It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Terrorists Complain, ‘Their God Changes The Paths Of Our Rockets In Mid-Air

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Or Israel has a bomb diggety Iron dome protection system.
Maybe God (or the US Government) made sure they had the right tech to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't want to get into the debate about whether or not they worship the same god (i believe they do). That's for another time.

As for the actual story itself, the quote appears as such:

As one of the terrorists from Gaza was reported to say when asked why they couldn’t aim their rockets more effectively: ‘We do aim them, but their God changes their path in mid-air.’

www.inquisitr.com...

After looking at this quote, and the source newspaper, i severely question the story's veracity. Here's why:

1 - The quote originates in a British regional Jewsish newspaper. The article was written by a Barbara Ordman, whose description states her to be: "A Mancunian who lives in Ma’ale Adumim on the West Bank." It should be noted that the description does not title here as a journalist, and her article, while using a sensationalist headline, primarily focuses on her own life under the current situation in Israel.

www.jewishtelegraph.com...

2 - There is no description of the origin of such a statement. We only hear that a terrorist said that their rockets were blocked by the Jewish God. Okay. Which individual said that? Of whom was the terrorist speaking to when he made the comment? Who was the journalist who originally reported on the statement? How did such an individual land an interview with a Hamas fighter, for him to even claim such a thing? The lack of answers to these questions should raise red flags for everyone. Not only are we seeing all sources point to this regional British paper, but we are also relying on a Jewish individual, who purports to live in the West Bank...

3 - Stating such a thing would undermine Hamas' authority, as it would be an acknowledgement of failure.

4 - Islamic extremists are not totally retarded. Hamas is active on social media, and i am sure they know what the iron dome is. Some individual fighters may hold separate beliefs, depending on their personal knowledge and access to information. The comment still seems out of place though, especially when one starts to consider the Islamic belief of one god (that's if you want to take the alleged Hamas' fighters quote literally).

I don't believe this story, and its veracity is highly questionable.
edit on 23-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I don't want to get into the debate about whether or not they worship the same god (i believe they do). That's for another time.

Your first assumption is wrong, that debate was over long ago to the point there is no debate.

Source

Seeing that you failed on your first assumption, your opinion of the story is just that, your opinion, with all of your own personal biases which understandably can cloud judgement.

Let me remind you of your incessant demand for unbiased sources in past threads, follow your own standards you so zealously want to set for others around here.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Your first assumption is wrong, that debate was over long ago to the point there is no debate.

Source

Seeing that you failed on your first assumption, your opinion of the story is just that, your opinion, with all of your own personal biases which understandably can cloud judgement.

Let me remind you of your incessant demand for unbiased sources in past threads, follow your own standards you so zealously want to set for others around here.

Someone still sour about their thread getting chucked into the hoax bin, and subsequently 404'd?

There is a difference between providing an opinion, and pushing propaganda. You have yet again, provided a questionable source in an attempt to shut the opinions of others down. You provided a site named Answering Islam...which just so happens to be published by Evangelical Christians. Of course, one only know that after reading through a page of deflection about themselves and the website of which they operate:

Many people send us emails asking who we are, what are our qualifications to speak on Islam, what is our statement of faith, etc.

Some say, that they love our site, and would like to recommend it to others, but cannot do so before they know who we are and what exactly we believe.

If you are one who seeks answers to these questions, we would like to ask you: What would you need these answers for? Why is the (usually acknowledged) quality of our material not enough for you?

This all said, we are Evangelical Christians and agree without reservations with the statement of faith as given, for example, by the World Evangelical Alliance and the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization.

www.answering-islam.org...

I would not trust Christians to provide a complete and understanding analysis of Islam, the same in that i wouldn't trust Muslims to provide a complete and understanding analysis regarding the Christian faith. Indeed, the Christians of Answering Islam use some solid sources, but that doesn't answer for their own interpretation of Quranic verses, and their basis of fact relating to the bible:

It is therefore up to Muslims to decide whether to accept Jesus Christ as Yahweh's Son and the Savior of the world and receive the assurance of eternal salvation. Or continue to worship Allah of the Quran who never promises Muslims the joy of knowing that their sins have been forgiven, giving them the assurance of eternal salvation.

As for this topic, and that of god, they are my personal opinions, and i am not providing them as proof. Additionally, my belief that the gods of the three Abrahamic religions are one in the same, is my belief only, and i never said otherwise. And while we are on the topic, the debate is still very much disputed. Just because you enjoy using sources which propagate your biased perspectives, doesn't mean that your beliefs are the truth.

Here are some excerpts which may be of interest to you.

