It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The passing of family member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
*accidently clicked enter text coming
edit on 22-7-2014 by WhiteWine because: (no reason given)

So my 7 year old dog Mousse (Chocolate Lab) might be dying. She's always had alot of health issues, mostly allergies and also psychological pregnancy, which I'm not even sure how it works but she thinks she's pregnant so her breasts start giving milk out, very weird, and today my mother was checking her body and found lumps all over it, in her back, in her tail, in her breasts, etc..
This has killed me a bit inside.
I had already acknowledged that she was nearing the end of her life, maybe had a couple years left, but not this soon, not yet.. as I said before, she's always had problems, and wasn't very healthy, we adopted her at 3 months and she had not been vaccinated yet, since we took her she's always been sick, but we didn't care, we kept her and tried to cure her and help her, but we were financially struggling, vets are expensive, and she had tons of problems that would cost loads of money, we did not have.. giving her back or sending her to a shelter was not an option. Best choice we made
She's special, very special, in her own way. But she has great dog qualities
When we were sad she always lays next to us.
Always greets us happily and with love to give.
Was never agressive.
She has the sweetest temperament.
I love her very much, just as she loves me and the rest of my family.
I can't imagine all these years she spent beside us are coming to an end, I can't really imagine the silence, just that thought makes me break down in tears..
Somehow I feel like I neglected her, when we got her I was just 12 and I didn't really run with her or exercise with her, I could have done much more to maybe prolong her lifetime.
I'm not even sure she's really in a life threatning situation, but it seems like it is with all the lumps and infections she currently has, fleas also, and looking at her itch, and the conjunctivitis in her eyes, it makes me so sad, and wish that I could just cure her.
I gave her all the loving I could and all the petting, but now I'm going to try to give even more.

Anyways, she was my first pet and I'm having a bit of trouble coping with the thought that she could die very soon.
I really hope it's nothing..

That is her, beautiful.

Cheers ATS

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
White wine, you have given your love to your pet and sometimes that is all we can do. I sympathize with you being unable to afford vet bills even for the simplest of visits sometimes that is just they way it is, I've been there when there just isn't money available.

I don't want to give you false hopes but maybe the lumps are wens which are fatty deposits that are lumps beneath the skin, dogs and people get them and they are nothing to worry about if that is what they are. But anyways, I'm so sorry for your pain but please stop beating yourself up with could haves and should haves.

Try Googling medical pet assistance in your area maybe there is something available to help you. Good Luck to you and your Lab.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hope its not serious and just cysts of some sort or another. Being a dog lover I feel for you. Hope everything turns out ok for you and the dog.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What a beautiful girl.
Hoping for the best for your girl as I fully understand this topic.
When she does pass, and she will because it is our curse to live much longer than our good buddies.
Please observe this..

When my last puppy passed I did this and even gave the new guy his name also, Rocko!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWine
Dear Whitewine - call a pharmacist and ask if you can use Polysporin eye drops (medicated). I'm pretty sure you can. This will help her with the eye infection.

I have a rabbit that is prone to fatty lumps on his body. Completely harmless. Are the lumps soft and moveable? This would indicate that they are harmless.

Fleas - get some tea tree oil and with just a little dab just dab items around the house, i.e.: on her blanket/bed/anywhere he hangs.

There are also herbal and food type ingredients you can add to help eliminate the fleas/help with condition of her coat.

I think you are in a mode where you are seeing her age and looking back on what you haven't done for her. Many of us who have beloved pets can end up dwelling on the day that will eventually come when they will pass on. Don't do this to yourself. Or to her. She lives in the moment and loves you as you are. If you love her with all your heart and attend to her needs then isn't that all she wants? She just wants to love you unconditionally and wants you to love her back. So live in the now. I'm sure she is absolutely fine.

Perhaps there is a vet school nearby or even a retired vet and they could give you some tips. I've seen ads on Kijiji of such people offering their services free, or at a reduced rate, in order to keep their licence, get their hours/practice for their job. You can put an ad on Kijiji for nothing.

All the best.

P.S. She is beautiful and looks very healthy. I can tell she is dearly loved.
edit on 22/7/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I am so sorry you are facing this. She is a beautiful girl! The time may come when you may have to put her to sleep and let her go in peace. I have had to do that so many times through the years with my beloved pets. It is heart wrenching, but we need to do what is best for them. Your dog knows how much she is loved and I am sure she is ever so grateful for all the years of love and joy you have spent together. Whatever you decide, I wish you well. HUGS!!!!

new topics

top topics

join