It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for threads to be removed the OP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Note: Not sure if correct forum to ask this

There was a thread made about Russia apparently issuing evacuation orders. In the middle of trying to translate the document Document, I go to the thread to semi-confirm that the text is in Ukrainian, when suddenly I 404'd. I can't find the thread anymore anywhere.

Could the thread have been removed or...
edit on 23-7-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Yep, the 404 page usually means the Mods Trash binned the thread
edit on 23-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

i did the same exact thing you did....

anyways... here is the best i could find...

translate.google.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Most likely it was cause it was from TRN, a known hoax site. Strange it didn't just get hoaxed but hey whatcha gonna do. Our white board their eraser

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi
I could speculate why they trashed it.

The OP only had a printscreen of a "russian" pamflet and no translation and claimed it said that Russia was giving notice to evacuate the area. With the source being rather dubious I can understand they trashed it.

Peace

edit on 23-7-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Yeah, I was thinking about this as a logical reason as well. Too much propaganda and finger pointing/ improper news threads lately.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yea I saw the thread get the boot.

However - the screenshot document provided by the OP was indeed talking about evacuations...It was saying stuff like take only what is necessary. Food, water, clothing. Said something about 'follow all orders from your district commander' and something about a school being an evacuation zone....I was in the process of attempting to translate it when, poof.

ETA - it would make sense for the document to be in Ukrainian however I got my best translation results when running it as Russian.
edit on 23-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Iwish the mods would at least offer a small explanation to the poster when deleting threads. Just seems respectful.

Too many times do we see new threads asking there old ones have gone and them we get a mod saying 'oh yeah I deleted that because.....' Followed by 'PM me for more information'. HOW ABOUT YOU PM THE OP WHEN YOU DELETE THEIR HARD WORK?

Why dont you mods show a little respect and give us reasons for closing threads without us having to search for the reasons. Some people put hours of work creating threads only to have them pulled without explanation?????

Please mods, show some respect on these boards too, I have yet to create a thread under this username but have times before to have my work removed without explanation. I had to literally create a new thread just to get a response from the mods.

Just PM the OP when deleting their thread. It just respectful to the people who wasted time creating it and contributing to it. They also know who deleted it and why. We cant PM the mod who closed it when we dont even know who closed it.

Sometimes 'customer service' on ATS is questionable at best sometimes. Did I say sometimes?
edit on 23-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

I second that sentiment for sure.

On another note - for anybody interested in the 404'd thread in question.

Here is a VERY rough translation of the document from the OP.

S operoppggtms sluieb
F: 7 / U '(Er) niih Leiprii - dggeschchpchgrskli engnea1 (g MChe
"L11", • Fri "112" (begplptny 4)
$ 7O-28y
ОМВдРоссииппБгчггорпдскомУрагоиу "02" 51-77-1h
Department gd1OGK Oyunhbp (Higgs pp raiichnp. 'Uproshgepii of PS1; Liege on
Bglearpdskoy and Vprpneegsgkpgg pblpelig 570-.557, 50 $ -723
TUP vBglvodohpigtiVkh chgastok 41, 2 (g 57141.?
Ambulance. Chsdtststsask'y Help 4 o '., OkpigbrskggL) "P3", 570.3 / 1'1
Emergency e g ezhbp ozgg 57P-204
Adchtsaakigragoeya GSC oioselak Oyupibrgkin "" 570-430
Pitsapgka
Leysv,: aigg on enuchi1g chre1aschiyvoy sgtgutegi (ES) un territory
Urban piseieiin iiossshok Okptbrskagsh
REMEMBER! Lreduprezhdingge about ozhidpemolg disaster fed by
sirens, fire preryvggstychgg signalgiig maitny .. can be transmitted
orally. gyu phone. sposoGhsii other.
After receiving a warning about ueroue disaster, soobschgane this Waipio
relatives, neighbors.
Place SEL (collection-evakutpyugmogo puinosh) is edatt MUK
pOktyabrskage LLKi where you to know;; relatives must
immediately come to evakuagrggg.
Commission on Emergency and fire safety (KCHG. and 1111) at
pdlgyugistragrpg urban ipsegegiig gg17oselok Oktyabrsktgh the threat of disaster
works in the building pdlginggstoishig. tel. 570-430
Iigfyurmatsggyu about pozhgiyh people lezhachga patients who need
assistance to evacuate, inform on meth. 570-430
In case of emergency when evakuauigg have: doluneity, stock
pgppeeoyg water, food or 1 ntsnganin bags, clothes pi season.
Dagoli Nipple. Place for epakuagti in case of emergencies, school building
Nov. nOkpghbrskaya CO! : W. Hero 10 Russians. Chulgakai

Nachnmka GO in case of evacuation

About the beginning of evakuagrggg V441 will obyaaleio the workplace and
zhiteas pya.
Received gszeei (egggge about the evacuation, prepare and take it with you
only the neobhodgsmoe: LNM, Obéché, fasting iye and toiletries
prinadlezhpostgg honey Linda ievty personal dokumegipy and money, as well as
a two-day supply neportnschgskhsn products.
Each backpack ielkgdagu sludge bag attach a tag with
indicating your name, address and place lostotgogo.mesta zhitetstgyu evaguchschii.
When everything is prgaotovleggo, vytyuchggte appliances, eiders, light,
close to the apartment and ustanoagegigomu vremems with things on yayites
made eeakopunyup (SEL - MUK pOktnbrsky PDKgg).
Neither SE! 1 and tell you earegistrnrgyut order evaguaugpg
(Dispersal) n zogp secure '. All evacuees will be met
and placed in public edangeyah years CHI: pmyh home. Will be organized
supply of goods dovoaspgvenismgg and prolgyistennymgs first
neobhodilshsti, copper tstsyskoe TS) usivanie.
In turn, you must comply with all district '
Chairman of alpsti years eggaduatsionggogo punktagovoiitmoskvl

And here is a variant of the same translation above.

