It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman optimistic Obama will grant immigrants legal status

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

I dont see how that is suggesting that people do things they find morally wrong.
Just that he might do something that has happened many times in the past.
I don't agree that all the coyotes or that the only way to get out of there is thru the cartels either but that is prob a whole other thread if we want to go deeper into that.
Yes some do work for them, but not all.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: beezzer

Ok so your not going to start robbing banks for not paying taxes if obama does it. Good to know, wouldn't want to stoop to his level like you originally said you would.

But I would be just as right as Obama if I chose to do so.

If he can ignore the law at his discretion then so can I.

Unless he's somehow "better" than I am.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

But you already have that right, well right by your line of though, cause laws have been disregarded by previous presidents. It wouldn't just be obamas actions that justify it, it would be almost every single president's that did.
So I guess I don't get why he needs to do anything for you to turn outlaw, you have plenty of justification over the past 30 years. Seems like your line in the sand is able to be pushed back.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Disregarding Obama's involvement, forgiving Obama's involvement won't get you too far.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Disregarding the previous law breakers only proves that your original statement was nothing but sensationalism and you won't by any means stick to it.

ETA: this is all about your statement beezer, not sure why you keep equating this to me defending Obama for something he hasn't even done yet.

edit on stMon, 21 Jul 2014 00:41:06 -0500America/Chicago720140680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
They are now releasing all pregnant women, even if they just say that they are pregnant!
More anchor babies and freebies.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

America, a nation of immigrants who hate the newest ILLEGAL immigrants.
There I fixed it for you. I do not understand how some folks keep forgetting the ILLEGAL part of ILLEGAL immigrant. Most Americans have not got a problem with legal immigration by folks who want to be citizens and fit in.

edit on 7-22-2014 by groingrinder because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
They are now releasing all pregnant women, even if they just say that they are pregnant!
More anchor babies and freebies.

Really making the rounds with your baseless claim from info wars aren't you. Just make the damn thread already if you really want to get the word out.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

LOL, yeah I did post this in the other illegal threads. I Just didn't know which one to post it in so I kept going. I didn't want to make a thread because there are so many already.

And you know as well as the rest of us that they will allow as many as possible to stay.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No I don't know that, I know that there are still people getting deported.
You didn't want to make the thread cause you know a no name source from info wars is Jones pulling one out of his butt. If anything this is one agent that is taking what she heard in muster completely out of context.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

originally posted by: Cuervo

America, a nation of immigrants who hate the newest ILLEGAL immigrants.
There I fixed it for you. I do not understand how some folks keep forgetting the ILLEGAL part of ILLEGAL immigrant. Most Americans have not got a problem with legal immigration by folks who want to be citizens and fit in.

Yeah, because subjugation, genocide, and small pox has "legal" just all over it. If amnesty were given and the borders were opened to anybody and everybody with or without paperwork (just a hypothetical here), then would you still complain? You couldn't use the "legal" argument but I doubt that would stop you from complaining.

People have been protesting every wave of immigration that's happened in this nation, starting with the native populations. The natives protested the English coming over, the English protested the Chinese, they all protested the Irish, etc, etc.

It's like a tradition to hate the newest ones. A long, stupid tradition.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No I don't know that, I know that there are still people getting deported.
You didn't want to make the thread cause you know a no name source from info wars is Jones pulling one out of his butt. If anything this is one agent that is taking what she heard in muster completely out of context.

Since it will take years to process all these illegals, their babies will be born and considered an American. The parents will reap the benefits of that with cheap or free housing, food and medical. And most illegals don't show up for their hearings and will be amongst society somewhere. Wait and see.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Not denying that coming across prego in the hopes of having the baby on this side of the border is not a trick. Watched it happen first hand on a ride along once. Old man was in the Border Patrol and I thought about joining way back when. The way he explained it to me was if they found out they were prego they would speed along the process. Not sure where you get your info that it takes years to process one person, but that is far from the truth.
And those that don't show up for their hearings can not then go get social services, in fact many social services will not give to non citizens and they do check, I hope you realize that.
But keep regurgitating that they are getting free, which i would love a source of free housing, food and medical.
They get a warrant and they know it. Why would they go put their names out on paper?
Come back with your ID fraud defense, cause of course that is what every singe one of them do

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"America Is a nation of Immigrants!" -Every ignorant spineless pro-illegal American ever.

I thought I should address this. That statement is an outright lie. Not just false or misleading, but a lie. Most here did not immigrate. Our nation was founded by settlers, soldiers, and conquerors. The people who moved after were ALSO settlers, soldiers, and conquerors all the way up till about mid 1900s. We are a nation that accepts LEGAL immigrants that integrate into our society.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Szarekh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarekh

So if we just lie about our country's history and change what we want to define as an immigrant that makes sense

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I could be wrong, but aren't executive orders only good during the current administration?

What would stop the next President (a Republican if Obama did this) from just saying " nope, that one is void"?

My mind always said that's one of the reasons they push so hard for "reform" so that the laws are actually changed rather than just an Imperial decree.

but that's the beauty of it. by legalizing all of them he would create a huge number of democratic supporters to vote for his successor, instead of the evil republicans who might want to try to overturn it. way to increase party loyalty, not only "we let you in vote for us", but "if you don't vote for us you could get kicked back out". rather ingenious ploy.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Not sure where you get your info that it takes years to process one person, but that is far from the truth.

With the onslaught of the latest illegals coming through, they are saying it could take years to process such numbers.

Any illegal woman who has her child here can get benefits. She may be illegal but the child is considered an American and is entitled to benefits. The illegal Mother reaps the benefits of the cheap housing, free medical for the kids and food.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The way they are coming here is against the law. So just sending them all over the country is or should be against the law as well. And like I said, when the crime rate goes up in the areas they are going who will be blamed for that? Who will take responsibility for that?

Cause this is the first time that amneyst has been giving right beezer?
Shouldn't you have had this attitude since the 80's when the first one was given?

So that makes ignoring the law okay?

Because it was done before?

I stand by my statement.

If it is okay to break the law, then it should be okay across the board.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

If amnesty were given and the borders were opened to anybody and everybody with or without paperwork (just a hypothetical here), then would you still complain? You couldn't use the "legal" argument but I doubt that would stop you from complaining.

Though this wasn't directed to me personally, I would like to give an answer to this. We have limits on how many legal immigrants we take in every year. To have un-limited numbers coming through on a daily basis would not be feasible.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Once again you fail to understand the difference between legal and illegal. I have no problem with anyone who comes here legally. But when people sneak in by the MILLIONS they are not being screened for crime and disease or gang affiliations or terrorist affiliations.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join