It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Removes Reporter After She Tweeted That Israelis Threatening Her Were “Scum”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There seems to be some news outlets engaging in the reassigning journalists in the Israel/Gaza conflict. First, was Ayman Mohyeldin of NBC, who reported on the Israeli killings of 4 children in Gaza. He was pulled due to apparent 'security reasons' (but was later replaced).

Now, we have CNN pulling Diana Magnay for calling some Israeli people 'scum', after they had threatened her for reporting on their cheering of IDF strikes in Gaza. Granted, Diana Magnay acted in an unprofessional manner in calling them 'scum', and probably did deserve being reassigned. Regardless, i thought it would be an interesting addition to the current debates on ATS, especially considering the role of which the media plays in these instances, and the perception of their activities in the reporting of this 'war'.

Please note: Just because i have proceeded to post this, and have recently posted a thread detailing a similar incident, does not mean i am anti-Israel or anything. I would ask of those members who are more inclined to cast assertions of others, to refrain from doing so. This is due to the topic being less about the members here, and more about the conduct of journalists when faced with such instances.

My personal opinion? While i, myself, would have been bothered by any threats against myself for the reporting of news, i definitely think it unwise for one to publicly express their opinion about the matter, or act in an unprofessional manner. This journalist engaged in unprofessional activity, and ultimately, was reassigned by CNN. They reassigned her to Moscow.

Here's a video surrounding the preceding events, which had seemed to have sparked the threats against her and her team:

Here is her tweet, which she later deleted:

Link:

www.buzzfeed.com...

- Daas
edit on 18-7-2014 by daaskapital because: link

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
She forgot the first rule when working for the media here in America. Thou shalt not Speak ill of the Israelis or Israel. 'To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.' Voltaire

Just look at how the media is making excuses for Israel killing those kids on the beach that shows how our media is when it comes to Israel.
edit on 18-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
rianna pulled a pro-palestine tweet a few days back
shilling is one-way traffic only

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
True colors coming out I see.. Threatening to destroy the jounalists car because they don't like truth, I can only imagine what they say to Palestinians when their not cheering for bombs being dropped on Palestinian heads.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Eventually the truth will triumph. You can't hide the fact you're identical to nazis for too long.

Journalist as a whole, should be ashamed to be called that.
Most American journalist are just parrots repeating what they've been programmed to say by their masters.

If you ever happen to say the truth, well that's it for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I often say the neocons are still in control.

Who are the neocons?

hugequestions.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
rianna pulled a pro-palestine tweet a few days back
shilling is one-way traffic only

I just read about that. After 8 minutes she deleted it.
Probably because of the Zionist pressure and supporting brown people getting massacred is bad for business.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So reporters are being threatened by Israelis if they show the truth about what Israel is doing and how the Israelis are cheering and celebrating the genocide? Such leaders of peace and humanity, aren't they?

You would think that reporters would be interviewed and made sure they are Zionists before sending them in as damage control for the terrorist Israelis. Most news medias are saturated with Israeli Zionists. We need a neutral news media who don't work for Israel and their Zionist causes.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It used to be the case that journalists were expected to be neutral in their reporting and just report the facts. Reporters, unless specifically designated, are not supposed to be their own editorial departments. There's a well-marked place for that. But it's quite obvious that news agencies such as CNN, in particular, espouse a left-wing pro-Palestinian point of view every chance they get. This reporter is obviously in that vein and simply crossed over that invisible line of obviousness most hide behind most of the time.

ATS typically can't trip over itself fast enough to support the left wing. as we see here. If the Holocaust happened today and 8 million Jews were systematically gassed to death, you'd be saying it was an unfortunate excess caused by the fog of war and an isolated incident.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Before I really kept an eye on world events I never watched American news, and once I started watching it I found the experience very bizarre. Maybe Americans are just used to it, but I found it absolutely amazing that the reporters give you their opinion of the news instead of just reporting it.

ETA: I'm not saying our media (BBC for me) has any more truth to it, and they can certainly still manipulate without voicing their views, but I just found it weird that they (the anchors) are so opinionated over there.
edit on 18-7-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The video above has a report with Wolf Blitzer as the lead anchor. Unbeknownst to most, Wolf Blitzer was a former employee of both the Jerusalm Post and AIPAC.

