It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians fed conspiracy theories on MH17 crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

An assassination attempt against Russian President Vladimir Putin. A desperate ploy to draw the West into the battle for Ukraine's east. A botched mission to commit mass murder against Russian citizens.

Russian news consumers are getting plenty of explanations for the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, which killed 298 people. While they vary wildly in content, all point the finger at Ukraine. None admits the possibility that Russia may bear responsibility.

Russians fed conspiracy theories on MH17 crash

As you'd expect of a state where the media is explicitly an organ of state propaganda, the Russian media is toeing the Kremlin line - even contradicting themselves.......a Ukrainian BUK shot down MH17....no..it was an SU-25..and my personal favourite:

After the airline tragedy, Putin led the shift to a more aggressive tone.

"This tragedy would not have happened if there were peace on this land, if the military actions had not been renewed in southeast Ukraine," Putin said. "And, certainly, the state over whose territory this occurred bears responsibility for this awful tragedy."

Gosh - if Russia wasn't fighting a proxy war in Ukraine this would not have happened - whodathunk that??

But Mr Putin no - the state over which this happened does not bear responsibility for it - the people who fired the missile bear responsibity. What the state that it occurred in has responsibility for it het INVESTIGATION - which your lackeys are getting in the way of!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

As you'd expect of a state where the media is explicitly an organ of state propaganda, the Russian media is toeing the Kremlin line

I expect this from any media outlet...

Look how the West reported on WMDs, 9/11 and Osama.

It's an industry standard to "toe the line".

Now, it would indeed be a bold move, but if someone has evidence that validates any of the conjecture out there, it should be brought forward now, before this really gets out of hand.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
edit on Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:37:52 -0500374America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

OMG you have done it now. Hope you are a fast typist as the barrage of pro russian sentiment comes flowing in. Right now I would simply wait and see what happens with the international investigation. Although unless it comes out in favour of the current pro russian propaganda it will be labelled a lie.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
Yeah - already you can see it - obfuscating the story by trying to distract with problems with western media.

Never mind that there's a patently obvious difference - the pavlovian reaction here on ATS is that it is always the US's fault, that western media is always just toeing het line or lying, and therefore everyone else must be better.

BZZZZTTT....no...actually it is possible to be worse - and Russia is a case in point!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow you may be on to something with this thread .The attempted assassination of pore Pute almost broke my heart when I heard it ... I thought no way anyone would want him dead .He has way too many fans in the west only because we have such lame leaders ourselves . Replace the Obamanator with someone like a Bush or a Chaney or what the heck I am sure Hillbilly Hillary is what the west needs to put forth a true fearless leader .

Check out how even the present Govt in Ukraine has to be a better pic then a Putin .

What is wrong with us ? We really need newer models for our failing system to bring back Pride and real cahounes .You don't suppose that maybe Putin is the Anti-Christ do you ? Like the state dept. has said all we need is social media to figure this out . Putin telling us that satellite data and black box recorders mean nothing . Kerry himself repeats social media so it has to be true . I was listening to Obama recently and he almost drew that line again . I am sure Putin and his gang over at RT must have been shaken . silly russians eh !

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
When you want to discredit a theory you pair it with absurdities like the 1 and 3 (Putin Assassination and Russian Genocide)
You hide the truth in a pile of feces

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Lol not surprising at all.
I remember Chavez saying on a national broadcast "If there was life on mars, i'm sure capitalism ended it".

It doesn't matter how insane their statements are, what matters is the relation of guilt and subject.
it's conditioning fools!!!!

Its always the Evil Empire's fault. Russia,Syria,Venezuela,Cuba,North Korea,China... they all stem from the same red virus.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, North Koreans believe they won the world cup, due to Kim Jong-un's propaganda network, that's how state-sponsored propaganda outlets work, to deceive their own citizens. Putin is probably much more concerned with keeping his own citizens confused or in the dark about what really happened, more than he is concerned about what the average Westerner thinks.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

"This tragedy would not have happened if there were peace on this land, if the military actions had not been renewed in southeast Ukraine," Putin said. "And, certainly, the state over whose territory this occurred bears responsibility for this awful tragedy."

