It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Putin's plane might have been the target for Ukrainian missile - sources

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well here's an interesting angle coming from RT.

Malaysian Airlines MH17 plane was travelling almost the same route as Russia’s President Vladimir Putin’s jet shortly before the crash that killed 295, Interfax news agency reports citing sources.

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.

"The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical", the source added.

Now that is one helluva statement. Of course the source is protected but it would make for quite a story. All things considered, any narrative being offered from either side should be taken with a grain of salt.

Source

Here is a pic that shows a side-by-side.

edit on 17-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You got a link to that please?

2nd line

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
You got a link to that please?

2nd line

Yeah that would help huh?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Interesting piece of data you bring to the table.
Waiting for the infill to support it, but there are few coincidences in the geopolitical realm.

Targeting a sovereign leader for assassination is certainly an act of war.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Huh.
Now, what country could possible have a reason for wanting to shoot down Putin's plane?

Our own president did say " this may have been a tragedy".....

'May'? As in 'Almost"?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Unless it was some sort of military coup, it seems impossible for separatists to not just take out an airliner that they thought was Putin's, but to actually get that close. Even off by 37 minutes is too close I imagine. I just think the layers of security would make that impossible.

I hope this isn't one of those incidents that pops off the big show.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Interesting piece of data you bring to the table.
Waiting for the infill to support it, but there are few coincidences in the geopolitical realm.

Targeting a sovereign leader for assassination is certainly an act of war.

The implications are frightening but in reality either narrative being offered right now doesn't seem to bode well for any hope of genuine peace anytime soon. In fact, with recent events on the ground in Gaza and Ukraine cranking up add to that of course US ISIL conscripts moving into Syria and we are heading for quite the # storm.

It appears as though the positioning of the chess pieces are complete and position for center is taking place. There's no going back now.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Looks like we just stepped back to the Cold War,
Assassination attempt by the CIA most probably,

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Huh.
Now, what country could possible have a reason for wanting to shoot down Putin's plane?

Our own president did say " this may have been a tragedy".....

'May'? As in 'Almost"?

yes, and it may yet still.

All I know is that I can feel the kinetic energy build up that has been growing for too long. It also wouldn't surprise me that either of these narratives are correct and in fact it really is the missing Malaysia flight and Russia knowing this is spinning it back on them.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
well if they were shooting at putins plane is it not assumed that his plane is kitted out comparably to air force one with radar jamming/spoofing flares and whatnot,could they have been shooting at his plane and then the missile lost lock and re-locked onto the civilian airliner? and does any one have any clue who launched it and what type of missile it was for sure yet?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfens

Unless it was some sort of military coup, it seems impossible for separatists to not just take out an airliner that they thought was Putin's, but to actually get that close. Even off by 37 minutes is too close I imagine. I just think the layers of security would make that impossible.

I hope this isn't one of those incidents that pops off the big show.

The separatists wouldn't have been the culprits as they are allied with Putin, besides Ukrainian Army has BUK missiles and separatists don't. There are reports though that the separatists did acquire decommissioned BUK systems.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What a joke. Putin's people shoot down a civilian passage plane and now we are supposed to suspect that it was Ukraine doing it by mistake and they were really after Putin? Wake up people! This is RT at it's finest.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

What he said

RT is rubbish. Lies like a cheap rug. This is more Russian propaganda to try and cover the fact that the plane was shot down by Russian rebels using Russian missiles. Putin is a liar.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Add in the fact that CNBC reported that President Obama was flying on AF1 when the call took place:

White House spokesman Josh Earnest, briefing reporters on Obama's Air Force One flight from Washington to Delaware, said Obama was briefed by his advisers on the crash and directed top U.S. officials to remain in close contact with Ukrainian officials.

Source

It is my understanding that Obama was in Martha's Vineyard on vacation so, could it be that the news mixed up which president was in flight?

…and isn't it strange to be on a call with Obama at the same time Obama is issuing a warning to Putin over Ukrain by threatening more sanctions.

President Barack Obama warned Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday that the United States and its allies are prepared to impose additional sanctions on Moscow if it does not change course in Ukraine.

Same source as above

Hmmmm, just established the BRICS bank, warnings from the US and NATO, jets at same place same time….

Assassination attempt on Putin gone bad? Last person to hear Putin's voice (if went according to theory) Obama.

This smells….
edit on 17-7-2014 by notmyrealname because: Typo again

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins

What a joke. Putin's people shoot down a civilian passage plane and now we are supposed to suspect that it was Ukraine doing it by mistake and they were really after Putin? Wake up people! This is RT at it's finest.

It is plausible, but I think he is just trying to take the heat off the fact he started this whole mess.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
scant ammount of info i could find on his plane

www.home-designing.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

would assume any info on defensive counter measures would be classified

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Everyone is denying responsibility, but separatist posted that they had shot it down with pictures, then I guess when they realized it was not the plane they thought it was they deleted the post on a Russian Facebook page.

or something like that

edit on 023131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
'Well here's an interesting angle coming from RT. '

Enough said.

Coming from the ministry of propaganda of Russia.

Meh

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
the MH17 was in a 'flight corridor' to Malaysia, and above 30,000 ft altitude
which rules out Man Pacs or shoulder fired Stinger missiles/RPGs...

only a sophisticated SAM could accomplish a 30K altitude on that particular flight corridor ... direct hit
a very sophisticated accomplishment

but a on-board Jihadist with some sort of bomb who sat directly above the 'wings' fuel storage tanks...might be the answer

it seems that Malaysia is being a focus for intimidation... perhaps to send a warning to India/Indonesia/etc.
that they better join in Jihad or suffer the consequences (such as MH340 & MH17)

I might expect the Martyr on the flight needed only a watch to signal him to trigger the device over Ukraine...because the data is available to everyone astute enough to do-the-math.... (560mph from Stockholm...and perhaps another 30 minute window would have made the 'crash' in East Asia instead of Ukraine, and be less spectacular
edit on th31140562847417212014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins

originally posted by: neo96
'Well here's an interesting angle coming from RT. '

Enough said.

Coming from the ministry of propaganda of Russia.

Meh

This.
edit on 7/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: now back to my sabbatical from ATS--it's amazing how sanity returns after a while away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join