S operoppggtms sluieb F: 7 / U '(Er) niih Leiprii - dggeschchpchgrskli engnea1 (g MChe "l11", • Fri "112" (begplptny 4) $ 7O-28y ОМВдРоссииппБгчггорпдскомУрагоиу "02" 51-77-1h Department gd1OGK Oyunhbp (Higgs pp raiichnp. 'Uproshgepii of PS1; Liege on Bglearpdskoy and Vprpneegsgkpgg pblpelig 570-.557, 50 $ -723 TUP vBglvodohpigtiVkh chgastok 41, 2 (g 57141.? Ambulance. chsdtststsask'y Help 4 o'., OkpigbrskggL ) "P3", 570.3 / 1'1 Emergency ezhbp e g ozgg 57P-204 Adchtsaakigragoeya GSC oioselak Oyupibrgkin "" 570-430 Pitsapgka Leysv,: aigg on enuchi1g chre1aschiyvoy sgtgutegi (ES) un urban area piseieiin iiossshok Okptbrskagsh REMEMBER! Lreduprezhdingge about ozhidpemolg emergency supplied by sirens, fire preryvggstychgg signalgiig maitny .. can be transmitted orally. gyu phone. sposoGhsii other. received warning ueroue disaster, soobschgane this Waipio relatives, neighbors. place SEL (collection-evakutpyugmogo puinosh) is edatt MUK pOktyabrskage LLKi where you know with;; relatives should immediately come to evakuagrggg. Commission on Emergency and fire safety (KCHG. and 1111) for urban pdlgyugistragrpg ipsegegiig gg17oselok Oktyabrsktgh the threat of emergency works in the building pdlginggstoishig. tel. 570-430 Iigfyurmatsggyu about pozhgiyh people lezhachga patients who require assistance to evacuate, inform on meth. 570-430 In case of emergencies when evakuauigg have: doluneity, stock pgppeeoyg water, food or 1 ntsnganin bags, clothes pi season. Dagoli Nipple. Place for epakuagti in case of emergencies, school building Nov. nOkpghbrskaya CO! : w. Hero 10 Russians. Chulgakai Nachnmka GO in case of evacuation beginning evakuagrggg About V441 will obyaaleio the workplace and zhiteas pya. Received gszeei (egggge about the evacuation, prepare and take only the most neobhodgsmoe: LNM, Obéché, fasting iye prinadlezhpostgg and toiletries, honey Linda ievty personal dokumegipy and money, as well as a two-day supply neportnschgskhsn products. Ielkgdagu Each backpack bag attach silt tag indicating the name, address and place lostotgogo.mesta zhitetstgyu evaguchschii. When everything is prgaotovleggo, vytyuchggte appliances, eiders, light, flat and close to ustanoagegigomu vremems yayites on with things made ​​eeakopunyup (SEL - MUK pOktnbrsky PDKgg). Neither SE! 1 and tell you earegistrnrgyut order evaguaugpg (dispersal) n zogp secure '. All evacuees will be met and placed in public edangeyah years CHI: pmyh home. supply will be organized and pro dovoaspgvenismgg prolgyistennymgs first neobhodilshsti goods, copper tstsyskoe TS) usivanie. In turn, you must comply with all district 'bodies alpsti years chairman eggaduatsionggogo item
agovoiitmoskvl

As I said in the other thread - do not flame me. I know this is nonsense above. But there is some English in there just scan for what you can read - they are talking about evacuations and the like. The problem with translating is nobody knows what language it is and you have to convert the picture into a doc and then translate and it just gets messy.

edit on 23-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I haven't created a thread in a long time but when I did and it got trashed (which happened pretty often) I would usually receive a U2U from the moderator who deleted it and why it was removed.

Of course only the OP will receive a notification.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I haven't created a thread in a long time but when I did and it got trashed (which happened pretty often) I would usually receive a U2U from the moderator who deleted it and why it was removed.

Of course only the OP will receive a notification.

Peace

Oh thats good to know, it would seem some mods do realise this is the only way to do it.

I wish ALL the mods would though as I see threads like this almost daily.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have always received a U2U whenever staff has removed a thread or a post of mine. I doubt that I'm special, and the only one they do that for. Always check your messages.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When a moderator moves a thread anywhere, whether it be another forum or the trash bin, a U2U is automatically generated and sent to the OP. This is done so that the member knows who initiated the move and can simply reply to the U2U if they have any questions about why it was moved/trashed.

We're not perfect and there are occasions where something might be moved that shouldn't be so, please, if you feel your thread has been moved in error, just write back to the U2U and open a dialogue with our staff member.

Hope that helps!

new topics

top topics

join