It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been pulled from the bottom of your bed ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Yeah when I was a kid and didn't want to get up for school.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I've had the covers pulled off before. They would pull off slow and when I grabbed the blanket to pull them back up I could feel the force, whatever it was, pulling on them. Totally real. It was not just a case of the covers falling off the bed.

I know a guy who was napping on his couch when suddenly he felt a hand on his back. He thought it was his wife. Then, it jerked him off the couch and he fell onto the floor. His wife was outside at the time. He's still shaken by it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

Yeah when I was a kid and didn't want to get up for school.

Classic!!! LOL !!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar I haven't been pulled while I was in bed, but I have been touched. The only thing that would happen to me while in bed was that my covers would constantly be pulled off. Later found out they had only wanted to get my attention and no longer happens.

Yours though sounds malevolent. If it is actually a spirit....

edit on 19-7-2014 by kodasaufa because: I forgot

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Thanks for your comments. I agree, 100%. Even though my experience was so 'real' I'd swear it actually happened, I cannot rule out a sensory experience due to the hypnagogic state.

That's why I pretty much dismiss anecdotal accounts of 'paranormal' events that occur whether someone is in bed
in the wee hours, or taking a nap at noon. I'm not saying these events can all be attributed to hypnagogic hallucinations, but it's certainly a likely explanation.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: sled735
What I experienced was not any type of hallucination! I was wide awake when these invisible hands grabbed my ankles and pulled me down to the foot of the bed. I felt the hands but didn't see what it was.

its not possible for you to make this determination. If your brain is in an altered state, you cannot asses what is real or not real, what perspective will you judge from? Hypnogognia happens in stage 1 sleep, where its common for people to believe that they are still awake as these “paranormal” experiences happen to them. What the reality is though, is that the brain is starting to fall asleep, and the chemicals that make you dream start altering your perception. Again, if your perception is altered, you are not in a position to judge if your perception is altered. That's sort of like saying you can tell me what the moon looks like accurately while looking through a broken telescope.

Dude! I wasn't asleep! I had no more than than pulled the cover over me, then these hands grabbed me. PLEASE don't tell me it's impossible for me to determine whether I was awake, or not.
Is it that you just can't warp your mind around the fact that there are spiritual beings out there that are capable of this?!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: defcon5
Its a type of Hypnagognic halluciniation. Its pretty common, and used to happen to me from time to time, though I didn't feel like I was being pulled, but rather just sliding.

What I experienced was not any type of hallucination! I was wide awake when these invisible hands grabbed my ankles and pulled me down to the foot of the bed. I felt the hands but didn't see what it was.
I was young when this happened. Hasn't happened again.

me either, I was awake also, one of the more terrifying experiences of my life.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

I challenge you to go look around the web at the percentage of 'paranormal' experiences that start out with “I was laying in bed and...”, “I woke up and...”, or “I was meditating and...” So my point is to eliminate the obvious before blaming the paranormal.

I challenge you to come to my paranormal thread (click on my signature) and read through all 260+ pages of the different experiences members have had. Then tell me it was all just hypnogognia!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Thank you.
I wasn't asleep either. I slid off the elevated and tilted bed while I was wide awake, and scared out of my wits. (I actually saw the entity that was holding the bed, but that's another story.)
I just love it when people who don't know me try to tell me what actually happened, and what I actually witnessed.

edit on 19/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I just love it when people who don't know me try to tell me what actually happened, and what I actually witnessed.

I hear ya!!
Just wait. Everyone will have their own experience someday, then their scientific mind will shatter into a thousand pieces! They'll have to seek out people like us to ask what's going on?

edit on 7/19/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Do you feel that you DO know what's going on ? On the one hand someone says 'hypnogognia' and on the other some say they ended up on the floor whilst wide awake.
I'd much prefer that it was some kind of lucid dreaming but realise that there may be more to it than that.
One poster mentioned something was trying to get my attention. Why ? Also, that does not really explain why on one occasion after being yanked by my ankles i remember nothing more until i become awake again feeling a very cold hand letting go of my wrist. I felt like i had been taken and then put back to bed.
I don't have any of the usual alien abduction symptoms/memories that people speak of in such situations and do not believe that would be what's happening, before someone mentions it

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

Thank you.
I wasn't asleep either. I slid off the elevated and tilted bed while I was wide awake, and scared out of my wits. (I actually saw the entity that was holding the bed, but that's another story.)
I can sympathize with this because it felt real enough to me, so i see no reason to believe anything other than what you are saying, and really appreciate your and everyone elses input.

I'm still no closer to an answer though unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Do you sleep with your feet facing the door? Such as if you were to stand up from the foot of your bed you could walk directly out the room.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3

Do you sleep with your feet facing the door? Such as if you were to stand up from the foot of your bed you could walk directly out the room.

No, not directly facing the door but it is only a few feet from being directly in front. Why do you ask ?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3
Dear me, when will you guys finally realize that it doesn't matter whether you are sleeping with your foot at the door or wearing a white night gown, or pray to your almighty, when "they" want to visit you and want you to see them, you will.

Just keep having faith in what you were taught to believe in, that's all that matters, that's all that can keep you safe.
It's getting late in my neck of the woods.
Good night.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't recall having this done to me, although when I was younger I was convinced there was someone touching my head whilst I was in bed. I have also been awoken by an incredibly loud bang, as if someone was kicking the wall with industrial boots. The first time this happened my cat also noticed it, and fled in fear. There was nothing behind the door except for a pile of clothes that had been recently washed. Then on another occasion I woke up, fully awake and aware of my surroundings. It was early morning and when I looked outside the sky was exploding in flashes of green, like a huge pulse wave went from one end of the horizon to the other.

Anyway perhaps I am going off on a tangent a bit, so I'll get to my point..

Perhaps you could install some A/V recording equipment; ideally a night-vision camera with a good microphone. It sounds like a scary experience irrespective of whether the cause can be easily explained.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Many times when we feel like we are falling, or getting pulled whilst drifting off to sleep it's associated with an OBE. Or more like an involuntary OBE.

Awareness is key. And many people seem to be waking up these days.

Try not to freak out when this sensation or feeling happens, but rather stay calm and aware next time, because you are on the cusp of having an OBE.

Fun stuff that we are all entitled to.

Hear is a thread in which an OBE happened to me years ago and got me wondering.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace,

RT

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: ckhk3
Dear me, when will you guys finally realize that it doesn't matter whether you are sleeping with your foot at the door or wearing a white night gown, or pray to your almighty, when "they" want to visit you and want you to see them, you will.

Just keep having faith in what you were taught to believe in, that's all that matters, that's all that can keep you safe.
It's getting late in my neck of the woods.
Good night.

It's called.... culture. You have your beliefs and so does everyone else. Why knock on mines and others when you want to preach your own?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Just curious. In my culture it is taught that you don't ever sleep with your feet directly facing the door, because they will try to pull you out.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3

Just curious. In my culture it is taught that you don't ever sleep with your feet directly facing the door, because they will try to pull you out.

Who exactly are "they", and why do they want to pull you out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join