It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.50-Caliber Gunfire! ... ( Border Patrol scrambling )

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
a reply to: txinfidel

IM just wondering because Im not to sure but is this the first time gunfire from Mexico was aimed toward America?

No, A Mexico police helicopter flew into the United States the state of Arizona and fired on police/border patrol there before heading back into Mexico.

The Mexican authorities had no idea, and just issued an apology for the event but nothing else occured.

Sources:

lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

foxnewsinsider.com...

now that would be technically an act of war?

but nope it was covered up, only mentioned briefly in main stream for a day maybe even an hour then never mentioned again.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel
Firing rounds across the border is an act of war against the United States.

That's what I came to say!!!

First the Mexican heli coming into American territory and firing, then this. I think the US military should get to the border and guard the US. If not, then WTF are they for?? Just for fighting wars for Israel?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

we have Uncle Sam to thank for helping to arm the cartel that controls most of the border.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No it is not the first time bullets have crossed the border. A whole school in Brownsville had to shelter in place due to gunfire and stray bullets a couple of years ago.

On the other side of the coin the U.S. DEA and CIA is very imbedded in the situation with some good guys and some turn coat low life's. Even border Sherriff's get busted... and Consulate workers are being used as mules.
www.borderlandbeat.com...

With a street value of more than $2.7 million, the bust was a significant haul for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement division of the Department of Homeland Security. The arrest of Moreno — a low-level, consulate employee — highlights how deeply entrenched the drug cartels have become on both sides of the border.

Moreno, whose job at the consulate involved working with Mexican nationals involved in the U.S. criminal justice system, would later tell investigators “he was being paid $4,000 for the delivery,” which was his second that week

www.borderlandbeat.com...

A Chihuahua state police officer named Jorge Alberto Salcido, whose wife was a Mexican citizen employed by the consulate, left the party with his children, ages 4 and 7. One team of gunmen went after Salcido. He was shot to death; his children survived.

At about the same time, U.S. consulate employee Lesley Ann Enriquez and her husband, Arthur Redelfs, a detention officer at the El Paso County jail, were murdered.

Now documents show the motive for the killings was the Juárez cartel's belief that the United States was actively helping their enemies in the Sinaloa Federation by issuing visas to Sinaloa members in exchange for intelligence on the Juárez cartel.

The evidence suggests the consulate killings were part of a tapestry of events that some people believe is traceable to U.S. law enforcement's decision to work with one set of criminals in
Juárez at the expense of another

Visa trade for information
www.thedailybeast.com...

I do know when the Zetas were shot and decimated in Matamoros several years ago 4 of the survivors crossed the border with their U.S. passports and supposedly ended up in Houston.

This is big big business folks and the tendrils of the drug operations stretch to every major city in the USA. No Hype

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here's a video from the border (Mexico side I believe). This was from 2010.

Stuff like this has been going on for nearly a decade now. Nothing has changed. The government of Mexico is all messed up. Some hate the cartels, some partner with them....it's just a complete mess. The government cant even control its own military or police. (Isnt the "Zeta" cartel all made up of former Mexican military soldiers?) I've lost track of how many different cartels have popped up over the past couple years, how many police forces disbanded/or joined the cartels, how many times bullets have been shot across our border, etc.....

The only thing that really talks down there, is money. I believe the saying is "Silver or lead"....not much explanation required for that.

*not fully related....but I do live in Texas, and a city (Southlake) a few miles away from where I live had a cartel "hit" or whatever they call it last year. Also, the city of Southlake is one of the most "up-scale, super safe, etc...." cities in the DFW area. It was rated as the best suburb of DFW that year. This "hit" was the only murder there since the year 2000.

www.nbcdfw.com...

The man gunned down execution-style at the Southlake Town Square Wednesday was an attorney linked to a major Mexican drug cartel who had been living in Southlake with his wife and three children, NBC 5 has learned.

Guerrero has been named in various Mexican news reports as a lawyer for the Gulf Cartel, one of the largest and most violent drug organizations in Mexico.

The FBI, DEA, and DHS jumped right into the investigation after the shooting.
edit on 21-7-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join