It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What race am I?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Can you guess? Can you tell from what I say?
I do believe there is so much you can gather from words. Is someone well spoken? Are they eloquent? Does their speech flow?
When someone talks , do you listen? Do you hear nouns, proverbs, adjectives ? What is it in speech that gives someones race, identity, or location away?
When you talk to someone online, what is it that draws you, or makes you assume something about someone?

I'm forever curious about language.
edit on 22-7-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Human.. same as everyone else on this rock ..
Can tell by peoples grammar and slang usage where theyre from .. even in languages other than english..
edit on 22/7/14 by Expat888 because: hit send too soon..

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Very good observation.

I just want to say I do judge people. Not because of their race but because of their ability to grasp basic English.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13

Dude, I don't even know what sex you are let alone anything else.

This is the interweb, HTFU.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

with decent sized samples of your writing an recordings of your coversations - accademics can make very accurate assesments of :

your age

level of education

the location[s] you spent significant portions of your life

and to a lesser extent - your carreer [ some job paths are easier to spot than others just from the way you speak / write ]

but ethnicity ? NO - they can tell the culture you grew up / live in - but not your ethinicity .

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm not so sure about that. It would take a poet to convey in writing, what I can gather in a minute from a voice, or body language. I know all about statistics ...but what about stereotypes?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

We all come from the same mother
We are all human

You might find this interesting:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Have you the ability to grasp basic Maori language or Bahasa, cos if you don't I might judge you.a reply to: rockintitz

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Well, I cannot tell. It is difficult to say which member of the orchid family you are, given your screen name. I would need to see more of your leaves, and the shape of the petals when you flower, to determine such a thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You are in what s known as the RAT RACE and as much as you try to get out of it the deeper you sink.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm not 100% on this yet, but, I think you're a frog who's learned to use a PC. I'm fairly certain I heard a croak or two. Either way, none of that matters as long as you don't spell 'loser' as 'looser'.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You are Homo Sapiens Sapiens.....just like the rest of us (like others have already pointed out).

I don't think we can tell ethnicity by people's writing, but we can usually tell how well or bad mannered they are.

But......a wild guess tells me you are female late 20s to mid 30s.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

1) Human
2) NASCAR
3) Human

(but I'd stick with NASCAR)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting experiment. Psychic in a way, because you say so little about yourself.
You sound somewhat educated, I'd say more like a woman than a man. The choice of violet/lila may point to Hawaiian, African, Hispanic or NA, or Indian from India, but white people with esoteric sensitivites also like it. Asians rarely. But that's just my generalization. So basically I'd say there's not much of a basis for guessing - if I heard you, the accent may be more revealing. Again, some folks are characterized differently from common experience - like Iranians, Armenians. Israelios and Arabs look similar sometimes but one is considered white the other not...

Is race important to you? Could be if you're asking this.

What is my race and gender? Education level? From what I wrote here? Can you guess?

What are your favorite foods, drinks, pastimes? Books?
You can either give us more, or decide to call it a psychic experiment.
Links to posts you have written?
Or turn up your cards after a few guesses based on this small sample of text and say.
I'd say on the bases of written texts, the language of

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"Can you guess? Can you tell from what I say?"
I can certainly guess, and I believe that I can tell from you say.
There is a thin line between race and culture, and I believe that what distinguishes us from others
often reveals the majesty of humanity.
Be it a resplendent crimson rose, or a lovely pale orchid,
we become so much more together.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Dear beezzer, Hello again. Speaking of NASCAR, I have family in Bristol, Tenn. and I would be quite pleased to see you at the racetrack!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje
I have never met a frog that spelled "loser" as "looser". The frogs that I have known have been "looser", but who am I to call them a "loser"? You should hear what the call me!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
Dear yourself as well,

"Dude, I don't even know what sex you are let alone anything else."

This is the interweb, HTFU."

I'm too lazy to Google HTFU, but let's assume that pale orchid is very sex.

How could a pale orchid not be very sex?

edit on 22-7-2014 by Diderot because: yada yada

edit on 22-7-2014 by Diderot because: yada yada squared

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

"I just want to say I do judge people. Not because of their race but because of their ability to grasp basic English."

Whoa! Let's back this train up! I would agree 100% if you would replace the word "English" with "humanity". It is such a burden for us Americans to have to deal with foreigners who are uncivilized. That's why we shout in English when they don't seem to understand us. What's their problem?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just checked another ATS thread about discovering... some lost family roots.
Hope I'm discreet...

top topics

join