So do Christians Muslims, and Jews, really all worship the same God?

In two major volumes on the subject recently published by scholars from various faiths and traditions, including Volf’s, the most inclusive response from these scholars is basically: Yes, and it’s our God.

This is not a new way of answering the question.

In 1076, Pope Gregory VII wrote this to a Muslim leader: “We believe in and confess one God, admittedly, in a different way…”

Pope John Paul II drew from the same rhetorical well several times.

“We believe in the same God, the one God, the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection,” he first said in a speech to Muslims in Morocco in 1985.

Looking for a more recent example? Consider the plight of Vatican envoy to Malaysia.

Shortly after he arrived there last year, Archbishop Joseph Marino said that is was fine by him that Christian translations of the Bible into Malay use the word “Allah” for “God.”

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

The fact of the matter is this: fearful people bent on domination have created the contest for supremacy between Yahweh, the God of the Bible, and Allah, the God of the Quran. The two are one God, albeit differently understood. Arab Christians have for centuries worshiped God under the name "Allah." Most Christians through the centuries, saints and teachers of undisputed orthodoxy, have believed that Muslims worship the same God as they do. They did so even in times of Muslim cultural ascendency and military conquests, when they represented a grave threat to Christianity in the whole of Europe.

After the fall of Constantinople (1453), the city named after the first Christian emperor and a seat of Christendom for more than 1,000 years, Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa, a towering intellect and an experienced church diplomat, affirmed unambiguously that Muslims and Christians worship the same God, albeit partly differently understood. Significantly, in response to the fall of Constantinople and the Muslim threat, Nicholas of Cusa advocated "conversation" rather than "crusade," a strategy pursued doggedly though unsuccessfully by his friend, Pope Pius II. For Nicholas believed that war could never solve the issue between Christendom and Islam.

We live in a different world than Nicholas and Pius II did, but our options are roughly the same. We should resolutely follow Nicholas. The terrorists must be stopped. As to the 1.6 billion Muslims, with them we must build a common future, one based on equal dignity of each person, economic opportunity and justice for all and freedom to govern common affairs through democratic institutions. Muslims and Christians have a set of shared fundamental values that can guide such a vision partly because they have a common God.

Whether Muslims and Christians worship the same God is also the driving question for the relation between these two religions globally. Does the one God of Islam stand in contrast to the three-personal God of Christianity? Does the Muslim God issue fierce, unbending laws and demand submission, whereas the Christian God stands for love, equal dignity and the right of every individual to be different? Answer these questions the one way, and you have a justification for cultural and military wars. Answer them the other way, and you have a foundation for a shared future marked by peace rather than violence.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

You and your source may believe that the Christian and Islamic gods are not the same, but scholars and Vatican personnel disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This does't surprise me. I once worked with a Palestinian fellow who commented that his computer that I looked at for him started working because it was "scared of you because you are white". Perhaps they don't trust technology.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Source

Someone still sour about their thread getting chucked into the hoax bin, and subsequently 404'd?

There is a difference between providing an opinion, and pushing propaganda. You have yet again, provided a questionable source in an attempt to shut the opinions of others down. You provided a site named Answering Islam...which just so happens to be published by Evangelical Christians. Of course, one only know that after reading through a page of deflection about themselves and the website of which they operate:

Many people send us emails asking who we are, what are our qualifications to speak on Islam, what is our statement of faith, etc.

Some say, that they love our site, and would like to recommend it to others, but cannot do so before they know who we are and what exactly we believe.

If you are one who seeks answers to these questions, we would like to ask you: What would you need these answers for? Why is the (usually acknowledged) quality of our material not enough for you?

This all said, we are Evangelical Christians and agree without reservations with the statement of faith as given, for example, by the World Evangelical Alliance and the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization.

www.answering-islam.org...

I would not trust Christians to provide a complete and understanding analysis of Islam, the same in that i wouldn't trust Muslims to provide a complete and understanding analysis regarding the Christian faith. Indeed, the Christians of Answering Islam use some solid sources, but that doesn't answer for their own interpretation of Quranic verses, and their basis of fact relating to the bible:

It is therefore up to Muslims to decide whether to accept Jesus Christ as Yahweh's Son and the Savior of the world and receive the assurance of eternal salvation. Or continue to worship Allah of the Quran who never promises Muslims the joy of knowing that their sins have been forgiven, giving them the assurance of eternal salvation.

As for this topic, and that of god, they are my personal opinions, and i am not providing them as proof. Additionally, my belief that the gods of the three Abrahamic religions are one in the same, is my belief only, and i never said otherwise. And while we are on the topic, the debate is still very much disputed. Just because you enjoy using sources which propagate your biased perspectives, doesn't mean that your beliefs are the truth.

