It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order 13662: Obama uses his pen to ban AK47's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Honestly......what the hell are you talking about.

It appears not to be an important issue to you, so to carry on is feeding interweb troll activity. Perhaps you haven't experienced fear within those you love trapped within these communities who actually hear these weapons going off regularly and so their experiences are not important to you.

To me they are. I feel the fear. In fact I was in one of these "communities" as you label them weeks ago with some female friends nice people trapped in these communities and their children were playing in the street also some of my family nieces were as well ALL little girls under 12 years of age. It got a little dark and some ignorant being began to fire off in the darkness his rounds and scared every child / little girls and women inside as the ignorant one vanished out of site and hit no one but the noise chopping away was enough to install a reminded fear within those who ran that it is not safe in these weapon governed communities. not even inside home for these weapons go thru walls. In fact I lost a aunt to this pathetic violence and this was years ago. She was doing laundry walking up her basement steps and another ignorant being was doing a drive by out side her home in the "community" and unfortunately one of the stray 7.62 made it into her home penetrated 1 or more walls and took her life. So I don't take this topic as a joke in no way?
edit on 7/18/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Fylgje

How could this be a violation of the constitution?!?
It is a trade sanction, he is not taking away your ability to have the gun, just who you can buy it from.

That's just another form of it. Obama knows this. They will also do the same thing with ammo. They're covering their bases. As an American, I should be able to buy a gun from any legitimate source from anywhere in the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

a reply to: neo96

Oh, I know this one................it is the shooting at..................................um........................Wait wait wait, it is...................................

Look at the Urban communities within the states death tolls - shootings in some of the larger cities. This should provide more data on how these weapons affect in mass many communities...

Almost everyone I know owns assault rifles and not one mass shooting here that I know of. AK's and AR's are big in rural places.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

And gangs? What does your data produce of their EVERYDAY death kill attacks? Not talking rural talking urban, where shots are fired regularly around innocent and police are not there until many moments later as with the situation I shared I didn't see any for approx. 10-15 minutes AFTER the whole street cleared and those ignorant know the rounds that are taken by the police and know how to avoid them. Hence why no one calls them for they know there is chance it gets back to shooter and now they are next target.

And no this isn't a police rant I am aware some are good others carry gang mentality & WONT snitch on their own observed doing illegal activity and will perform nefarious acts behind the badge...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I say again, what the hell are you talking about?

Who calls the AK platform "choppers"?

AS for the community you used as an example.....what does that mean to me? Sounds like a real crap hole, made a crap hole by the people, not a firearm.

Or, are you suggesting that the firearm became alive, and helped these people degrade into what they are today.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The communities most live in don't tolerate gangs.

Nor do they blame inanimate objects for their woes.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Who calls the AK platform "choppers"?

Part of the nations culture

macman, again I cannot engage. YOU WIN its a non issue

The communities most live in don't tolerate gangs.

Nor do they blame inanimate objects for their woes.

Agreed no one said they do tolerate they cannot do anything but sit and accept this is the life they are given. FOR NOW...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Part of the nations culture
:

And what is that exactly???

There is a HUGE issue with people that are afraid of firearms, and the ignorant lies that they have been fed.
Ignorance will almost always produce invalid fear.
Actually getting terms, words, actions and laws defined correctly is the first step to reducing ignorance.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Ban the importation of a cheaper product and suddenly the price goes sky high here in America. Most Americans are barely scraping by as is

Including American gun makers because cheap asshole gun fetishists only want their fix. Is it really that hard to support your own community?
edit on 7/18/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

"Snitches get stitches" doesn't help them

Not that I am a proponent of contacting the same police that has traumatized you as well. But if one is to take the stance of "snitches get stitches"....why take the stance of "for now"?

I don't typically call the police. But I also don't demand laws that take freedoms away from all because of the actions of a few.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

bigfatfurrytexan, from observations many are not even processing that mentality within these inhabited zones. They are more so in fear because they know there is a big chance the killer or its associates will retaliate on those who attempt to relay information's to the police (even though) @ the tops of certain social pyramid schemes there are some extremely illegal who relay on certain law enforcement agencies for information and data in order for them to remain at top...

