It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spotless Sun Baffles the Scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
a reply to: Ross 54

at Earth's (and Moon's) distance from the Sun should be around 400.

Thanks Ross. 400 for UV B. And what about the real nasty stuff that doesn't get through our atmosphere at all?
Surely there will have to be some serious safety concerns with visiting Mars, and definitely the Moon, developing cataracts a long way from home, or suffering arc-eye, would be very bad. Eagle Eyes Optics developed their glasses from NASA science it seems, just E-Mailed them to ask about UV C protection.

UV C is inherently more energetic than UV B (frequency proportional to energy) but there is less of it in the free space solar spectrum. The designation UV C covers a much wider bandwidth though, so the total energy is greater. All things considered, UV C should contain about 6 and 3/4 times more energy than UVB, and besides that be more penetrative of the human body, since it has a shorter wavelength.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Bilk22

See here....
www.windows2universe.org...

So these "observers" simply looked at the sun with unprotected, naked eyes and counted sun spots? Really?
They could see sun spots when the sun was on the opposite side of the earth? Really? How did they know about sun spots to begin with? Are these the same people that thought the Earth was the center of the universe and the world was flat? Really?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
finally I found it in the oficial website, they forgot it...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

they posted movies, but they are fake, because you clearly see active spots and also a sun storm!.. so its fake.. but after some searching... vuala

here is a whole thing sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can see it here to leaving sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

But we also have to consider their 4th scenario.. If they cant develop their plans to control (ww3 and mid east take over), if they dont have much time.. They will try force humans unite under an alien coop or invasion or appearance... for example "aliens want to help us" or "aliens will invade us", be able to force their fake 1 world order. So it also may be a false flag. Either ways, these scums time is over.

Trust me, these scums when the good ones come, they wont have time even for an announcement.

The reason that its probably a false flag, is the size of it. A ufo object of that size, could unbalance the entire solar system. It looks 100 times bigger than earth. Only if its ultra dimensional and again, not certain about it.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

This was taken by a friend on 5/7/2014, seems quite active, so it must have calmed down a lot over the last two weeks.

...aaand this was taken by me, on 17/7/2014, no spots visible.

I've been watching the sun for some time now, imagine my face when the news hit me through telescope (Meade LXD-75)

It was something like:

edit on 22-7-2014 by menneni because: screaming internally

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think less sunspots means less overall heat and solar activity, but when the solar events do happen they tend to be more severe.

Really, if I stopped having to use my air conditioner all summer, it wouldn't all be a bad thing. Of course, that might be counter balanced by the extra time my heat might be on in the winter ...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

haaa .. if only your air conditioning were the only aspect to be concerned about ...

i think the biggest concern .. is the complete unknown of it all ...

and i reckon nasa's biggest worry, is prob the fact that most of the public look to them for answers, and they mainly have only unanswered questions at this point ..

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just posted this on the other thread about same thing, sorry for dubbel-post for anyone whos concerned. I just want to share some picture-love!

Our sun 15 minutes ago:

And those beautiful noctilucent clouds from last night

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: menneni

Thank you for sharing this update ! You take great pictures.

Where's all the sunspots I wonder. I read in my science book that Sol is middle-aged so, if that be true, I can't see why it would be dying unless it has some kind of disease or it's being killed ? That could explain the lack of sunspots, maybe. One would think something like that would show a gradual decrease in sunspot activity.

OR maybe something is sucking the sunflares into another dimension, on the other side of the sun ? Hmmm my imagination is getting wilder by the day. lol

Antonia

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Antoniastar

Thank you!

About the sunspots, well in fact those spots were gradually seen less and less for last year or so. Personally i've been waiting for the day when the sunspot number hits Zero, like it did on the 17th.

I guess we're up for a real climate change now for next couple decades or so.

It is kinda funny that there has been very little of news about our sun's behavior on MSM, since the last spotless year was 2011. Maybe "they" don't know what to say.

I always thought that MSM likes to induce panic.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: menneni
Maybe "they" don't know what to say.

Unless it's a panic about something 'real' perhaps ?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
I find this subject interesting because it is an event that you don't hear about too often. Why does the sun take certain intermissions like this? Why don't we see this on a more frequent occurrence?

I am not a true expert on this matter...but my questions to this event are:

Do sun spots block excess heat coming to Earth?

If so...then will a spotless sun increase the average temperatures on Earth?

Light yes.

Heat no.

Heat is a measure of kinetic energy. Sunspots occur when energy is released from the Sun's surface (solar wind electrons). Increase of sunspots actually means a greater number of electron streams are released out from the Sun's surface in the form of "solar wind". This "cools" the sun's surface where the electron stream originated, thus appearing black/dark or like a "hole/spot".

The "luminosity" (brightness) of the sun is increased with no "spots" present. But energy/heat/kinetic force is held inside the sun while is such a state. The release of this energy/heat/kinetic force out from the sun in the form of increased numbers of spots would increase heat inside Earth's magnetosphere.

More spots = cooler sun's surface = warmer Earth's magnetosphere.
Less spots = warmer sun's surface = cooler Earth's magnetosphere.

Transfer of energy; Law of thermodynamics.

God Bless,

In sweden weve never had any "Heatwarnings"
Heck, it wasnt untill LAST year they even put
the system up for warnings...Now, today, they
issue the first warnings..."If temperatures are
30c or above for more than 3 days"....In the
shade......

