It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Israel protesters rally across France, defying ban imposed after synagogue clash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Much of the worst conflicts come from the second generation immigrants- as can be seen in the other articles linked, it is mostly the adolescent and young adult population, who have identity conflicts because of their parents and grandparents choice to not adapt or integrate their new country and culture.
This results in some real difficulties for them, which give rise to frustration, hostility, aggressivity, which (naturally) looks for modes of expression in whatever ways they can find it.

I agree, and spoke briefly about the same idea earlier.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Having been to Jerusalem I can assure you the average Jewish person is just as pissed with this as everyone else. Anyone here ever been to the markets in Jerusalem and seen all the banter laughing and trading going on between arabs and Jews? Anyone here seen the respect they have for each other in Jerusalem. I have and can assure you a lot of what you see on the news is propaganda...just that.

They are as tired of it as we are, but remember, they are also being attacked too, palestinians have been injured by hamas rockets too. Imagine someone firing rockets into Washington DC, you think what is happening in isreal now is bad, imaging what the US govt would do?

9/11 response - millions dead and many countries destroyed. Makes Israel look like a schoolyard bully in comparison.

Y^ou all need to start seeing BOTH sides to every story, both sides are out of order and both sides need to stop.

If we pick sides we get a war. How can none of you see that? You are all following the god damn media. Jeez!!
edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
The way I see it, this focus on different ethnicities rather than trying to live together peacefully is, what’s causing these kinds of troubles in the first place. And yes I am sorry, but to me ethnicity is not what really matters, and that is what I was trying to say earlier.
a reply to: pennydrops
That’s exactly my talk, but unfortunately most people on both sides don’t see it that way...there are really disgusting things being posted all over the social media by more and more ignorant people.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

However the media is owned and run by Jews, so the propaganda you get as you say through the media only shoots Jews in the foot.

Apart from that I do agree with your sentiments.

A factor that affects the protests in France is that Israel won't allow the Palestinians who were forced to leave their homes to return and repatriate them as legitimate citizens that they are and also to compensate them for their exclusion from their own country.

If you look at the protests that are breaking out in places like Paris, you will see the repercussions and shortsightedness of expelling a lot of people from their own homes and country, because they then move around the world and start protesting and keeping the focus on Jewish actions in Israel and especially Gaza as its probable that many of those people protesting in foreign countries are related to the people in Gaza.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StillHoping
The way I see it, this focus on different ethnicities rather than trying to live together peacefully is, what’s causing these kinds of troubles in the first place. And yes I am sorry, but to me ethnicity is not what really matters, and that is what I was trying to say earlier.
That’s exactly my talk, but unfortunately most people on both sides don’t see it that way...there are really disgusting things being posted all over the social media by more and more ignorant people.

Should ethnicity matter? No. Does it? Yes.

The problem lies in the fact that they are moving to France, but not wanting to be immersed in French culture. They want to keep their culture and values and their children and France are paying the price.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StillHoping

Are you seriously indicating that Muslims can’t be French? How does having a certain religion stop you from being French?? I don’t remember nationality depending on religion?

It is perfectly understandable, if you are american, to not have grasped right away the reference to ethnicity. Ethnicity is almost taboo in the US, being a country that was almost entirely constructed of immigrants from all over the world.

But what is relevant to this topic is that in the case of the US, the immigrants searched to integrate the country- they want to be american. Their kids born there could feel okay with identifying themselves as Americans.

What we get in these european countries with arab speaking immigrants is that they loudly proclaim they hate France and the french- which makes for kids that have never seen the lands of their parents (it has been reduced to a myth of fantastic proportions) and the feeling they are in a place and amongst a peoples they are not part of and that are "the enemy".

Imagine going through the usual teenage angst, with that cherry on top!
Makes for a tinderbox waiting to blow up.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

However the media is owned and run by Jews, so the propaganda you get as you say through the media only shoots Jews in the foot.

Apart from that I do agree with your sentiments.

A factor that affects the protests in France is that Israel won't allow the Palestinians who were forced to leave their homes to return and repatriate them as legitimate citizens that they are and also to compensate them for their exclusion from their own country.

If you look at the protests that are breaking out in places like Paris, you will see the repercussions and shortsightedness of expelling a lot of people from their own homes and country, because they then move around the world and start protesting and keeping the focus on Jewish actions in Israel and especially Gaza as its probable that many of those people protesting in foreign countries are related to the people in Gaza.

That's because unlike most other ARAB nations Israel allows Palestinian citizens to vote. The worry is that Israelis would be outnumbered, outvoted. It's a very real worry. If the Palestinians wanted to come and actually join Israel and stand WITH them rather than against them we would see a very difference scenario.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
But what is relevant to this topic is that in the case of the US, the immigrants searched to integrate the country- they want to be american. Their kids born there could feel okay with identifying themselves as Americans.

