It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Noticed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Try it yourself and report back.
a reply to: hydeman11

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Nochzwei

I detect confirmation bias

That is after 4 years of repeatedly trying it, I'm afraid

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Howdy,

I have showered with solar heated water. Admittedly, not a man made shower...

The point is this, I fail to see any reason that solar heating would make you feel "better" than having any other method of heating.

You give a hypothesis that the light bounces around "infinitely" or for some prolonged time, which is silly, as we know some energy is being lost from your system. (Go ahead and touch the system. It is losing energy to the atmosphere in the form of heat...) And yet, even if it had, this would accomplish nothing more than heating the water.

As for reversing electron spin states, do you even know what you are talking about? Forgive me if I am incorrect, but I've always assumed spin states only applied to transition metal electrons in the d-orbitals...

Is it perhaps possible that you just desire for their to be an answer that doesn't exist? If someone satisfactorily refuted one of your hypotheses, would you just move on to a new one, or would you admit that you really have no grounds to be making an argument other than the "feeling" that something ought to be true?

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: pheonix358

Ah, but then you have warm plastic and water... which releases estrogenic compounds into the liquid... which might give one a sense of well being ... along with a huge rack.

I don't think there's a lot of plastic, if any, involved.

Most passive Solar water systems operate using black aluminium tubes, or glass vacuum tubes.

Aluminium is a very good heat conductor and the glass versions are similar to a thermos flask.

Many people build DIY versions of Solar heaters using discarded aluminium drinks cans reamed out top and bottom and connected one to the next in long tube fashion in parallel rows. Painted black, these absorb heat energy and transfer that heat to the home using a modest solar cell powered fan or pump.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes heat losses, which are quite natural, are accounted for and I did not use the word infinite.
We are talking of new physics here with analogue spin states, for which I do have a rather unsuccessful thread sometime back.
To add looks like only you know what you are talking about. Get over it for the progress of science.
a reply to: hydeman11

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Howdy,

Forgive me if I misunderstand you, but are you claiming to have discovered a new model of the physical world? To rephrase, you've discovered a new "physics" completely unknown to modern science?

Forgive me also my skepticism in this matter, but do you have any verifiable evidence that your model of "physics" works better than the modern physics used by academics and private sector workers (engineers and the like...

I agree, if your physics is better than modern physics, well, science does need to progress. I love it when science "corrects itself," which is one of the reasons I went to study science in the first place.

Regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18179699]hydeman11

Howdy,

I agree, if your physics is better than modern physics, well, science does need to progress. I love it when science "corrects itself," which is one of the reasons I went to study science in the first place.

Regards,
Hydeman

Nice to know that

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Just a thought, but could it be the water source. Forgive me if I didn't catch it, but most solar water systems are not fed by municipal water supplies. I would imagine bathing in spring, rain catchment, or well water would generally feel better than flouro/chloro etc. water.

It may be the same source in the case of the OP, but I am pretty sure the majority of solar water users would be using non-city water making any large-scale comparison difficult. It could be anything from minerals to oxygen levels to any number of uncontrolled parameters. Just chalk it up to "it feels better" and enjoy. Some things don't need much more thought even if there is an answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ive even tried different sources like ground water, municipal supply, both with the same effect. Yes to enjoy the feeling is good, I was just trying to pin it down, to whatever is responsible
a reply to: Halfswede

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It sounds to me like a placebo effect and I am not trying to be a jerk I promise

You may have had one unaccounted for yet still unrelated good experience that just HAPPENED to have solar heated water involved and now your brain connects solar heated water with good feelings when in fact any heated water is often going to make people feel well.

when in my old apartment that had a bath tub big enough to fit my 76 inch body, I would take a hot bath twice a week...felt AMAZING and it was not solar heated and it was municipal

It just feels like you want there to be a solid concrete answer where there probably isn't one

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero
Yes, and of course the way to rule out placebo effect is to do a double-blind study where multiple participants are asked to describe which of the water types make them feel better, where the participants and even the researchers working with the participants don't know the water type, which has been encoded with a code number by someone else.

After the participants answer the questions, then the codes are revealed to the researchers and they can see if there's any statistically significant results of certain types of water making people feel better.

The placebo effect is well documented so it's certainly a plausible explanation without a double blind study, which is what it would take to make this science...without such scientific research, this thread really isn't about science so it's not in the correct forum.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Lol. you haven't read thru the thread have you. I've had several experiences over a 4 year period.
Some known people have had similar experiences, but none of them inclined to science and tech
a reply to: KyoZero

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Alright hot shot, conduct this test and report back. I'll take a bet my results will be confirmed
a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

in order for us to replicate this test, we need an exact model you used. including, the devices. the control units, how long you bathed for how you measured your "feeling betterness" after each test.

we will also need to know your water source and pressure levels. lengths pf pipes used, temperature of the water,

science is not something you can make up. scientific evidence must meet certain conditions. you have jumped to conclusions without documenting any of your data. in fact your data is only anecdotal.

so I'm happy to come to a conclusion that it does have some kind of new or funky science to it, but to get there we have to go right back and start this all over again with quantified, repeatable tests that can be done by others to peer review the results.

then you can suggest free radical spin states in polycarbonate mesh enclosures.... if that data indicates that.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hey tingu.
Screw the test. Did you try this, as I have earlier suggested and I have reached my result from various water sources at different locations, different water sources, different designs, pipe lengths, bathing durations.
and the feeling is prevalent for 24 hours at least.
Don't teach me about science, ok.
a reply to: okamitengu

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I've never taken a solar heated bath, but have taken a swim in a solar heated pool. Never noticed any magical feelings or felt any different in water heated by a regular old water heater.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

I've never taken a solar heated bath, but have taken a swim in a solar heated pool. Never noticed any magical feelings or felt any different in water heated by a regular old water heater.

Lol. Then maybe I'm a vampire of sorts

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

None of these tests were blinded, ergo they are subject to a whole slew of cognitive biases. They are nothing more than anecdotes which, by themselves, are not evidence for the above reason.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Did not occur to me earlier, but made coffee from this water. Tastes a wee bit different/better and will need to try it consistently to note any health benefits

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Did not occur to me earlier, but made coffee from this water. Tastes a wee bit different/better and will need to try it consistently to note any health benefits
After trying this for 12 days, can say a consistent state of well being thru the entire 24 hrs.
Hope some medic researchers are on the ball with this science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join