The American media has a blatant pro-Israel bias.

But I'm not exactly sure why especially since Israeli newspapers are often critical of the Israeli government.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Terrorists hate it when you expose them for what they really are.
This whole bit it seems is exposing more chinks in the israeli armor though, soon everybody will know what is going on over there.
We will reach a critical mass.
Soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But it's quite obvious that news agencies such as CNN, in particular, espouse a left-wing pro-Palestinian point of view every chance they get. This reporter is obviously in that vein and simply crossed over that invisible line of obviousness most hide behind most of the time.

She said nothing pro Palestinian just what she thought of the scumbags who said they would destroy her car. Let's see some proof of their pro Palestinian point of view.

ATS typically can't trip over itself fast enough to support the left wing. as we see here. If the Holocaust happened today and 8 million Jews were systematically gassed to death, you'd be saying it was an unfortunate excess caused by the fog of war and an isolated incident.

And if the Palestinians were gassed to death you would have people on here saying that it was their fault.
edit on 18-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
She forgot the first rule when working for the media here in America. Thou shalt not Speak ill of the Israelis or Israel. 'To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.' Voltaire

Just look at how the media is making excuses for Israel killing those kids on the beach that shows how our media is when it comes to Israel.

She just needed few days at ATS. Once outta here she would be a die hard jewish supporter. lol

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I think she's absolutely right in what she said and she has every right to say what she did.
They threatened her life because they didn't want to be seen cheering people's deaths.... they are scum.

They would be scum no matter their ethnicity or religion.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Nonsense!
2nd Line? Don't let the door slam you in the arse on the way out, then.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why oh why would anyone listen to The Caballa News Network( CNN ) when it comes to information about Israel. It's more than obvious their agenda CNN that is is on the side of Israel, you know the folks who write their checks. To see Wolf Blitzer running for cover, was about as fake as that last Godzilla movie. Israel, will in the end, eradicate the folks in Palestine., as we the rest of the world sits and watches........and does nothing. We are watching genocide take place and it's being blamed on the ones who are doing the dying. And that's a goddamn shame.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Get your math correct. 6 Million PEOPLE died in the holocaust. Not 8 million Jews. Add all the Jews up that were in Germany and the surrounding countries and you get no where near 6 million Jews. It's a propaganda lie Israel has used since 1948. When the world gave them Palestine and the eradication began. This 6 million Jews died stuff is getting downright comical. To many census reports from that time period to lay this lie to rest. Not directed toward you JohnnyCanuck to the one you replied to. Just to clarify. Getting any milage out of that STS patch I sent you?a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

edit on 18-7-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Of course NBC had to pull that guy for security reasons. They were probably concerned that Mossad was gonna "accident" the guy so they had to get him outta there to save his life. You never know what a shark will do once the feeding frenzy/bloodbath has started. In fact NBC probably received messages saying get this guy out of here if you value his life. Just like the girls life was threatened I'm almost sure his would have been too, for failing to always show Isreal in a positive light. Maybe she wasn't so much reassigned for saying "scum" but because they knew her life truly was in danger...
edit on 7/20/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/20/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It seems to me that Israel is in the middle of a ground war with 10's of thousands of troops. Each of those troops have their own motivations, perceptions and bias within the structure of carrying the means to end life on a whim or judgement call.

Enter into this, members of the media all but embedded with the enemy which Israeli troops are fighting here and it seems to transcend right or wrong of the conflict. If a squad of Israeli troops kick down a door to a room full of Hamas officers and a couple media people, what happens? If one of those media people happen to stick hard in the mind of a young trooper? You might see an "oops" moment of snap judgement in a split second situation, leading to the erasure of one member of the media.

It also seems to me, the more widely known it is that a specific individual of the "unbias" media has become extremely bias, the more likely the above scenario would be to see play out, purely by 'accident'. Leaving the outspoken or poorly spoken reporters in place would leave their American bosses liable for foreseeable consequence, wouldn't it?

top topics

join