It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lawsuit Could Destroy Obamacare In These 36 States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

A lawsuit challenging Obamacare subsidies has the potential to skyrocket the health insurance costs of 5.4 million Americans.

The decision lies on the shoulders of three federal judges, who will decide the legality of subsidies served through the federal health insurance marketplaces, a decision that impacts residents of 36 states. The decision could come as early as July 15.

As Business Insider's Brett LoGiurato reported, the Affordable Care Act was designed with the expectation that each state would run its own exchange, and part of the law notes that subsidies may be provided "through an Exchange established by the State." The challengers to the law argue that this means that, technically, the subsidies should only be available to the state-run marketplaces.

So, 5 million of the 8 million enrolled could be losing their subsidies, which in turn would probably drop Obamacare Insurance:

That means more than 5 million people in 36 states who are currently receiving health insurance subsidies through the federal marketplaces could potentially be shut out.

This big mess is just getting messier. I wonder how much longer Obamacare will last?

Yahoo
edit on 20-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

I read about this around a week ago. I think this would effectively end Obamacare nation wide. We can only hope the SCOTUS will keep making the right decisions.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The part of the law that caused the administration, namely Pelosi and Reid, to go into an overnight illegal rewriting law party, and largely unknown and ignored across those 36 states as well, is:

If your state was not in the exchange, and opted out, you, nor any corporation can be fined for not having insurance.

That's right. The law originally read that, and when it didn't go as planned, with states reaching out for Federal funding, the administration was taken aback. In the end, sent into a panic, which led to an overnight law rewriting party. The first, in fact, of approximately 38 rewrites now, done illegally.

The very next day, with the new text of the law in hand, Barry telephoned his IRS thugs, who promptly put out a short news brief.

Pay the fine, or face serious consequences. Don't question us, just do as you are told. From that point forward, all you have heard about is companies and corporations being told they can wait till 2016, and that individuals will be fined if they don't have insurance.

Truth is, that's a lie. Those states cannot fine nor penalize, hence, why the majority of discussion of Obamacare going broke.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This would end Obamacare if it goes through. Good luck on that, but somehow I don't think it will end up working out like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I agree that it would probably end Obamacare for good, I wonder if the skyrocketing costs would come back down...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It would be hard to stabilize a market where half or well over half drop out of the market before paying anything in. This would be a huge hit to insurance companies who have already began forecasting on the money they don't have..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Well one thing is for sure, if Obamacare is successfully ended, it'll probably take down the health insurance industry and most likely the health care industry as well. It will be a health industry reset, which could be good or bad depending on where the people in charge take it from there.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I will believe it when I see it,
nothing seems to affect whatever Obama does
not even the claims of non citizenship brought against him

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The answer is simple and will happen because of all this chaos. UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOR ALL, MEDICARE FOR ALL.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

Did you ever stop to think that maybe just MAYBE that claim is bogus?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

I agree that it would probably end Obamacare for good, I wonder if the skyrocketing costs would come back down...

It's a win-win situation for big pharma and the medical industry. If the ACA continues, rates rise by getting screwed through higher taxation. If the ACA fails miserably, the medical industry will increase rates to compensate for the money they thought the were getting through the ACA.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: tinker9917

It's a win-win situation for big pharma and the medical industry. If the ACA continues, rates rise by getting screwed through higher taxation. If the ACA fails miserably, the medical industry will increase rates to compensate for the money they thought the were getting through the ACA.

Cheers - Dave

I think you're probably right. So, like usual, we're screwed no matter what.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
" A Lawsuit Could Destroy Obamacare In These 36 States "

Obama.Care is being dismantled by the Administration, The Courts, and by people and businesses not "cooperating".

That's what happens when Legislators pass laws that contain many unConstitutional parts and contain numerous conflicts of interests and many discriminatory mandates and regulations.

The end results are huge financial burdens on the Citizens.

All part of the plan isn't it.

How can elected and appointed officials make so many "errors" by not planning it.

"Universal" will work as well as the VA has.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No matter which way it works ... the insurance industry will profit heavily. That WAS the plan all along.

High risk patients won't be able to regain coverage to boot.

The whole fiasco was engineered. You sort'a have to admire that.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The answer is simple and will happen because of all this chaos. UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOR ALL, MEDICARE FOR ALL.

No, that was the original plan, but they screwed it up and reached for the brass ring too quickly. Too many people know exactly which entity is responsible for screwing them over and messing it up - the government. So, why on earth would anyone settle for that same entity taking full control of the system?

The ideal scenario for this would have been for the whole system to go into a measured decline over about a decade.

Now, it's going to get ugly, but no one I know wants the government anywhere near their health care anymore.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband likes his Medicare for $100/month. Oh, I know, you would rather he did have access to the doctor.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
People are still dreaming about the end of romneycare, not happening but keep on dreaming people.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

My husband likes his Medicare for $100/month. Oh, I know, you would rather he did have access to the doctor.

I would rather he not have the government be his gate keeper to the doctor.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I know. Death is preferred.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I know. Death is preferred.

Better hope that the IPAB doesn't make any convenient errors in judgment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join