It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lawsuit Could Destroy Obamacare In These 36 States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Goodbye.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Libertygal

Give it to the oil subsidies now. Congratulations conservatives.

Still the blame game.

Try blaming all the Democrats that passed the damn thing in the first place.

All concerned were warned about this chaos.

Zero Republicans voted for the PPACA. Zero.

So why did Democrats screw it up all by themselves ?

The courts are declaring Obama.Care unConstitutional one chunk at a time.

Prepare for the worst if you are involved.

Obama will seek a rath of vengeance at our expense.

why are you even on this website, you don't give a damn about poor or middle class Americans, you have nothing positive to say about any American, other than the extremely wealthy. it sounds like you are deliberately trying to get Americans to turn against each other, to bring this country down.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

We are either a nation of laws or we aren't. I don't how "good" something is, if it can't be done legally, then it should not be done until it can be done following the existing laws of the land otherwise we live in an anarchy. I don't want to live in an anarchy and neither should any of you, no matter how well-intentioned it is because those good intentions only last as long as the person in charge has benevolent whims.

And once the lawless precedent is set, it cannot be undone.

Anything that is truly good is worth doing the proper way.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not to mention, if you want a thing to not get thrown out on its ear, you need to get competent legal representation. The government lost Citizens United in large part because they admitted that they believed that campaign finance law gave them the power to so curtail political speech that they could ban books.

In this instance, they tried to argue before the three judge panel that the HHS secretary and the Federal exchange had the power to stand in for the states and hand out subsidies because they were:

Obama administration officials said that an exchange established by the federal government was, in effect, established by a state because the secretary of health and human services was standing “in the shoes” of states when she established exchanges.

Now, extrapolate that our to other issues. Where does the power of the Fed stop and the power of the state begin? Where is the power of the Fed not able to override the state if it chooses on the presumption that it is only "standing in the shoes" of the state when it takes control over the executive/legislative of the state's own governance apparatus?

Federal executive branch officers can act on behalf of the legislative branch in each of the states. This is a shocking coup attempt against federalism, republican governance, the separation of powers and the Constitution itself.

So, if that was the tactic they tried, and I'm not surprised because this is what they believe, then it's not surprising they lost. It's not how things are done in this country, and it's against the law and philosophy of the land.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I assume you mean the SCOTUS that found Obamacare constitutional. It's not going anywhere and the longer it goes the more of you are going to look foolish for supporting corporate America over individuals.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

why are you even on this website, you don't give a damn about poor or middle class Americans, you have nothing positive to say about any American, other than the extremely wealthy. it sounds like you are deliberately trying to get Americans to turn against each other, to bring this country down.

The Progressives do all that way better than me or any single individual.

The big political groups are your problem. Not the individuals who may have opinions that end being right sometimes.

Sour Grapes stain the drapes.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I assume you mean the SCOTUS that found Obamacare constitutional. It's not going anywhere and the longer it goes the more of you are going to look foolish for supporting corporate America over individuals.

Yes, yes, yes, harrumph. SCOTUS once found slavery to be constitutional, too.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

A federal appeals court delivered a potentially serious setback to President Barack Obama's health care law Tuesday.

The Obama administration immediately declared that those policyholders will keep getting financial aid for their premiums as it seeks review of the ruling. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said the decision would have "no practical impact" on tax credits as the case works its way through further court appeals.

The administration is expected to seek a hearing from the full 11-member appeals court.

Yahoo

Well, I wonder how long the review is gonna take.

He's not gonna let it die easily.

edit on 22-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Well this is a great start to dismantling the giant turd 0bamacare is.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

A local Doctor in my area, has a sign in his front office that says..."We do not accept Obamacare Insurance". Due to the fact his first ACA patient was 6 months ago, he still has not been paid for any Obamacare patients.

I think there are a lot of Doctors and clinics behind this ruling.

Des

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the Fourth Courts Unanimous decision? Completely overturns DC's 2-1 ruling. So now what?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47
Has anyone seen the Fourth Courts Unanimous decision? Completely overturns DC's 2-1 ruling. So now what?

here's the case...

Court ruling

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is just a filing of an appeal, isn't it? NOT an overturn of the ruling?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join