It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Israel protesters rally across France, defying ban imposed after synagogue clash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Thousands march through French cities in protest of Israeli operation in Gaza Strip; French president says will not allow violence to spill over into France.

REUTERS - Thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters marched in French cities on Saturday to condemn violence in Gaza, defying a ban imposed after demonstrators marched on two synagogues in Paris last weekend and clashed with riot police.

A Reuters photographer said demonstrators in northern Paris launched projectiles at riot police, who responded by firing teargas canisters and stun grenades.

Demonstrators also climbed on top of a building and burned an Israeli flag. At least one car was set on fire.

A police spokesman said that 38 demonstrators had been arrested by early evening and that the clashes were dying down.

Good god the French are passionate! Protesting is great but violence is not. Violence ruins the message and spirit of the protest, which ironically was about the violence in Gaza. Anyone else remember an anti Israeli protest turn violent? I hear things in Turkey are heating up over this conflict. Violent Protests Against Israel in London, Paris, Chile, Belgium

If the people want to defy the bans placed by their gov't that's fine but when it turns violet you're giving the gov't all the ammunition it needs to keep banning.

But France wasn't the only place in the world holding demonstrations against Israel.

Pictures

An estimated 1,000 pro-Palestinians and activists took part in two separate protests against the air strikes on the Gaza Strip outside of the Israeli Embassy on July 17 in Athens, Greece.

Thousands of South Africans have taken to the streets in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town demanding South Africa expel the Israeli ambassador.

Riot police use water cannons to stop hundreds of pro Palestinian Turks who were staging a protest rally outside the Israeli consulate after Israel launched a ground operation in Gaza Strip, in Istanbul, Turkey on July 18.

People hold banners during a protest against Israel's military action in Gaza, at La Constitucion square in Malaga, Spain, on July 17.

People march on the streets, displaying banners and Palestinian flags, as they shout anti Israeli slogans, during a protest against the Israeli air strikes of the Gaza strip, in Madrid, Spain, on July 17. More than 2,000 people took part in the demonstration.

Protest against Israel's attack on Gaza, in Ahmadabad, India, on July 17.

Activists gather to protest the Israeli bombing of Gaza during a rally in front of the Israeli embassy on July 11 in Washington, DC. Several peace groups gathered to protest in front of the embassy to call for an end to Israel's bombing of Gaza.

An ultra Orthodox Jew holds a Palestinian flag during a protest against Israel's air strikes on Gaza in London, July 11.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
SnF for you. I love seeing this stuff. Makes me have hope for the world. I agree with you violence does not solves things and can cloud the message in some cases....However in this day and age, the world governments simply DO NOT listen to the people. They do not listen to our concerns, our needs. They pay no attention to protests. They pay no attention to our will.

Let's face it - had these protests not turned violent; they probably never would have even made the evening news in France. Hell - these protests even violent have not been covered by western media whatsoever. It is appalling how the governments and media of the world ignore their citizens.

At this point - the MSM blatantly covers up protests and acts like they never happened.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
there was a protest today here in Byron bay so you can add aussieland to that list

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
I LOVE the fact that there is open suppression of freedom of speech.
It only drags the terrorists into the light of day where propaganda often falls apart.

The more you hold us down the more we press on

It would seem the student propaganda brigade is going into meltdown.
I wonder if any of those fanatics are starting to question their "mission"?
This topic brings me a little joy.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
How can you NOT feel for the oppressed? Anything has got to be better than being a resident of Gaza right now. Hang in there brothers.
edit on 20-7-2014 by peanutbuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Has this been reported at all in the media in the US? I don't have TV so I don't know but somehow I bet it isn't.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Here in the UK.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Any demonstrations in the US?.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

French president says will not allow violence to spill over into France

LOL- the french president can say what he wants, he is not capable of anything. He's a joke.

Perhaps I am just feeling grumpy because I have a cold, and more prone to speaking first inappropriate thing that comes into my head- but France has a very large Muslim population... and ones with an entwined history and conflict with the french that outsiders are not often real knowledgeable about- they are a highly flammable population, that explode violently at any excuse possible. A friggin' soccer game spurs them to start burning cars across the country.

I would guess with some measure of confidence that much of the people who got violent at those protests were the arab/muslim people. The french like to protest, but not to get violent.

But on the conflict-
I was watching a news channel yesterday morning, and the banner running across the screen repeated endlessly that one Israeli soldier had been killed in the conflict in Gaza. They kept going back to that.

ONE? That is made big news? Not the many Palestinian children, women and men lying in pieces on the streets???
Sometimes humans disgust me.
Now I am going to go hack up my snot and try to be civil again.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Third picture down.. Why did someone who obviously feels passionate about this spell "Palestine" wrong?
edit on 20-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

The crime is allowing these "arabs" into Europe ... it's like creating a scene for a new holocust to occur.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
France has long since had real problems with the disaffected immigrants from North Africa. They frequently riot and smash things up. Arguably, the rise of the right wing "anti-immigration" parties is because of this. The situation in Gaza is just an excuse for mayhem.

Here's one random example, but you can find many more. www.theguardian.com...

Regards

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

The crime is allowing these "arabs" into Europe ... it's like creating a scene for a new holocust to occur.

really !...that was an ignorant comment...if you are an old man you should think about an education as it is never too late

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Those are not "french", they are Muslims living in France. The Muslims in France have rioted on numerous occasions.

Some 20 cars have been torched and four people detained in a second night of violence in suburbs west of Paris

www.cbsnews.com...

Two nights of rioting in the Paris suburb of Trappes have left dozens of cars destroyed, at least 10 arrests and a 14-year-old injured, after police carried out an identity check on a Muslim woman in a full-face veil.

www.theguardian.com...

2005 riots.

The rioters, mostly unemployed teenagers from destitute suburban housing projects (the cités HLM) caused over €200 million in damage as they torched nearly 9000 cars and dozens of buildings, daycare centers, and schools. The French police arrested close to 2900 rioters; 126 police and firefighters were injured, and there was one fatality – a bystander who died after being struck by a hooded youth.

riotsfrance.ssrc.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

No the crime is them going to France and not wanting to be French, and trying to inflict their culture.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

The crime is allowing bigoted "people" like you to spew out your hate.

For the record it isn't just "arabs"(as you put it) protesting, this is people from all races and religions protesting Israel's actions worldwide.
edit on 20-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

For the record it isn't just "arabs", as you put it, protesting this is people from all races and religions protesting Israel's actions worldwide.

No it's Arabs. And last week they firebombed a synagogue and attacked another one. I just posted numerous Muslim riots in France.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I made a comment in another thread about how Israel is facing a PR nightmare around the world. They need to wake up and see the tide is turning against them in a very real way. They need to take a step back and really find a path to peace.

If this continues Israel will end up alone. They will lose the US aid and weapons as the people turn against them. They need to stop being so inclusive and arrogant towards none Jews. This is the honest truth with no spin. Israel please wake up and wake up fast.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

For the record it isn't just "arabs", as you put it, protesting this is people from all races and religions protesting Israel's actions worldwide.

No it's Arabs. And last week they firebombed a synagogue and attacked another one. I just posted numerous Muslim riots in France.

Did you miss the word I clearly put in bold? There was protests in the UK, France, Germany,Argentina, Spain, US,Belgium,Ireland,Australia to name a few.
edit on 20-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

you do realize arabs are not just muslims,they have many religions including christian

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Did you miss the word I clearly put in bold? There was protests in France, Germany,Argentina, Spain, US,Belgium,Ireland,Australia to name a few.

That's nice, OP is about France. Make a post about other countries if you like.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join