It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two suspects one hostage shot BY THE COPS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Says it all...

And we're 1,000 times more likely to suffer harm at the hands of lawless politicians who believe themselves to be well above the law.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus
2. Guys shoot hostage and toss them out of car on freeway.

Since the cops were also shooting into the car, how do you know for sure that the "guys" shot the hostages and not the cops?

Obviously they learned real quick that having a hostage doesn't keep you from being shot at by the police.

4. Guys stop car, start shooting at cops with an AK-47 while using a hostage as a shield.

And this is supposed to reinforce your argument how? If there is an innocent involved as a shield, wouldn't it be better to maybe not shoot that innocent?

Your post makes you look like you hate before you think.

Nope. Just wish that cops could do their jobs without killing innocent people to make their job easier.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

They don't make a gas they can shoot into the car that will knock them out?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
I am just wondering how many of the "8" are actually criminals in the act of commiting a crime. I understand what this is tryinhg to say, but there was that deal were the cops butchered some muslim teen in socal and they capped off over 100 rounds and only 15 hit the target? Don't you think they should do something like take the guns away from ALL those cops, find out which cops actally hit the target give all those guys they're guns back, and find the cops that hit NOTHING but BACKGROUND targets, and fire them. But the cops will never do that. They don't want you to know how bad with firearms they really ARE !

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I presume that the car cannot run forever. I also presume that police can maintain a non-line of sight distance on the ground while air support provides the information needed for location. Now, I am a big opponent of militarizing police....but this isn't military type operations. It is standard police practice in many metropolitan areas.

The thing is, police chases put the public in greater danger than just letting them go. Fender benders, wasted time from emergency crews, etc, etc, etc. The only reason I can imagine to actively pursue someone would be if you don't have air support available.

Of course, police cars stand out like a sore thumb. Not sure why that is. I guess so that people can see what their tax dollars provide?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

Those poorly trained cops put a whole hell of a lot more people in danger with their antics.

What's even more sad is there are people defending them.

The cops behaved carelessly...

CARELESSLY... WITH GUNS!

Like someone else said earlier, these cops have a Call-of-Duty video game mentality these days.

And people are DEFENDING IT!

What is going on?

Where did everyone go?

Who are all these new entities?

Scary...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Wish they did have such a gas. Might stop a lot of killings, at least until some roid cop figures out how to use it as a punishment.

I listened to this on Scanner Radio as it unfolded. Things were crazy. As the chase neared the end, dispatch was advising SWAT was en-route, and officer's were not to engage. The officer that was calling the chase kept telling other officer's to back off, and then requested they turn off their sirens. Apparently, many officer's did not back off. When the officer calling the chase stated the vehicle had stopped, his radio was still keyed and numerous shots could be heard. The same officer began screaming over the radio to cease fire. As SWAT arrived, it was clear that nothing was moving in the car. Not sure if this was actually the end, but shortly thereafter, I turned it off, feeling it was over.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just remember everyone.

The next time you happen to be taken against your will by a criminal. The cops will NOT do anything in their power to help YOU.

They only care about themselves.

Oh...and people will defend it when they kill you just to make their jobs easier. Pathetic POS.

edit on 17-7-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy

originally posted by: SilverStarGazer
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

If you take a look at a map of the area you will see how impossible a road block would be. Stockton isn't a small town and is flanked by 2 major freeways I5 and 99 both which were used in the chase. Add on top of that Stockton's bankruptcy issues and the decreased funding for all public works including police and fire.

So let's just shoot up hostages to make our job easier?

2 out of the 3 hostages are alive. You know how many would be alive if the cops hadn't intervened? ZERO. I don't know where you live but I spent most of my life in Stockton. The gangs are ruthless and have no problem hurting people, shooting people or using them as human shields. Look up the murder of my friend Kelly Freed. She was killed by Stockton gangbangers when they opened fire on a car she was in because the driver signaled to them that their headlights where out. Check the crime and gang stats on Stockton.

You can continue to be self righteous and condemn everything LEOs do but you look really ignorant when you spout off based on sensationalism. You're disrespecting the life of a woman who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is NOT the same as beating or shooting someone in handcuffs or pepper spraying peaceful protesters. If the cops hadn't pursued that car, that woman would have had ZERO chance of living. It's a messed up situation for sure, but I truly believe the cops weren't intentionally trying to hurt that woman which is the difference here.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

So, since there was a chance that the hostages would be shot anyway, let's just throw all caution to the wind and shoot em up?

Like I said......anything to make their job easier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join