It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California couple faces fine for brown lawn after complying with water-saving rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I should have added a smiley face on my redneck post.

I have redneck pride!

I guess I could say that I wallow in it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Any excuse to grab money through fines and force; bureaucrats read from a script with little outside reason or common sense. If no water, lawns should be brown in a drought, no?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
California has so many laws or rules that you can't obey one without disobeying another? Talk about a liberal fail. This is to be expected.

And a fine for not keeping your lawn up? That's ridiculous anyway. California is not in America. They are on Mars.

It's ridiculous when you say this is a "liberal fail"...since it has nothing to do with "liberal anything"....this is about a small local governmental home-owners agency that doesn't want it's property values to drop due to brown lawns. Glendora thinks it's property owners will suffer financial catastrophe if they try and sell a property with brown grass....do a few locations have more water than others? of course...is all of California a bone dry desert? no....we here in California have to pull together to make it through this drought...you know, act like adults, instead of a 2 year old whining about not getting his candy bar.....by the way, that homeowner is not going to be fined

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Counter sue the state for allowing things to get so brown that they are having fires out there again.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

If the people install artificial turf they can have their lawn looking green all year round...that is your savings right there!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

According to the news story, it is Glendora that is threatening to fine the couple.
Glendora is a city incorporated in 1911 and they have a police department. They don't seem to be a homeowners association.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Screwed if you do, Screwed if you dont.....

and if your lucky you get a screw.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Conservation causes brown lawns.

But the kicker is to 'conserve' to save the planet.

The fact is the greener a lawn is the more co2 it takes from the atmosphere.

Also lawns act like natures own 'air conditioning' which helps 'cool'.

LOL I feel for the couple because the 'science' has been hijacked by fascisst's.

www.sod.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
is all of California a bone dry desert? no....we here in California have to pull together to make it through this drought

So there IS water on Mars?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
People in California - What is WRONG with you? You live in a drought stricken area. You know this. Are you just simply STUPID.. looks that way..here's a tip..

MOVE !

And BTW if enough people do move, what will happen to the property values then - it will make the cities in California reconsider their position.

This will tick you off. I own a condo for which I pay less than 300 dollars a month water and electricity included. I can run 1000 watt light bulbs 24/7 and I can let my water hose and faucets and showers run 24/7 too. I can waste more water in a day than you can see in a year! Do yourselves a favor and MOVE.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd never live in a controlled neighborhood, but I would also not sprinkle, or would use a wand set on the spray setting I use for hard to reach areas. During the fire here years ago, I sprinkled because I have asthma and not doing so would have killed me. There is no such thing as a law that is unreasonable or harms, that law is null and void and its every citizens duty to DISOBEY. Its actually a responsibility. Its a crime to obey unjust laws.

Also, in a situation like this, there aren't many people in Canada that would pay that fine, they'd be making the secretaries of the local representatives office cry, and there'd be some fast action by the representatives, because, thats what they're for, paid a big salary for that, and we have quite outspoken people in the communities and papers, city hall and usually things get solved.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Can't be bumped enough. My personal dog in the fight in
another state regarding an untouchable legal conundrum
has cost me half my career. When corruption is normal,
it can even extend to brown grass.
Rewind Jesus Christ. Repeat.. and a lot of times.
AYFKM is the next alphabet agency acronym heading down
the large intestine, I eliminate you not. U2U me for expand.

That crap and its cosmic significance to the proposed
savior is so cosmically ironic, I was inspired to compose a
lengthy and eloquent rant against my home state, the
well know corruption publicly underestimated through
fear of unofficial reprisals against the media hornblats.

But for now... and to avoid being branded as a potential
domestic terrorist for being marginally intelligent:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join