Here are some excerpts which may be of interest to you.

So do Christians Muslims, and Jews, really all worship the same God?

In two major volumes on the subject recently published by scholars from various faiths and traditions, including Volf’s, the most inclusive response from these scholars is basically: Yes, and it’s our God.

This is not a new way of answering the question.

In 1076, Pope Gregory VII wrote this to a Muslim leader: “We believe in and confess one God, admittedly, in a different way…”

Pope John Paul II drew from the same rhetorical well several times.

“We believe in the same God, the one God, the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection,” he first said in a speech to Muslims in Morocco in 1985.

Looking for a more recent example? Consider the plight of Vatican envoy to Malaysia.

Shortly after he arrived there last year, Archbishop Joseph Marino said that is was fine by him that Christian translations of the Bible into Malay use the word “Allah” for “God.”

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

The fact of the matter is this: fearful people bent on domination have created the contest for supremacy between Yahweh, the God of the Bible, and Allah, the God of the Quran. The two are one God, albeit differently understood. Arab Christians have for centuries worshiped God under the name "Allah." Most Christians through the centuries, saints and teachers of undisputed orthodoxy, have believed that Muslims worship the same God as they do. They did so even in times of Muslim cultural ascendency and military conquests, when they represented a grave threat to Christianity in the whole of Europe.

After the fall of Constantinople (1453), the city named after the first Christian emperor and a seat of Christendom for more than 1,000 years, Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa, a towering intellect and an experienced church diplomat, affirmed unambiguously that Muslims and Christians worship the same God, albeit partly differently understood. Significantly, in response to the fall of Constantinople and the Muslim threat, Nicholas of Cusa advocated "conversation" rather than "crusade," a strategy pursued doggedly though unsuccessfully by his friend, Pope Pius II. For Nicholas believed that war could never solve the issue between Christendom and Islam.

We live in a different world than Nicholas and Pius II did, but our options are roughly the same. We should resolutely follow Nicholas. The terrorists must be stopped. As to the 1.6 billion Muslims, with them we must build a common future, one based on equal dignity of each person, economic opportunity and justice for all and freedom to govern common affairs through democratic institutions. Muslims and Christians have a set of shared fundamental values that can guide such a vision partly because they have a common God.

Whether Muslims and Christians worship the same God is also the driving question for the relation between these two religions globally. Does the one God of Islam stand in contrast to the three-personal God of Christianity? Does the Muslim God issue fierce, unbending laws and demand submission, whereas the Christian God stands for love, equal dignity and the right of every individual to be different? Answer these questions the one way, and you have a justification for cultural and military wars. Answer them the other way, and you have a foundation for a shared future marked by peace rather than violence.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

You and your source may believe that the Christian and Islamic gods are not the same, but scholars and Vatican personnel disagree with you.

My little post produced that giant wall of text???
Win.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

My little post produced that giant wall of text???
Win.

Well, we find ourselves in this position again, where you have failed to provide a substantial rebuttal. This only comes because 1 - you constantly push biased sources, and 2 - you fail to read from a broader range of material. You need to start looking at the bigger picture.

Oh, and to combat that snarky remark:

Checkmate.

Better luck next time.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The only missile Hamas has are home made fireworks in effect from what i have seen and i don't even think they are fireing many and our press just keeps saying they are to keep up the lie about a war that is more than a little one sided to say the least.

Where are youtube clips of hundreds of these so called rockets being intercepted by Iron Doom or is it not worth intercepting paper rockets that do little more then make a loud bang.

No these rockets are so useless that the IDF have even been observed shooting them themselves and it seems to take about 5,000 of them to kill just one person which is about the same results you would get from the fireworks used at the end of olympic games.

An act of God and the act of false flags must not be confused and if God is on the side of those that are commiting mass murder in Gaza then i say they are praying to the devil.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
The only missile Hamas has are home made fireworks in effect from what i have seen and i don't even think they are fireing many and our press just keeps saying they are to keep up the lie about a war that is more than a little one sided to say the least.

Where are youtube clips of hundreds of these so called rockets being intercepted by Iron Doom or is it not worth intercepting paper rockets that do little more then make a loud bang.

No these rockets are so useless that the IDF have even been observed shooting them themselves and it seems to take about 5,000 of them to kill just one person which is about the same results you would get from the fireworks used at the end of olympic games.

An act of God and the act of false flags must not be confused and if God is on the side of those that are commiting mass murder in Gaza then i say they are praying to the devil.

