It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian terrorist shoot down Malaysian passanger plane over Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A Malaysian airliner reportedly with 295 people on board has crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border, on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

Malaysia Airlines said it had lost contact with Flight MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukraine, it said in a tweet.

An aviation source in Moscow told Reuters the plane had been found burning on the ground in east Ukraine.

Separatist rebels have been fighting government forces in the region.

line
Analysis: Jonathan Beale, BBC News
A defence expert has told the BBC that shooting down a plane at 10,000m (9.7 miles) would have required a long- range surface-to-air missile - possibly guided by radar.

That suggests it is unlikely it could have been downed by a portable air defence missile, or Manpad, which has a much shorter range.

The only other possibility is for an aircraft at that height to be downed by a fighter carrying air-to-air missiles.

The US will have access to satellite imagery that should be able to identify ultra-violet plumes if a long-range surface-to-air missile was fired.

line
A number of Ukrainian military planes have been shot down by missiles in recent weeks. Ukraine has accused Russia's military of supplying advanced missiles to the rebels.

Earlier on Thursday, Ukrainian officials blamed the Russian air force for shooting down one of its ground attack jets on Wednesday.

Malaysia Airlines planes on runway (file)
Malaysia Airlines in Kuala Lumpur said it had lost contact with the plane
Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, was quoted by the Associated Press as saying the plane had been hit by a missile at an altitude of 10,000m (33,000ft). The claim could not be verified independently.

The source which spoke to Reuters about burning wreckage on the ground said the plane had failed to enter Russian airspace.

The UK Foreign Office said it was aware of the reports of the crash and was "urgently working to establish what has happened".

www.bbc.com...

Maybe its time for some international anti-terrorist operation against Putin?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow1024
Or maybe it's time for you to quit post false information.
Nothing has been proven yet, so...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
On top of that the thread has already been opened almost 30 seconds after news of the crash was published.

Learn to use ATS search people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-7-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OP why dont you apply some critical thinking here and get your head out of your ass? Is it more likely Putin wanted self destruction by ordering the downing of an airliner or is it more likely the failing Ukrainian government shot it down in order to drum up international support where they failed to do so last time. The later is much more likely. I suppose you think Putin himself shot it down with an AK. Gimme a break.

link   

assumptions, emotional baiting and false information. Tools of the trade for shills. yawn.

link   
What is with the hate? It looks like this person is just posting the latest thing being reported. Yes, it could have been added to another, but geez.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Story is still developing. Some are saying it was a mistake and they didn't realize it was a passenger plane.

This is really sad for the families and those on board. And Malaysia Airlines is not catching a break at all!

No doubt this will bring about a global decision on what might happen for Ukraine

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's on the tv dude. Flying at over 30K this couldn't ha e been misidentified as a military threat. That's cruising altitude. a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Put some ice in your hats everyone.Both parties better post some tracking info,
with radar signatures.
-F-

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You seem to have a grudge against Russia based upon the fact you have commented anti-russian statements in two of the 4 total threads that you have responded to in ATS; the other 2 threads are regarding 'pre per' subjects. I can see that this could be a coincidence or possibly that you only care about these subjects or that you are or want dialog with preppers. Maybe you just don't like Russia. The point here is that you seem to be forming a very clear pattern which is starting to make you look like a shill (possibly paid).

Try to keep your speculation on who does what to comments which use the word speculation instead of jumping to ill prepared conclusions. You are net fooling many/anyone here.

The above is my opinion.
edit on 17-7-2014 by notmyrealname because: typo idiot me….

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The separatist do have access to the type of SAM capable of downing an aircraft at such a height. The Malaysian Boeing 777 was flying at 33,000 feet (I've just checked the height on Flightradar24). The separatists have been boasting for weeks now that they have captured Ukrainian SA-11 Buks.

DONETSK, June 29, /ITAR-TASS/. Self-defence forces of the Donetsk People’s Republic have taken control over a missile defence army unit equipped with Buk missile defence systems, the press service of the Donetsk People’s Republic told Itar-Tass on Sunday.

So far, no details are available about the number and condition of the missile systems taken over by the self-defence forces. The press service refused to comment.The Buk missile defence system is a mobile medium-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) system designed to defend field troops and logistics installations against air threats in conditions of heavy electronic countermeasures and intense enemy fire.

en.itar-tass.com...

Donetsk militia takes control of Ukrainian anti-air installation

The self-defense forces of Donetsk People’s Republic seized control of a Ukrainian anti-air military installation, RIA Novosti reports.

"The forces of Donetsk People’s Republic assumed control of A-1402 military base," the militia's representative said. According to him, it is an anti-aircraft missile forces facility equipped with Buk mobile surface-to-air missile systems.
During the last several days the militia took control of two internal security troops' installations in eastern Ukraine.

Voice of Russia Link
edit on 17/7/2014 by tommyjo because: malformed link corrected

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
I know that dudette, but to claim in the title that either side shot this play down without actual proof is to say the least unresponsible.
We OKay?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

You seem to have a grudge against Russia based upon as you have commented anti-russian statements in two of the 4 total threads that you have responded to in ATS; the other 2 threads are regarding 'pre per' subjects. I can see that this could be a coincidence or possibly that you only care about these subjects or that you are or want dialog with preppers. Maybe you just don't like Russia. The point here is that you seem to be forming a very clear pattern which is starting to make you look like a shill (possibly paid).

Try to keep your speculation on who does what to comments which use the word speculation instead of jumping to ill prepared conclusions. You are net fooling many/anyone here.

The above is my opinion.

I'm Polish. My country borders with both Russia and Ukraine. I care more about such subjects than let's say about situation in the Middle East or internal petty quarrels within US politics.

Does neighbouring Russia counts as "having grudge against Russians"? (I'd bet that those two features may be correlated)

Well I'm presumably somewhat unfriendly towards many terrorist groups.

Anyway - realistically speaking the main suspects are Russian. They are the only group that would be willing to shot some plane flying there, hoping that's Ukrainian.

EDIT: notmyrealname

If you suspect me of being a paid poster - you may discus with me an unrelated subject that I'd like for an RPG:

(no Ukrainians, no Russians, but a hypothetical scenario concerning post-apolitical politics; feel invited; I treat it as higher priority than politics, and if you insist I may stay keep out of real world politics, assuming that my subject is active)
edit on 17-7-2014 by Shadow1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
What is with the hate? It looks like this person is just posting the latest thing being reported. Yes, it could have been added to another, but geez.
Shooting down another fighter/military transport plane or exchange of fire would not deserve separate subject. Shooting down a passenger plane of a third country with 295 people on board - I would say yes.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Story is still developing. Some are saying it was a mistake and they didn't realize it was a passenger plane.

This is really sad for the families and those on board. And Malaysia Airlines is not catching a break at all!

No doubt this will bring about a global decision on what might happen for Ukraine

But who shot it down? Ukraine? Is it a false flag to blame on Russia? We need answers, not fluff

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ICE IN HATS!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Please add to an existing thread.

Thank you.
edit on 7/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join