So what are you doing...
What should i belive?!?
You?!?
Or myself...Its seriously hot
today.....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would say that this is the "normal" face of the Sun. Sunspots, as far as I'm aware, are caused by twisting and looping magnetic field lines, which take away the Sun's energy, causing those areas to be colder than the rest of the Sun's surface. When those twists and loops get stretched to their limit and snap, we get CMEs and solar storms. So this is the face of a calm Sun, like a calm sea.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
In 2011 and 13 some were suspecting a Maunder Minimum. If the sun continues to be quiet our weather will either support or refute this theory once and for all. Concerning is that sunspot activity wasn't this small before the last cold spell. Based on last winters shocking cold in some places (dangerously cold), it is concerning. I think they need to reinforce our power grid just in case.

Another word of caution came from Hathaway, who notes that the Maunder Minimum might have been a catastrophic event rather than a gradual trend. “Many of my colleagues are poring over historical records to find out . . . what did lead up to the Maunder Minimum?” he says. “New observations suggestion that the cycle before the Maunder Minimum wasn’t particularly small.” Regardless of what’s causing the Sun’s strange behavior, Hathaway and Penn, who are both in the solar prediction business, anticipate that Cycle 25, expected to peak in 2024, will be the weakest yet. - See more at: www.skyandtelescope.com...

www.skyandtelescope.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Good post.

I don't know if this years weather is related to sunspots or not, but what i find interesting is that in Finland, we had

1) coldest June in decades (actually in december we had higher temp peaks than in June, 6 to 8 celcius compared to -1 in june)

2) Also now in July, days high temps hit 30 - 35 celcius, but night temps are dropping drastically as low as 11 celcius. As i type this, time is half past eleven and temperature is 16 celcius, dropping FAST.

for my entertainment, i keep logging the weather, bought a weather station just for the cause

edit on 07America/Chicago77America/Chicago729 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
ElohimJD:

More spots = cooler sun's surface = warmer Earth's magnetosphere. Less spots = warmer sun's surface = cooler Earth's magnetosphere.

By no means am I doubting you, but this seems counter-intuitive.

Sun spots on the surface of the sun are the places where magnetic loops connect to the surface. The magnetic loops are very much like the bubbles of a boiling pan of water. They move from the heat source up through the water and burst at the surface. This action is seen on the sun's surface. Convected currents from deep inside drive heat from the sun's core to its surface where they burst forth (like bubbles) and expand under magnetic control and finally burst if the energy causing the inflation is great enough, leading to a solar flare.

To me, sunspots would indicate a period of high energy convection from the core, and thus a period of no sun spots would indicate a lessened convection phase, pertaining to less activity at the core. Everything about the sun, its heat and radiation is determined by the mechanics occurring at its core. We can say that the sun is in a simmering phase at the moment due to the absence of spots, or the small number of them. Yet, as if someone has turned the gas up on our pan of water, the sun could go into a 'boiling' phase, the period when spots occur.

The counter-intuition comes in, when there are no spots, because spots indicate high levels of magnetic energy, which loop back to the surface, returning heat and radiation, thus the sun's surface should actually be hotter than when there are no spots, because when there are no spots, there are no magnetic loops returning heat and radiation back to the surface. If any thing, the solar wind should be warmer and heat the solar system up a little more. Here on our planet we would notice this as global warming and disrupted climate systems. Of course, the earth's own mechanics in dealing with the extra heat would circulate it around the globe via the winds, radiating out from the 'doldrums' to the poles. The jet stream will waver about chaotically and dump warm and cold air in pockets around the planet.

Funny old thing is the sun.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

In North America (western half) I've seen seasons changing in that winter starts before the leaves have fallen so the threes haven't gotten the cue to shed in time to avoid the weight of the snow. This has happened a few winters in a row but was the worst in 2011 I think. June was more like spring and July is like the beginning of summer with extreme heat. Having said that July also feels a lot like September this past couple days. Exactly like a fall day. I know these variations happen (bipolar weather), but I'm not used to a jacket mid July and the heater kicking on. I don't know what to think of it. Good your watching your temps. I'll keep reading your stuff to see what your findings are.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I thought we were approaching a Maunder Minimum?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Maybe they just buggered off round t'other side?

Just because the Earth facing side is acne free doesn't mean it's not hiding stuff from prying eyes....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: menneni
a reply to: Antoniastar

Thank you!

About the sunspots, well in fact those spots were gradually seen less and less for last year or so. Personally i've been waiting for the day when the sunspot number hits Zero, like it did on the 17th.

I guess we're up for a real climate change now for next couple decades or so.

It is kinda funny that there has been very little of news about our sun's behavior on MSM, since the last spotless year was 2011. Maybe "they" don't know what to say.

You're welcome !

Very interesting, I didn't realize that the sun hit zero sunspots nor did I know about the sun-spotless 2011.

Hey wouldn't it be awesome to be able to track sunspots on other suns in our galaxy ? I'll have to put a Hubble 'scope on my wishlist.

The MSM does what the MSM does best, to keep us distracted with anything-but in an endless stream of attention-wetters and temptations to keep us ignorant and void of creative thought.

Panic ? Sure as long as it's about what to wear to tomorrow night's dinner party or making it to the grocery store in time to get some rotisserie chicken from the deli.

Yes, we are in for real climate change. Throw extra weight overboard, baton the hatches and face the storm.

May the fairies be with you,

Antonia

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join