Pure propaganda and getting old. Read the whole thread. Fireworks don't travel 50 miles, and hold 20kg of high explosives.

There are 3 reasons not many die, from rocket attacks 1. Iron Dome 2. Air raid sirens 3.protected shelters. They even have protected buildings for citizens walking the streets.

There are 3 reasons many Hamas/Palestinians die. 1. Israel has targeting systems that fire at the point of rocket origination to get the people shooting 2. Hamas uses citizens as shields. 3. Hamas stores rockets in homes, hospitals, and schools, and the UN has found them for proof.

You can choose to ignore this or not, but stop with the propaganda. They aren't fireworks or bottle rockets, and aren't build with parts from the local hardware store. If they could build rockets like this from Home Depot Al qaeda would have come in with the illegals and emptied the shelves at Home Depot and fired them all over the US.

The answer is still the same "Don't shoot the rockets and don't get your ass kicked". It's not anymore difficult than that. Save the stolen land speech, they will never get the land back. So the alternative is to die shooting rockets. You don't have to like it, bitching isn't go to change anything but digital storage at ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
God turned his back on the middle east centuries ago.

What has been done in the ME since then has never been in the name of 'ALLAH'.

It has been in the name of 'men' hell bent on killing.

My God weaps for them.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I remember American evangelists say there is a divine dome over Israel which God protects Israel by that !
They do not mean the Iron dome !! do they !!!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'd just like to make it clear that due to the Hamas rockets it is likely that a comparable or possibly higher amount of Palestinians have been killed than Israelis even before the iron dome defence system was introduced.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

I'm of the theory that this "unnamed terrorist" was sarcastically commenting about the Iron Dome...

In fact I'm more of the theory this has been made up!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Not really that powerful a God considering he only makes them miss. If he really wants to impress he should make them disappear, or better yet bring about a peaceful end to this mess!

Omnipotent my left arse cheek!
LoL

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Every time I read about the Iron Dome, I remember a particular hoaxbinned thread and start giggling. I bet I'm not the only one.

Look, nobody ever said any of this. It makes no sense at all. Muslims don't even believe in intercessionary miracles. Asking for the impossible or what goes against natural order is forbidden. If this is even based on any real incident, I'm in the "he was being idiomatic or sarcastic" camp. But it's obvious propaganda, a fairy tale meant to imply that Palestinians are cowardly, primitive, and weak. You tell me who exactly would take this story to a reporter. One of the witnesses, hardly. So...everyone's little jokes, which are in good fun and all, aside, it's not just false, it's a dangerous lie.

To be clear, Muslims of course believe God does whatever God wants. But, um, it's another faith who are the ones with a model where magic sky hands are forever personally launching footballs through goalposts and whatnot. A Muslim can't even ask for personal gain without the sincere and articulated intent to use it for the benefit of others -- if we ask for riches, we must want them in order to support our families and give to charity, or create jobs and infrastructure, or other loving deeds.

None of this is remotely controversial or unclear, by the way. Far from being literalists, in order to make Holy Qu'ran say anything like what the lunatics claim takes a revisionism so complete it is highly offensive to a billion Muslims. It's just a lot of those brothers and sisters are currently sitting with a lunatic's sword over them and would very much like to speak up, but know it would be rather hard to talk without their heads attached to their bodies.
edit on 25-7-2014 by sepermeru because: edit button says I look good in this

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I dont believe the story for a heartbeat..pure propaganda imho.
Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There's a difference between a terrorist being directly quoted as saying something, and someone else saying that a terrorist said something. If this isn't propaganda I don't know what is!

No, Hamas has not admitted that the God of the Jews is diverting rockets

The author is a certain Barbara Ordman, originally from Manchester. She does not appear to be a journalist, and the source for her supposed – and inherently unlikely – quote from Gaza is not given. It seems that the actual source (H/T Failed Messiah) is an opinion piece by a certain Chaim Cohen, writing last week on a Haredi news-site called Kikar HaShabbat. His column is in Hebrew, but Google Translate shows that the headline was something like “It’s not the Iron Dome, it’s God”. According to the author (via Google Translate, tidied up): In a surprising interview with a Hamas representative on the global network CNN, the obvious question was asked: “After all, you claim that you have the best and most accurate missiles, so how can you then can not hurt almost anywhere in Israel?” The Hamas representative quickly replied: “Our missiles are accurate and good, but the Name [i.e. God] of the Jews diverts eighty percent of the rockets we launch into uninhabited areas, and the remaining twenty percent are intercepted by the Iron Dome”.

Alas, comments by readers after the piece point out that no such CNN interview exists.

edit on 25-7-2014 by twfau because: added a bit more of the article

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join