It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like her or not, but Ann Coulter has this pegged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
And, the twist is, she starts with Reagan!

It might make you amnesty supporters rethink this. Although, maybe it's exactly why you DO want amnesty.

Happy 30th Birthday, Central American Humanitarian Crisis!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with her 100%, at least this time.

I am not a fan of her and sometimes she is right and others wrong but this time she is correct in her statements.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Of-course, its all the liberals fault .

Anybody who doesn't see the fault with putting blame on one party that has 50 percent of the control and not on the other party that has control 50% of the time needs to recheck the logic.

Issue has existed during Republican controlled congress and democrat controlled congress.

Republicans keep banging their heads against the wall and try to put a square block on a round hole.

The fact is that neither party wants to fix the issue as its really simple to nip on the butt. The MSM , the DNC, the RNC are only trying to keep the majority of the people distracted from the real problem and the real fix.

I give you a hint it has nothing to do with the border.

edit on 27731America/ChicagoThu, 17 Jul 2014 11:27:03 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I rarely agree with her because of her hard core right rhetoric, but she nails this one!

For example she mentions Chuck Schumer from NY.

Let me show you how much of a liar and hypocrite this guy is as to the so called crisis!

Keep in mind, he is a Democrat whom is pushing for amnesty and using our border security as a hostage to get it!

Remember the World Cup a week or so ago?

Check out what ole Chucky we proposing over that!

U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer is asking the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to issue a health alert to medical professionals in New York and around the country for identifying, treating and containing Chikungunya, a mosquito-borne virus that causes fevers, joint and muscle pain, headaches, joint swelling and rashes.

Source

Say what Chucky? What about the possible virus being brought in from all of these so called refugees?

edit on 17-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Chuck Schumer again, This man seems to be behind just about everything and anything that erodes the fabric of our country. You can bet that if Chuck is involved, it aint good for us. I'm actually surprised there isn';t a thread about dear old Chucky.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here's a failure in reasoning (from OP's source, my emphasis):

We are not dealing with a delicate point of logic here, some tiny flaw in liberals' reasoning, where they neglect to consider this or that aspect of a situation. This is something I don't recall encountering before. It's anti-logic.

The Schumer-Rubio amnesty bill would have made this crisis 10,000 times worse than it already is.

The precise reason our borders are besieged is that the 11 million to 20 million "undocumented migrants" currently living here seem just a few more bad Marco Rubio speeches away from being legalized. And the reason they entered the country undocumentedly is that Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens in 1986.

So are Marco Rubio the 'Tea Party Crown Prince' and GOP Saint Reagan liberals?
edit on 2014-7-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're missing the point. Those immigrants that were granted amnesty ARE the anchors that allow these illegals to become poised for the next step. Read the entire piece for the whole context.

Instead of "living in the shadows" -- the shadows of mass protests, New York Times magazine covers, TV shows, government housing, free schools, free medical care, free food stamps, the Catholic Church, state colleges at in-state tuition rates in 17 states -- "undocumented migrants" seem poised to become full legal residents. With that, they would gain the additional rights to more welfare programs, to vote for more welfare programs -- and to vote for more amnesty. (Also, they won't have to worry about being deported if they're convicted of rape or murder after they're amnestied.) Obama has already effectively granted amnesty to millions of "undocumented migrants" by refusing to deport "children," i.e., MS-13 members. (I'm starting to think somebody ought to sue that guy.) Consequently, a lot of Latin Americans decided it was a good time to come to the U.S. to get in on Obama's administrative amnesty and also to be here in time for the next amnesty.

edit on 17-7-2014 by queenofswords because: to add 3rd sentence

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

We are not dealing with a delicate point of logic here, some tiny flaw in liberals' reasoning, where they neglect to consider this or that aspect of a situation. This is something I don't recall encountering before. It's anti-logic.

The Schumer-Rubio amnesty bill would have made this crisis 10,000 times worse than it already is.

The precise reason our borders are besieged is that the 11 million to 20 million "undocumented migrants" currently living here seem just a few more bad Marco Rubio speeches away from being legalized. And the reason they entered the country undocumentedly is that Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens in 1986.

Here is the issue. The Latino vote has traditionally been GOP. They were solid GOP voters for decades. Thus Pres. GWB and Reagan loving them and granting amnesty.

Then comes TP Republicans with an ...ahem...less than forgiving view...toward (what is perceived) as Latino's at large, and pointedly Illegal Immigrants.

The Latino vote slides to Democrats in 08 and 12.

So it becomes very difficult to slice out actually fair policy and law from GOP and Dems using it as a political pandering device. Latino's were once an advantage to the GOP and the GOP hopes to return to that and the Dems are currently enjoying the advantage with Latinos...neither side is seeing this absent political pandering, and that clouds it.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I agree with you, but not without throwing in that there is tons of money to be made on both sides of the aisle. Cheap labor, more government contracts. Bribes. . . the list is a lengthy one of people who benefit monetarily from this issue

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Do they really care about how you vote or is it another diversion tactic?

1. The MSM,RNC,DNC, and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) are all corporate owned by the board of directors of the biggest lobbyist and Oligopolies .

They give you the candidate pool you get to pick from on both sides, they tell you which issues and solutions will be discussed, they are in charge of the candidates public image , they are the top contributors to running candidate campaigns, they do the marketing of the candidates, and they will tell you in the end which two candidates the election will come down too.

