It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found ATS 5 years ago. Realized quickly that I would have to earn my membership. So five years lat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hi frpm Australia.

Ive been awakened to the real world for about a decade now.
It's been a rough journey through extensive research, Truth Awareness sites, Existential Crisis, more research, Sorting through the web of deceit for fact over fiction, Always finding hypocrisy , Questioning everything including my sanity, Feeling disillusioned, Feeling alive, Inability to quench my thirst for truth and solution.
And so much more in between.

I never really was a happy morning person, I hated being woken up, so no surprise my Awakening was met which much resistance.
Acceptance came fast , so did the quest for more knowledge .

Im a good example of how NOT to start a journey. Jumped into the deep end, went hard and fast, absorbed mountains of information much too quickly and without appropriate analysis . It took over my life for a while. I finally crashed and burned. I had learned way too much , way too soon . The time to sit back and process all the information was well overdue, Crash and burn confirmed that.

My advice to others now is to travel in moderation, process the info, take time away from the learning as you would with any education, and dont allow it to sabotage your existence.

Once I finally saw the world in it's true form through new eyes, I soon became frustrated .
I couldn't understand why no-one had started implementing solutions. What was I supposed to do with all this knowledge? Why arent we moving past the motivational memes, positive quotes and click and share proactive new age revolutionary contributions.

It was a depressing state of limbo. It was like a brickwall that I couldn't breakdown.
This is the point of the journey where I settled into Nihilism and misanthropy.
For the first time in my life I felt totally at ease and at peace with the world. It was also the first thing I had found that was devoid of hypocrisy and obligation. I saw it as the end of my journey, but due to a massive shift in destiny, it was fast exposed as yet another path that I needed to take to get closer to my final destination.

I couldn't connect to all the knowledge I had learned without that old familiar feeling of disillusionment hitting me.
I realized that the answers were of no help or benefit to me. I needed to change the questions.
The most important question was " Who am I living for"?
For my kids? To be a cog in the corporate machine? To help others? Or for me?

Once I can truthfully answer that question and adjust my way of living in regards to that answer, I will then be more equipped to initiate and implement the next stage of the journey.

That's one of the reasons I have left ATS as the last stop .
There's a far superior knowledge base here than anywhere else. The majority of members are far more advanced and dedicated than most others I have encountered and the generosity in sharing information and willingness to educate newcomers is admirable.

I look forward to meeting you all and continuing the next stage of my journey.

Peace to all.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Welcome where you from ?
My Bad... Downunder
edit on Sun, 20 Jul 2014 06:46:02 -0500466America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Welcome .. learning is lifelong it never stops .. just remember relax and grab a pint or two when it gets wild around here ..

The rest will be along with your doorprizes and survivalkit ..

Oh and happy hour is at 1700 b.y.o.b

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Geeeeeesh.....he said "Hi frpm Austrailia".

a reply to: rigel4

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I also lurked for years, and when I finally spoke out...they chewed me up, spit me out and then stepped on me while they all laughed.

But I still come to ATS because of the great minds and it's definitely the best source for up to the second news.

a reply to: caged66

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS dear caged66

If you need any help with getting an avatar,just pop over to the Avatar Creations thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just state what kind of avatar you have in mind, color scheme, theme -fantasy, cars, robot smoking a cigar, etc. and we'd be more than happy to help you.

edit on 20/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: It's Sunday. The spelling part of my brain is malfunctioning.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

G,day mate and welcome
Pat's (Expat888) on the ball with his answer
its how you use/share and improve your corner of the world with the things you continue to learn that makes the diff.
dont forget to stop and enjoy the view every now and then
smell the gum trees and listen to the magpie warble
but if you're a collingwood supporter your stuffed
oh watch out for Bally's (Bally001) pet bloody roo its on steriods

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Think that bally's prototype of roozilla ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The rabbit hole goes a long way down, and there are many people here that have been burned, myself included.

I wonder if there is a slow way to awaken, if there is a slow route then you may never wake at all.

Best thing is, you are here to tell the tale, so welcome to ATS and g'day.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

G,day mate and welcome
Pat's (Expat888) on the ball with his answer
its how you use/share and improve your corner of the world with the things you continue to learn that makes the diff.
dont forget to stop and enjoy the view every now and then
smell the gum trees and listen to the magpie warble
but if you're a collingwood supporter your stuffed
oh watch out for Bally's (Bally001) pet bloody roo its on steriods

Crikey pronts,

Flamin thing won't upload. Damn that, can't even offer Caged66 a sanga. Welcome to ATS 66. Pronto's offsider who used to reside on my farm with his offspring is now hams and bacon in my freezer. I have an abundance of bacon and now bourbon courtesy of old mates 'still' over the hill.

Drop by for banjo reditions and eyeballing some big roos holding cold cans.

Roozilla Expat! That's what I'll call him.

Hangon, that worked.

I'll try this key -

Nup, they're my daughters.

Maybe the V8 roo,

Strewth, and hey Expat! put up a pic of the beer stealing macaque.

Anyways 66 have a good ride here. I certaily have.

Regards,

bally.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

G,day Pat.
you're prob right although the metal one has me worried
i think Bally needs time out in the padded room
the home for old wayward sailors threw him out when they saw the bloody thing

mate i either have to change beers or start eating
no hang on there's a steak in every glass
phew i'm OK after all

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Nah.. ya should drop a v12 with twin turbos in roozilla gotta do the job proper ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hehe change to whisky for a bit .. nah the metal one wouldnt survive monsoon season here so not worry about it .. its the other one thats cause for concern .. good thing have godzilla on speed dial ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yep, better start all over...BBQ roo anyone?

bally

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

G,day Bally
so you've done for that big porker
you can now safely walk out into the paddock without that metal roo for protection
which means everyone on ATS will now be safe
how much did he dress out at mate

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Nnnnnoooooo ... wouldve gave roozilla a good home than see im barbecued ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouraging advice.

I look forward to making my first post and being chewed up , spat out and stomped on.
Tough love provokes thought and is an excellent teacher.

I haven't really decided on an avatar as yet.
Probably because I would prefer my words to define me first.
Avatars are great, but they tend to define a small portion of who we are, and too much focus is applied to a picture. I am guilty of this, but I am working on changing that

Yes my opening line was devoid of spellcheck. There goes my first impression...

I am * from * Canberra, Australia.

I most certainly plan on learning as much as I can , while I can, and I now appreciate the importance of timeouts from all the chaos and frustration.

I agree that waking up cannot be a slow process, it must be like ripping off the bandage in one hit, rather than slowly.

The rabbit hole is crazy. But what else can we really expect it to be.
It's the constant insanity of it all that motivates and drives us to delve deeper.

And yes, I do realize that there's probably a simpler way to answer you all individually in regards to answering your comments, and until I work it out I will do it the hard way.

And finally, no , I am not a Collingwood supporter.
I need way too much mental stimulation , and football is lacking in that department.

Awesome welcome guys!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Pronto;

See U2U for update.

Bally

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Nah Pat, he's here mate, that was his missus's joey.

For you, pronts and 66,

Ballster

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Just click on the reply option on individual posts to reply to someone in thread .. took me awhile to figure out and still figuring this place out ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join