It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feds: as many as 75 percent of police stops in New Jersey's largest city were not legally justified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow A justice department report has found that as many as 75% of the police stops in Newark were not justified.

Investigators also said that 20% of all arrests where force was used it was unreasonable force.

The justice department also found they under-reported their confrontations with citizens or inaccurately documented those incidents, and property theft within the department.

I hope they investigate every department in the country. 75% of all stops were unjustified I cant wait to hear people defend that.

link

The Newark Police will be put under a monitor, the Justice Department announced Tuesday as it issued a report alleging that as many as 75 percent of police stops in New Jersey's largest city were not legally justified.

Investigators also found use of force by Newark police officers was unreasonable in about 20 percent of all arrests where force was used.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well it is not shocking. In parts of the country such as New Jersey. One is pretty much subjected to being openly stopped at any time based on the color of their skin and that is just A okay to them over there.

They even have those wonderful 'Stop and Frisk' policies for people over there. What a cesspool of control the northeast has become.

Sadly, it is only spreading.
edit on 22-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Well it is not shocking. In parts of the country such as New Jersey. One is pretty much subjected to being openly stopped at any time based on the color of their skin and that is just A okay to them over there.

They even have those wonderful 'Stop and Frisk' policies for people over there. What a cesspool of control the northeast has become.

Sadly, it is only spreading.

I think it is in a lot more parts of the country then the Northeast.
edit on 22-7-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Also not just Newark Paterson Passaic Trenton Camdon ect. I know i was born and raised in Paterson dated Puerto Rican/spanish women from Newark so i seen it. and being white in a mostly black and Spanish town i had more then my run ins with cops who break the law especially because i would be in areas with high drug sales but not every white boy was coping drugs ect..They usually leave me alone when they seen i live there but not always.And yes police brutality is alive and well..Been going on before Rodney king put a spot light on it....Oh and the richer white towns like Wayne the police are worse especially being from a inner city
edit on 22-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Ya sure, it takes the DOJ to establish that fact .. they could have just listened to the people in the first place!
You know .. the people they are sworn to protect in the first place!
The DOJ is a joke .. for all it's findings .. nothing will be done about the door knob IQ pigs that go around murdering and terrorizing ordinary citizens ..
When they start throwing those trigger happy abusive PIGS behind bars for a very very long time ..that will be the day the DOJ will mean something ..

new topics

top topics

join