It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns foreign journalists covering Gaza fighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Israel's Government Press Office on Saturday warned foreign journalists it was not responsible for their safety in the Gaza Strip, where the Jewish state has launched an offensive against Palestinian militants.

Israel sent ground forces into Hamas-dominated Gaza on Thursday after heavy air and naval barrages failed to stop rocket fire from the Palestinian territory. Gaza officials said at least 335 Palestinians, many of them civilians, have been killed in the 12-day conflict.

"Gaza and its vicinity are a battleground. Covering the hostilities exposes journalists to life-threatening danger," an e-mailed Government Press Office (GPO) statement said.

"Israel is not in any way responsible for injury or damage that may occur as a result of field reporting."

Is Israel sore about foreign journalists reporting the 4 children bombed on the beach by their navy? Israel is not responsible for journalist lives in Gaza? Gaza is now a battleground.

Those journalist better get on the Israeli side where they'll be safe and controlled.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Im neutral on this whole disaster, but you cant expect to walk into a war zone and be protected.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Actually with Israels top notch military equipment I do expect them to control the situation. It is their ground invasion after all. They deemed all of Gaza a battleground. Gaza is a densely populated city. Good bless all who are trapped in there.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Israel will do everything it can .. and then some to muzzle the media and keep the truth of what its doing being shown to the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Israel's Government Press Office on Saturday warned foreign journalists it was not responsible for their safety in the Gaza Strip, where the Jewish state has launched an offensive against Palestinian militants.

Israel sent ground forces into Hamas-dominated Gaza on Thursday after heavy air and naval barrages failed to stop rocket fire from the Palestinian territory. Gaza officials said at least 335 Palestinians, many of them civilians, have been killed in the 12-day conflict.

"Gaza and its vicinity are a battleground. Covering the hostilities exposes journalists to life-threatening danger," an e-mailed Government Press Office (GPO) statement said.

"Israel is not in any way responsible for injury or damage that may occur as a result of field reporting."

Is Israel sore about foreign journalists reporting the 4 children bombed on the beach by their navy? Israel is not responsible for journalist lives in Gaza? Gaza is now a battleground.

Those journalist better get on the Israeli side where they'll be safe and controlled.

"Gaza and its vicinity"? well that's just a bit murky, isn't it?

Yeah, this is definitely Israel trying to dissuade reporting on what's going on there. Unfortunately those hopes are going to be dashed as the men and women who report on these sort of conflicts tend to have balls like watermelons and take such admonishments as a dare.

There won't be a media blackout, at least not from the field - from the studio, maybe...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here we go, picking sides again.

Those who support israel.....you support the killing of innocents.

Those who support Hamas.....you support the killing of innocents.

Get a grip people. This attitude you allseem to have is making this situation worse. Each side isas bad as the other.

Hamas stopping the evacuations, storing more weapons in schools and residential buildings. Israel ruthlessly killing innocent civilians without care.

How can you support EITHER side....you are sick!
edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
maybe we will get a few more of these

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops
lol you cant be serious right....oh wait a sec.. he is!!!
see as an Australian I am by default programmed to back the underdog, now i don't care much about religion and i don't care much about politics but what I do care about is when the two come together they seem to always create this thing called a # storm.
now the # storm we see unfolding in Gaza is probably going to turn into a category 5 # storm once the Palestinians start needing mass amounts of human aid and medical aid.
you say im sick for standing in the corner of the people that are treated like rubbish by people that are proud to call them that, that are now bombing them relentlessly even though they have nothing that comes technologically close reply with.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
lol you cant be serious right....oh wait a sec.. he is!!!
see as an Australian I am by default programmed to back the underdog, now i don't care much about religion and i don't care much about politics but what I do care about is when the two come together they seem to always create this thing called a # storm.
now the # storm we see unfolding in Gaza is probably going to turn into a category 5 # storm once the Palestinians start needing mass amounts of human aid and medical aid.
you say im sick for standing in the corner of the people that are treated like rubbish by people that are proud to call them that, that are now bombing them relentlessly even though they have nothing that comes technologically close reply with.

Violence is violence. I agree it is one sided. But as outsiders it is our responsibility NOT to take sides but to aggressivley rebuke any violence no matter who commits it. Otherwise we are fueling the fire. It is hard and doesnt flow with our emotions, but it is the only responsible solution.

Instead we have us (me and you an everyone else), govts and msm and also alternative media just picking sides fueling the situation. Do you really think this is the way forward, continuing on this downward spiralling path decade after decade??

We have to let our emotions behind and tackle every violent act nomatter who committed it. Taking sides whatever the situation is making it worse. I do agree that the zionist pigs are overkill. But again, we must not take sides it is irresponsible of us to do so. It creates more aggression...obviously that is the last thing we need.

I dont expect you to agree but would hope you can at least appreciate my angle on the situation and understand. I may be wrong. It is just an approach I think we should all at least try.

As it stands at the moment the ptb have us arguing just like they want us to. We are better than that. We can stop this only if we ALL come together and the only way that is possible is to leave aou emotions behind and together as humanity......sort out this mess. Be strick on any act of violence. Any and every. Not pick sides.
edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I agree with you. Choosing sides is not helpful. Both are to blame, well they are really on the same side( the leadership at least).

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I take it as them saying that if you are NOT pro-Israel or Zionist then get the hell out r you will be killed. Charming, aren't they? Israel does not want truth coming out of Gaza, only Israeli propaganda. This should be a wake-up call to any journalist who is worth their own weight.

top topics

join