It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order 13662: Obama uses his pen to ban AK47's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

i think it is more of a trade embargo type of viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

How could this be a violation of the constitution?!?
It is a trade sanction, he is not taking away your ability to have the gun, just who you can buy it from.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Even if he’s not directly banning the Ak this could be the first step in a full blown ban. Banning the trade of something today could the first step in banning it all together tomorrow.

What’s next though. I bet you he’s starting small with the AK ban from Russia now. Tomorrow he bans us from buying Russian surplus ammo (which is all I’m usually able to find for a reasonable price).

I feel this is just as powerful as a full blown ban on AK and semi auto rifles because now he’s not only creating more demand for them JIC they get banned but hes also limiting the supply causing a price increase and making it unaffordable for most people.

I like my AR way more than my AK but i bought my Ak first because I was on a tight budget at the time.

Think about it this way people are starting to wake up now more than ever and the first thing most are realizing is that when SHTF your going to need a gun. Not just a pistol or shotgun but a rifle. The best budget rifle and great starter rifle I would say is the AK47 (Some will argue the SKS but i think there garbage). Now most starting preppers would rather opt for the 350-500 dollar AK over the 600 to 1000+ AR. So by Obama limiting the options America now has for a cheap reliable semi auto rifle he has somewhat quelled the ability for the younger generation just waking up person to put tyranny stopping power in there hands. So it may not be an all out ban on the weapon itself but its defiantly an assault on it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They can buy the American Junk....we need not support these other countries regardless if you feel it's their choice..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
But Obama in all his wisdom has decided to ban the AK 47 here in the US.

Sure about that?

Did you even bother to read that EO? Obviously not.

That EO was signed back on the 24/3/14, nearly 4 months ago.
www.gpo.gov...

Where does that EO even mention the AK 47?

You can buy one here www.gunbroker.com... if you want to.

So all because Alex Jones makes a silly claim some people believe it!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nothing in those links says to me that the AK is banned. I own 3, none of them russian made though, my uncle is a gun smith. He's merely prohibiting the import of rifles made by certain places, Russian made. Which I feel is in line with the sanctions he's making against Russia. To me, a little like, Russia won't sell us rockets or help us get to the space station soon enough, well fine we won't import other things from you! I know things go way beyond this, just an example.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Send your spent brass to me if the Russian ammo is banned. I'll reload it for you
, I don't waste much time as of now reloaded 7.62 because of the cheapness.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: neo96

Oh, I know this one................it is the shooting at..................................um........................Wait wait wait, it is...................................

Look at the Urban communities within the states death tolls - shootings in some of the larger cities. This should provide more data on how these weapons affect in mass many communities...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Glorified as the infamous Choppers
And why are they called choppers? because they are acknowledged to _chop you down_
Some observing statistically (outside) may not understand how much these weapons govern and so ignore their impact over the years on the YOUTH and the communities they control...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Same weapon outside of the "Urban communities" affected so much does not produce the same results.

It is not the firearm's fault.

Seems your statement shows exactly the issue. The community.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Choppers???? Is that like a Ghost Gun? Or a 30 clip magazine?

Choppers are either helicopters, or raked our motorcycles.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Yes, it can fire thirty bullets in half a second and I have six of these.

Jealous?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Choppers are either helicopters, or raked our motorcycles.

Your awareness on this serious situation has been confirmed

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, I am.

Just another example of someone in Govt going Full Potato.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well thanks.

You know there was a guy I knew, Kevin, he wasn't really a bright guy, but he made it pretty high up the Govt ladder. He was elected a couple of times, and had a wonderful way with the public and the media. He was able to wordsmith his way to the public and they were in awe of him.

Then, he held a news conference, and went Full Retard.
Not only did he speak incoherently on a topic he knew nothing about, he created new and bedazzling terms and statements.
He spoke of the evils of the "Ghost Gun". It is this magical firearm that is invisible to Govt agencies, was created by Unicorns and could fire .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. And solidified this with stating thirty magazine clip in half a second.

There was also a woman from the same village, named Carolyn, who rallied against firearms equipped with barrel shrouds. You know, these are the things that that awful Predator used against Dutch and his group of elite commandos in the jungle.

Such horrible weapons and their accessories MUST be stopped.

And those damn Choppers.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You know, these are the things that that awful Predator used against Dutch and his group of elite commandos in the jungle.

Were is Ol' Painless when you need it? So much ignorance to hose down.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

originally posted by: buster2010
Why is a person complaining about infringed American rights because they can't buy a foreign made weapon? Buy American!!!

You want Serbian when it comes to AK's.

Obama just wants to ban certain imports. There's already a lot of AK's here, though. But either way, this is in violation of the US Constitution and no American should stand for it.

No it isn't a violation of the Constitution. You are still able to buy firearms here in the US are you not? You can still buy AK's here in the states just not Russian made ones. In no way does the Constitution support where weapons are made.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

I wont even debate with you as your awareness is exposed on this SERIOUS ISSUE. The masonic like wordplay in your recent post is irrelevant this is a issue in the United States and shouldn't be joked with at all as many are killed maimed from these weapons but hey its the communities fault so who cares right?

Carry on with your rant and jokes about a word you are ignorant too, but I wont feed for I have no reason to do so. I KNOW just how that petty word has overtaken many youths mind states to the point the YOUTH feel they all need them but that's not an issue is it

edit on 7/18/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Honestly......what the hell are you talking about.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

No the ghost gun is way more sinister. It fires a 30 caliber round and can unload 30 clip magazines in half a second. That gives it an effective 108k rpm cyclic rate. Never mess with a ghost gun

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join