It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the World views the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: crazyewok

Come to COLORADO I'll buy you dinner get you ripped and WE CAN GO shooting. You WILL giggle at the range (EVERYBODY DOES) ALL men are equal or should be..we aren't too good at that ...yet.

Colorado next on my list!

North/South Carolina and Virginia are on my list this year.
And yeah Im going to let the UK side down and visit a shooting range haha

But Colorado is the next state I really want to do next.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm suspicious of the American Government, but like American people. There's a big distinction in all that that needs to be stated.

I'm not keen on the gun thing, but I've been bought up differently and can appreciate the different perspectives.

If I were to give our Yankee cousins a black mark, it'd be over world knowledge. Based on here alone where people are fairly switched on, there's some surprising gaps in understanding over certain fairly basic issues.

No biggie though. Nothing an afternoon on the books wouldn't sort.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: MrSpad

i saw this the other day...was very interesting...but just for sake of argument...how many countries do you feel negatively about? I really can't think of many...so in my case id say I feel negative towards maybe 1 or 2% of the countries on the planet...yet america has a 50% approval rating with some countries, so to speak, which means 50% of the people feel negatively towards the usa|?

Also a lot of the positive feelings often come from American culture. We got the best movies and id argue the best music. Other countries are producing some great stuff but there isnt much that keeps up with hollywood, and our endless supply of pop musicians being pumped out that people flock to.

This is similar to say...Germany...I love beer...I love German beer...I feel pretty good about Germany because of their beer...but feel neutral towards their politics...even if their political views were different than mine..well damn it...they make great beer.

This does remind me of a story...im at the sharq mall in kuwait city....taking a piss...and a man comes up behind me...my spidey senses tingle...i turn my head and the man starts yelling at me in english about how the hell could we give Saddam some diamond, apparently President Clinton gave Saddam some diamond back then...2000...well the man was angy about it...i apologized and said I didn't know about it and that it was above my pay grade...he then breaks down and cries and hugs me, after i zip of course, and says thx for saving his family...he obviously deduced that i was a soldier..even though I personally had no part of saving anyone in Kuwait after the invasion. So I do know there are definitely people who appreciated some of our "liberating"

They break down approval, nuetral and negative. They also break down between the US as a nation and as a world leader. Those numbers are not much different. So the US numbers are very good. In particular when you compare the US 65% approval with China 43% positive and with Russia who has only a 34% positive rating across the Planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You know what they say about statistics ...

This of course, isn't correct ... it is if you focus your selection inside a given area, but inside "western europe", you're not welcome anymore. I'm sure the Ukranians love ya ... and I'm sure some nazi pricks love ya too. And muslims, they probably love ya.

But we, Europeans ... believe me, when I tell you ... we'll find a way, to get rid of you, just like we did Rome.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Good luck ace WE are new SPARTA apparently. And EVERYBODY speaks ENGLISH.
Europe can't even keep its policies functioning without American tech ,weapons,OUR military (YOURS are just too...timid as a group anyway) also in case you HAVEN'T noticed .223 is YOUR caliber of military arm TOO (GUESS WHO MADE YOU TAKE IT?).
Your best aircraft is what a friggin TYPHOON? Please. we NEVER in our history had a caste system bred into our psyche.
YOU don't eat a lot of MEAT like we do so YOU are breakable and TINY people, we can tell by the cars and clothing sizes.Don't get the idea this latest faction will survive intact in America that want to be more LIKE you.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

UK troops timid? Tell that to the SAS

As for best fighter? I dont know the TYPHOON more of a match for your legacy aircraft. And the UK getting the same F-35 you Americans are.

Tiny and breakable? Im 6'2 and 240lb

Anyway there never will be a war. Not between USA/UK anyway.

Anyway stop with the caste system stuff most people in the EU are way beyond that.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
It's certainly an interesting study.

I would like whomever done this study to play Multi-Player games like COD or BF4. Many do not like Americans of any flavor.

Yeah... those kids don't like my Mom either for some reason. Not sure how they know her, she couldn't possibly get around all over the world like that but according to everyone on COD they have sodomized her before... weird.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Europe can't even keep its policies functioning without American tech ,weapons,OUR military (YOURS are just too...timid as a group anyway) also in case you HAVEN'T noticed .223 is YOUR caliber of military arm TOO (GUESS WHO MADE YOU TAKE IT?).
Your best aircraft is what a friggin TYPHOON? Please. we NEVER in our history had a caste system bred into our psyche.
YOU don't eat a lot of MEAT like we do so YOU are breakable and TINY people, we can tell by the cars and clothing sizes.Don't get the idea this latest faction will survive intact in America that want to be more LIKE you.

Seems to me you eat too much meat, it will kill you in time, not enough fruit and vegetables.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A fair chunk of that " American Tech " is owned by British Company BAE Systems:-

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think a lot of Yanks realise this.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The US remains very popular in the Western Hemisphere with exception of Argentina.

10-1 that Germany is lower in Arg. estimation right about now.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm much more interested in what the rest of the world thinks about American citizens,not the government.

Not everyone in the States lack basic knowledge of the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Razmijix
I'm much more interested in what the rest of the world thinks about American citizens,not the government.

This Canuck has been to Maine, NY state, Migh, Wash state, Ore, and Cali. Americans are the most hospitable, friendly and engaging people. They are so giving. It's a shame your political system sucks. Gives a good people a bad name.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If you have accurate knowledge of world events both past and present, you are a very rare breed of American indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

If you have accurate knowledge of world events both past and present, you are a very rare breed of American indeed.

Nice insult Monty.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Nice insult Monty.

Insult no

Fact yes

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Nice insult Monty.

Insult no

Fact yes

Thank god for keyboards.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

You know what they say about statistics ...

This of course, isn't correct ... it is if you focus your selection inside a given area, but inside "western europe", you're not welcome anymore. I'm sure the Ukranians love ya ... and I'm sure some nazi pricks love ya too. And muslims, they probably love ya.

But we, Europeans ... believe me, when I tell you ... we'll find a way, to get rid of you, just like we did Rome.

I do not believe you because you are one voice desperately crying in the wind. It would seem the rest of Europe does not agree with you. It is in fact where the US gets its second highest ratings. I do not know how Nazis poll as they did not send anybody back in time to find any. And the US scored very low among Muslims. All this of course you would know if you were capable reading more than paragraph.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The American government of the 21st century is now successor to the British government of the 19th century too many fingers in too many pies too many soldiers in other peoples countries. The thing about empires and empires by proxy is that they are always reviled and breed discontent unfortunately it seems America really didn’t learn anything from 1776.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Don't base your travel plans on those stats. Group is chaired by Madeleine K. Albright. Same woman that admitted killing 500,000 children in Iraq was worth it ..

www.pewglobal.org... :

The project is co-chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, currently principal, the Albright Stonebridge Group, and by former Senator John C. Danforth, currently partner, Bryan Cave LLP.

Although I cannot say with all certainty, from my experience, majority of asians dislike US with a passion.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Personally, I have no objection to the USA itself, but I think its government are a bunch of feckless, useless, immature, soft handed, work shy, and aloof bastards, the best of whom has no intention of representing the people that voted them into their positions, and the worst of whom are little more than mercenaries who wield pens rather than guns.

I must say I agree with everything you said and I am a proud American. But it is every single government on the planet not just ours.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join