This is the problem with the newest wave of "immigrants" into America. We are used to people coming here wanting to join America. Now we face immigrants that want to USE America, and recreate their "home" here.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Beat me to it.

These people are not "Native" French or European, they are recent Muslim imports and illegal invaders, from the ME and Africa.

Like a curse across Europe........Much Like the Natives of the Americas, and other places, think of white Europeans.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Beat me to it.

These people are not "Native" French or European, they are recent Muslim imports and illegal invaders, from the ME and Africa.

Like a curse across Europe........Much Like the Natives of the Americas, and other places, think of white Europeans.

More or less they (the older generation) had much the same idea as the Europeans did coming to America. Turn the "New World" into the old one. Their children .. well we will have to wait and see what path they eventually choose. The violence displayed is not a good sign of things to come though.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Swills

Third picture down.. Why did someone who obviously feels passionate about this spell "Palestine" wrong?

It brings me joy that the only rebuttal you have is a possible spelling error.
I cannot speak for this country but, some countries spell things differently and most probably they are spelling in a foreign language.
A gray area here is a grey area in England.
Sometimes there is just a different flavor....err flavor.
Irony, you are now a spelling Nazi!

edit on 20-7-2014 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Hmm actually I am not from the US, but from Germany. And even though I am not of arabic origin, my parents also were immigrants...and that is why I am very careful when it comes to the use of ethnicity-based terms. The problem IMO is this: if people are supposed to "feel" french, we can't keep calling them Arabs or whatever since that can easily cause a feeling of not being welcome and never ever going to be welcome! Thus, they will just try to hold on to their old values and concepts of their native country and thus the spiral begins. I honestly think if we go on this way, we will just keep creating more and more hate without any real reason..of course that does not mean that I am condoning violent acts in any way, no matter who is committing them, I just think it's sad because the only thing I am sure of, is that nobody is gainig anything from the way human beings are treating each other these days.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: StillHoping

I certainly understand your concern, and it is a valid one.

I still feel that the context here is particular- I have a coworker whose parents came from Algeria, they are christian, they did not even teach their children arabic. Yet when I included him in a reference to the french, he corrected me- "I am arab, not french."

That is just an example of what we're dealing with- they cling to their ethnicity despite all the liberal efforts being made to erase that distinction. That is what I mean by refusing to integrate. The word arab is what they insist on (or magrebin) partly because it pulls together a sense of solidarity between Morroccans, Algerians, Lybians, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
You said,

Jews vs. Arabs

Why would you say this?
Are you purposely trying to muddy the waters?
These protests are not anti jew, in fact some of the protesters for peace are jews!
Do you even understand what is going on?
Has anyone ever discussed your lack of reading comprehension?

edit on 20-7-2014 by g146541 because: reading is fun!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
Not many protesters in France look French.

Dont seem like a peaceful bunch either.

You push a good point, good thing none of these people have murdered women and children.
I guess that gives this group of non "peaceful" people the high ground.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Speaking as a member of the media I have to say that your post is total rubbish. The media is not owned by Jews and it's not run by Jews. That's a standard trope trotted out by anti-Semites.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
are you sure they are not mad at the french in africa instead? seems like they should be.

abcnews.go.com...

France's president announced the redeployment of 3,000 French troops in five of its former colonies across northwest Africa as part of an operation to help fight terrorism in the region.

Operation Barkhane will involve Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad and Mali, where French forces intervened in 2013 to rout Islamic radicals.

why are they dissing on israel fighting against terrorists, when the country they are living in is doing the same thing in 5 countries?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Why would you say this? Are you purposely trying to muddy the waters? These protests are not anti jew, in fact some of the protesters for peace are jews!

He does not differentiate between the two, no comprehension in the fact that these protests are anti-Israeli not anti-Jew, just wants to play the antisemitism card.

Has anyone ever discussed your lack of reading comprehension?

It has been pointed out to him once or twice alright

edit on 20-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
are you sure they are not mad at the french in africa instead? seems like they should be.

abcnews.go.com...

France's president announced the redeployment of 3,000 French troops in five of its former colonies across northwest Africa as part of an operation to help fight terrorism in the region.

Operation Barkhane will involve Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad and Mali, where French forces intervened in 2013 to rout Islamic radicals.

why are they dissing on israel fighting against terrorists, when the country they are living in is doing the same thing in 5 countries?

Exactly why the discussion has focused on what some of the influencing factors are in who, how, and why these protests are happening.... I believe there is more involved than what is stated outright.....

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Ok, I really see your point now
But that only makes it even harder for me to understand: how can people struggling with their own cultural identity or at least obviously feeling like they aren't seriously integrated anywhere in the world, not see that they are doing just the same thing? I don't think I'll ever be able to get that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join