Those in the bottoms of the same social pyramid schemes who may not be aware of how those up top operate follow that snitches get stiches code. Those within these zones who are actually good people citizens are aware of the harm that can be done to them or those they love, so they more less chose not to interfere then tell out of safety. Logically they know an officer wont stand in front of their house 24/7 and guard them and know once the LEO leaves the scene they are in direct danger of ignorance... Others unfortunately take these situations into their own hands which encourages more death / violence as they retaliate for those they cared for or loved who were slain. Vicious cycle bigfatfurrytexan, vicious and psychologically damaging when you realize nothing can be done and they rule w/ their weapons. Sort of like being in Sudan w/ no where to go or hide from the ignorance. This is a global issue its just formulated different per land mass. Perhaps why 1 is receptive to this energy is because a change may exist on the horizon which will reflect the exact ignorance distributed that produces more fear. As the kings or captains or free man sit in luxury and watch the news feeds of their regions of control. With so many followers and limited leaders its basically an easy game for the controllers...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you observe series first 48 for example you get a feel of how much the illusion exist. As one moment they are cold hearted killers? then next telling on their co defendants and crying and so the illusion of bravado hiding group think crowd following ignorance's... If only the youth could understand before being indoctrinated.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

As an American, I should be able to buy a gun from any legitimate source from anywhere in the world.

Russia, one of our enemies, is a legitimate source?? This is about trying to get america to not support an enemy, plain and simple.
And what right covers your ability to buy, not own as the second covers, but buy it from who ever you want?
You do not have the right to go and purchase a gun from who ever you deem "legitimate"

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Choppers???? Is that like a Ghost Gun? Or a 30 clip magazine?

Choppers are either helicopters, or raked our motorcycles.

Wrong, a "chopper" was a term use for the tommy gun back in the 50's or so.
Got the name for chopping people down in the streets. Common slang term now for a gun in general, or more so something fully auto.
www.gunslot.com...

edit on thFri, 18 Jul 2014 15:15:42 -0500America/Chicago720144280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thFri, 18 Jul 2014 15:16:44 -0500America/Chicago720144480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sorry I disagree but to each its own...

Maybe that's where the term started

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

50s terminology used for 2014???

Having been in the Firearms Industry for a while now, I have yet to hear anyone use this term.

SO..........................

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What is there to disagree about?? That is where the term "Chopper", as far as guns go, was coined.
That is all I wanted to add, shoot my comment wasn't even directed towards you in anyway...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

SO....................................
Ignore the past cause it doesn't fit what you think? Sorry bud, chopper was used to describe a tommy gun LONG before it was used to describe any kind of motorcycle.
And i doubt that no one in your industry knows that a chopper is a tommy gun.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It depends on how people define an 'AK-47''.

Since the ban of 1986 full auto ak's new ones that is have been 'banned'.

Any ak-47s that were already here were 'grandfathered' so to speak.

But still since they are full auto are subject to federal background checks, and waiting lists, and paying that famous $200 tax stamp.

Then a person be cleared by the Feds has to get cleared by local LEO.

Now what is currently being imported is the SEMI auto version.

That no one who knows a modicum about firearms would really call an 'AK'.

Semi and Full auto are different 'animals'.

Intentionally misleading people is the current potus SOP.

And there is that pesky little fact that the number one thing used in 'gun violence' is the hand gun.

Not that made up term 'assault' weapon that no LEO or military service member would ever carry in to combat.

It does not matter what it is, the ban is on where it comes from. This is part of the santions on Russia. So all the AK clones from eastrn europe, China ect. are not effected.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

We used to have that right. All these lunatic sanctions do is create a bigger black market than there already is. And I actually don't see Russia as Americas "enemy". I think Ukraine is.

I have the right to buy a gun anywhere it is legal, including the many gun shows who travel all over the US. They always have large selections of AK's and whatnot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join