They like for it to take millions to run for office because you have to take their money in order to survive the race. Do you think they want to take 50/50 odds with their billions when they don't have to?

The MSM,RNC,DNC, and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD)and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) are so successful in manipulating the public that they actually convinced republicans that its a good idea to use tax payers money to bailout private companies and to determine the winners and the looser of the free market.

The Same MSM,RNC,DNC, and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) are the ones that ensure that the same issues and SAME diversions under the guise of a solution are rehashed to take away attention from the real problems and real fixes.

Immigration is not about the votes and its not about the border , its about capitalizing and diverting focus from the real problem.

The MSM,RNC,DNC, and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) are all tools used by the board of directors and top investors of the largest corporations to manipulate the public.

You vote and think the way they wan't you too.
edit on 06731America/ChicagoThu, 17 Jul 2014 15:06:13 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Food for thought:

Republicans are the largest benefactors of the agriculture industry which employs and benefits the most from the illegal immigrants. Do you think they are going to actually give you the solution to stop illegal immigrants?

That is why they are proposing for everyone to concentrate on the border and take away focus from the real fix: which is to Prosecute the companies that hire them.

www.opensecrets.org...

All this border stuff is nonsense . The Canadian border is far less secure yet we don't have a problem with them because Canadians don't have an incentive to come to the US and work for slave wages.
edit on 44731America/ChicagoThu, 17 Jul 2014 15:44:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I love that OpenSecrets.org website. Lots of good information can be found there, although, imo, it is not nearly as good as it used to be a few years ago. And you're right....seems like everybody has somebody in their pocket. I think, however, if you dig around, you will find the big government grants and politically connected foundations and the companies they are connected to are benefiting big time from this so-called humanitarian crisis and the coming-soon-to-your-neighborhood-gang-violence agenda.

I hope with everything else going on, we don't take our eyes off what our left-handed community-organizer-in-chief is doing with his right hand.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

They always benefit because they are the ones creating the regulations and controlling the money.

Turning every issue into a partisan republican and democrat issue allows them to use bias group thinking to throw away common sense and be easily diverted from the real problems.

What I find interesting is:

1. Democrats talking about Amnesty.

2. Republicans talking about a proven not effective solution to control illegal immigrants.

3. The largest Lobbyist are direct benefactors of cheap illegal labor.

4. Walmart spending 250 BILLION dollars in the next 10 years to bring back manufacturing jobs.

The wheels are in motion and the MSM,DNC,and RNC are pumping out the kool aid to the masses to keep them distracted at a highly effective rate from what it appears.

Big change is coming and it doesn't look good. The Standard of living is what keeps a first world nation from competing with a third world nation.

edit on 37731America/ChicagoThu, 17 Jul 2014 15:37:44 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Anyone here want to pluck chickens for under min. wage?

The GOP and Coulter are just pandering to the conservative base and lying thru their teeth. The conservative corporate oligarchy love illegals because it means more profit with out the burden of benefits that the American worker has come to expect.

As America slips further and further from manufacturing into service based industries; expect more illegals not less.
Business American style. GOP influenced; the party of big business, low wages and BS. Thanks Ann

It truly astonishes me how gullible the rightwing is to believing Rush, Sean, ORilley and the rest of the propaganda merchants.
edit on 17-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Then comes TP Republicans with an ...ahem...less than forgiving view...toward (what is perceived) as Latino's at large, and pointedly Illegal Immigrants.

There was no Tea Party until after the 2008 election.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Depends how you define it.

In September 2005, Birmingham, Al talk show hosts Russ and Dee Fine led a large scale "Tea Party" protest against illegal immigration in Birmingham, AL.

en.wikipedia.org...

The sentiment existed and certainly the voting block during 2008, though they hadn't completed the hijack of the Tea Party until 2009. Freedomworks was certainly driving things in 2008.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Depends how you define it.

The Tea Party of current politics did not exist at any type of influential level or operate with any large scale public awareness until Dear Leader took over. To say they helped sway the Latino vote in 2008 is not accurate. The choice of candidates did.

edit on 17-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Here is the issue. The Latino vote has traditionally been GOP. They were solid GOP voters for decades. Thus Pres. GWB and Reagan loving them and granting amnesty.

So it becomes very difficult to slice out actually fair policy and law from GOP and Dems using it as a political pandering device. Latino's were once an advantage to the GOP and the GOP hopes to return to that and the Dems are currently enjoying the advantage with Latinos...neither side is seeing this absent political pandering, and that clouds it.

Nope,the Latino vote has never been GOP.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

bush had 44% of the latinos at one time, i believe. 00' or 08' not sure.

not bad for a repub. the party can still get those votes in the future.

not as good as obama's 97% of the black vote, tho.

just saying, voter blocks can be won or lost by either party.

ann rocks! she is a smart gal.
edit on 3139237831pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
a reply to: Sunwolf

bush had 44% of the latinos at one time, i believe. 00' or 08' not sure.

not bad for a repub. the party can still get those votes in the future.

How? Do you think Hispanics are stupid? They know the GOP
hates minorities by always voting down min. wages in favor of the business establishment profits.

I doubt if the Republicans can win elections with out the minorities and women. Just sayin....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join