt, think that you've been 'had'.

I'm 44 years old. I've seen the evolution of UFO videos. Which, amazingly, always proceed in tune with computing/editing capabilities of our own kind. I wonder why that may be? Hmmmmm....

The video you presented was at best very poor, at worst downright diabolical!

I refer to my previous post about Adobe After Effects (or similar software)! I've seen it too many times to be interested.

edit on 24-7-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Can you please link an article or source proving it is fake?

No. It's your job to prove it was real. Without proof, it's meaningless.
edit on 24-7-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I can't say if the video is real or not, and I'm not one to judge. Although it feels fake to me.

That being said. two months ago in Los Angeles (studio city is a part of Los Angeles) I did see a flying triangle just like that (almost) that had a 4th "Star" like object that merged with it. The object I saw was Much, much lower to the ground and hauling ass though. The colors in the video seem wrong compared to what I saw. The three lights of the triangle in real life are a pale baby blue, and much smaller more concise in shape.

That being said who am I to judge, there could be lots of triangles flying out there. I may have seen one version and this might be yet another model. I want to believe because. 1. ran into Nick Menza as a teen at a corner store in Studio City. He was a cool guy then. Megadeth's Rust in Peace is an awesome album. He even played on a Megadeth track called hangar 18. And I'm an old school Megadeth fan. So I Want to believe the video is real, but it just doesn't match up with the one I saw so I'm skeptical.

But if Nick is a member of ATS then IM me if you're sincere about the sighting and it's real. Would love to talk to someone else whop's seen the real thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I must have missed this. Can you please link an article or source proving it is fake?

No need for a link, the proof you require is in the post with the gif image showing the poor motion tracking.
Take a good look at it. See the way the "ufo" moves about a bit while the moon does'nt?
There's your proof.

I see you commented on it sarcastically when it was posted. Why?
You were presented with solid proof of it being a fake yet you ignore it completely

The motto of this site is deny ignorance, not deny evidence.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As far as I can see, from what I read, this whole thing has been proved to be a fake, to wit I would imagine a moderator should send it to the hoax bin.
I however do not see this as proved fake in any way, and more to the point, the onus is not on me to prove its truth, but rather to present its existence.

Its existence is here. what do you want to do, kill the messenger?

edit on 24-7-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

"The video you presented was at best very poor, at worst downright diabolical! ! This was offensive.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's gone 2am here, so Ill wait till tomorrow after work.... but...

I totally agree it's real, in the sense that's it's a added aftereffect added to the original film being made.

However, I strongly disagree that it's an alien spacecraft signalling it's intent!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
You misunderstand my intentions for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Huge Megadeth fan here, so it's pretty cool to see a purported sighting of a UFO from Nick Menza, here on ATS.

Their 1990 album Rust In Peace primarily deals with extraterrestrials, and government cover-ups in general...

edit on 24-7-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The whole "check out my new music video" thing makes it highly suspect as a B$ oh I mean Guerrilla marketing scheme.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Where are we in the debate? Should a person now simply not even mention anything that may seem strange or have some kind of impact? where does this stop in fact? After this being my first actual post of something that hadn't been recorded previously it seems that the community slap down definitely takes away from my desire to share anything else I may come across. I stand by this post, REAL or FAKE. I never intended to make anyone believe a lie, nor tell one.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Where are we in the debate? Should a person now simply not even mention anything that may seem strange or have some kind of impact? where does this stop in fact? After this being my first actual post of something that hadn't been recorded previously it seems that the community slap down definitely takes away from my desire to share anything else I may come across. I stand by this post, REAL or FAKE. I never intended to make anyone believe a lie, nor tell one.

You posted a really bad CGI bunch of nonsense that was easily dismissed. Don't take it personally, it's a learning curve! I urge you too continue to search out new and unseen videos/images for our perusal!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

You posted a really bad CGI bunch of nonsense that was easily dismissed. Don't take it personally, it's a learning curve! I urge you too continue to search out new and unseen videos/images for our perusal!

But and here is the point, who has decided that this is CGI?
Please, lets be realistic about this, we need some kind of professional video/image consultant here right? Or are we to believe that ufooooo or whoever is the god of cgi detection?
No offence at all to him but really?
Please stop calling the post nonsense, who are you to call it nonsense? Dammit this makes me mad. It may very well be as you say nonsense...but who are you to arbitrarily say so?.
I appreciate your half hearted desire to encourage me to continue but WTF?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Do you think it might be some type of Gorilla marketing?

In the video he clearly states "check out my new music video" at the end. That makes it suspect in itself for me especially since nowadays marketing peeps are willing to do anything under the guise of gorilla marketing.

edit on 36731America/ChicagoThu, 24 Jul 2014 23:36:06 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

What do you think of the gif image that was posted?
im being sincere, i genuinely would like to know your opinion

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bogus.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree, it could well be a marketing stunt, hell I would probably have thought that if I hadn't actually read all his youtube comments and replies. The man doesn't seem to be lying, however, that does not rule out any and all motives to fake this. I just don't think he has posted this as a fake. Thank you for your comments.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

What do you think of the gif image that was posted?
im being sincere, i genuinely would like to know your opinion

I honestly don't know what to make of the gif that was posted, I don't really understand enough about making gifs to say if it is in fact a real thread killer or not, however, what I did think was a powerful argument against, not definitive but rather important, was the the video that ufo posted called hangar 18.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not sure about motion tracking but motion blur is all wrong. Much shorter on the UFO than on the moon.

Frame 940:

Frame 946:

Frame 969:

Etc. Cheesy CGI.
edit on 2014-7-25 by nablator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nablator

"The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true I mean false. It’s all lies. But they’re entertaining lies and in the end isn’t that the real truth? The answer is no." -- Leonard Nimoy The Simpsons episode "The Springfield Files"

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The proof of hoax is the moon not moving while the UFO moves in a gif.?

I have never made a gif or recorded a UFO, but I knew Nick way back when so I would like know if this is actually debunked by that shaky gif.

And the kids are acting while Nick calls it a "satellite" or "space station" was scripted? Seriously. You think he would have said that if he had time to think about it? Sounds more like a poor excuse for "debunking" than premeditated self-promotion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join