It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gandhi died.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The World was going to Sh*t when Gandhi was alive, it hasn't change and neither have I.

Indeed.

And people hold Gandhi up as some sort of paragon of virtue - the man despised Black people, thought they were sub-human and supported the Boers in South Africa and their system of apartheid......but they don't broadcast that little titbit.

But yes, the world does seem to be even more messed up at present than it normally does.
Are we approaching some sort of culmination of events?
Perhaps.

In the meantime I'll join you in having a few cold one's - always up for a drink or two!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
We live in strange times when the society has degenerated. The human society functions well when five principles of non-violence, truthfulness, no-stealing, no-prostitution, and simple living are upheld.

Today it is a race to acquire material comforts at any price.

When the society reaches such state, wars are bound to happen. Wars cannot be avoided. As the wronged people or nations rise up in revolt.

The elite see wars as the means to sustain their power. This continues to be the case.

I have written extensively on this board. The Western countries have many good traits, but these countries are affected by a hidden cult that controls the top echelon. This cult is called New World Order. NWO is conspiring to enslave the world using technical means (through technology in the realm of machines, computers, medical, agriculture).

The NWO is the purveyor of wars.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You know, I was going to place a rant about my stupid vacuum cleaner, after working on it for nearly 2 hours and what a pain in the azz they are now a days with 50 damn screws for this and that, having to wrap my legs around it to hold it still while trying to hold a flash light-[insert cuss words]- and how they don't last long any more ...when I saw this....

Well, now I feel silly

This is an excellent rant you got going, straight to the heart of things

I try to stay out of the ME threads due to the fact that I honestly & truly don't understand some of the quarrels ---they are very complex --- although I understand that some have been going on for hundreds of years, but they are extremely touchy therefore I'll read but that's it. I'm not qualified enough to respond IMO, so I stay out of them

But sadly, yes, the hatred is fierce at times

Wonder how long the chaos in the ME will last before something gives?
There is a lot going on right now, it's spooky

Even within our own country, I feel like we are fixin' to implode, as divisive as the US has become lately
I don't recall there being such a strong mix of turmoil as there is right now

Hopefully we'll level out to calmer emotions soon

Well anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your rant

And I will humbly exit with my tail between my legs & go toss my vacuum in the dumpster......*sigh*

S&F

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

true.. something about it draws people back to visit .. ahh yep they got a few blooptubes in the villages along with rounds .. while back they were teaching some of the kids how to use them spent the day out in the field with them watching and sent couple rounds downrange ...

Good place to build a rice hooch the tunnels quite the engineering feat .. been in few of them ..

True get invites for festivals and weddings in the nearby villages always fun and lots good food and drink .. that fued goes back centuries .. good to hear they accept your wife as well .. its like that most places the governments are idiots but the people are good ..

Always had knack for going native when in other places ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
C'mon Beez what do you expect? Humans are well, animals with the capacity to reason. that doesn't mean they do it all the time or for that matter even 10% of the time.

Why do expect better from a species that cant even explain to itself why it does what it does?

Ask yourself, ask a friend, even ask a psychologist why do people do what they do, and you will either get a I dont know, or a 'well its too complex to answer. And we wonder why we still act like chimpanzee's on a hunt to kill intruders in our territory....

People don't want solutions they are conditioned to want distractions and when you get a bit of influence and power behind you that means distractions that go, BOOM BOOM or BOOM,CRASH.

Our present culture is based on CONTROL, guess what, control is intolerant of change, it also justifiably perceives REASON to be a direct threat to its control, thus those who could change our world, those who can bring the light of reason to the masses are reasonably keeping themselves to themselves.

For myself, I have taken the time to really study human behavior, I have lean't that there is a key to human behavior, there is a singular cause and once known, it can change the world, sadly our world doesn't want change, no matter how much it rants about it...

edit on 24-7-2014 by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sadly, the world is overdue for a Crisis War.

Crisis wars are cyclic within a society, region or nation. They're the most horrible kinds of wars. They're so horrible and they traumatize a nation so much that there's unanimous agreement to do everything possible to prevent any such war from ever happening again. When the last generation of people who lived through the crisis war disappear (retire or die) all at the same time, then the nation enters a new crisis period, leading to a new crisis war. That's why a new crisis war typically begins around 60 years after the previous one ends.

WWII was our last major crisis war in the world. It began in 1939 and ended in 1945. Add 60 years to that and you get 2005. We've been in the build up period for about nine years. Basically, there aren't enough people around who have direct memory of how horrific war really is to understand the true value of peace. Sadly, simply learning about it in history isn't enough for most people to grasp the concept thoroughly.

And before that there was WW1 and before that there were wars between countries going back to when people were living in caves. War, then some time of relative peace, then another war, peace, war, peace war, it's history and it might be about time for another world war.

Hopefully the next world war the victor wins the entire earth and imposes a police to prevent future wars and focuses on spaceflight or future generations will have to wage war again and again until someone gets it all and wins it all.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Peace cannot come to earth until humanity follows five principles of non-violence, truthfulness, no-stealing, no-prostitution, and simple living.

'Veda' says the 'King' sets the example. In today's world the kings live in luxury and sins. The public follows the king.

In absence of morals, it be will be same, some periods of peace followed by period of escalating violence and war.

Wars will happen with frightening regularity.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
Peace cannot come to earth until humanity follows five principles of non-violence, truthfulness, no-stealing, no-prostitution, and simple living.

Sorry GargIndia but these are principles created by men who knew all to well that for these to occur you must build very big walls to keep the reality in which they actually exist OUT.

These principles have always created an IMBALANCE resulting in even greater violence and diminishment of reason which proves them to be instigation's of subconsciously compelled control.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Why do you say so?

These five principles are universal. If you do not obey, you sin. And when you sin, you are going to suffer. War, disease, anger, pain are all suffering brought about by sins.

Humans cannot define what is good. Humans did not create the earth, water and stars. The entire creation (universe) is under the control of God who creates the rules.

Humans suffer from ego and start thinking they are the masters of the Universe. This is absolutely false.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join