Gosh - if Russia wasn't fighting a proxy war in Ukraine this would not have happened - whodathunk that??

But Mr Putin no - the state over which this happened does not bear responsibility for it - the people who fired the missile bear responsibity. What the state that it occurred in has responsibility for it het INVESTIGATION - which your lackeys are getting in the way of!

No way man! Putin is right. If the west did not meddle and back a regime change instead of waiting a whole whopping year for an election, this never would have happened. At least by the western narrative it wouldn't have.

I bet Russia is a little confused about how to defend itself against this, seeing as how they had NOTHING to do with it. The west on the other hand has had a complete narrative within hours of the crash without even having access to the crash site, by the west's own admissions, of course.

It never happened in Russia and Russians didn't do it. That much is absolutely clear.
edit on 22-7-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Putin is probably much more concerned with keeping his own citizens confused or in the dark about what really happened, more than he is concerned about what the average Westerner thinks.

yeah, maybe in opposite land.

edit on 22-7-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

lol - we have a winner!!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

lol - we have a winner!!

Was that an insult?

What have I won?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I bet Russia is a little confused about how to defend itself against this, seeing as how they had NOTHING to do with it.

You know this how? Here's an interesting piece on the subject, though I know nothing about the media source.

The Russian Public Has a Totally Different Understanding of What Happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 And it's more of a problem than you think. As the crisis surrounding the plane crash deepens and as calls for Vladimir Putin to act grow louder, it’s worth noting that they’re not really getting through to Putin’s subjects. The picture of the catastrophe that the Russian people are seeing on their television screens is very different from that on screens in much of the rest of the world, and the discrepancy does not bode well for a sane resolution to this stand-off. Link

Meanwhile, in the words of the Prophet: "Don't step in that, Wilbur..."

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I bet Russia is a little confused about how to defend itself against this, seeing as how they had NOTHING to do with it.

You know this how? Here's an interesting piece on the subject, though I know nothing about the media source.

The Russian Public Has a Totally Different Understanding of What Happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 And it's more of a problem than you think. As the crisis surrounding the plane crash deepens and as calls for Vladimir Putin to act grow louder, it’s worth noting that they’re not really getting through to Putin’s subjects. The picture of the catastrophe that the Russian people are seeing on their television screens is very different from that on screens in much of the rest of the world, and the discrepancy does not bode well for a sane resolution to this stand-off. Link

Meanwhile, in the words of the Prophet: "Don't step in that, Wilbur..."

Russian media is free to speculate any which way they please. Seeing as how they had nothing to do with it and all...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They are free to speculate even if they did have anything to do with it.

Can you provide the evidence that supports this absolute clarity you have achieved?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

They are free to speculate even if they did have anything to do with it.

Can you provide the evidence that supports this absolute clarity you have achieved?

Look at the CIA's own analysis. There is no evidence that the missile was shot from Russia or by a Russian.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I saw the same story on CNN.

I personally don't believe it's as wide spread as they say. It is supposed to present absurd theories and then through subversion it implants in our heads "ha, the Russians are dumb enough to believe this."

In reality, we don't know who shot it down. Ukraine has the capability and motive, but the rebels MAY have had the capability.

We just don't know.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I agree with the current US government assessment (not that I do that a lot), and it's been my opinion from the word go: the Russians provided their proxies in the Ukraine with the missile launchers, they shot at (yet another) aircraft, and it turned out to be civilian.

I don't think it was an act of terrorism, I don't think it was a false flag, I think it was an disastrous mistake. Russia has lost enormous face.

The sooner that is admitted, the sooner this whole situation in the region can be diffused. Ceasefire and peacekeepers. Meanwhile, I marvel at the propaganda machines in action...including here at ATS. I always take a degree of offence at their transparency. I mean what kind of idiot do they take me for?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The sooner that is admitted, the sooner this whole situation in the region can be diffused. Ceasefire and peacekeepers

So you're suggesting they confess even if they didn't do it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join