It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Xcathdra

The SAM does not vapourize into dust the wreckage of its two stage motor would fall back to earth motors usually have identification numbers the missile wreckage needs to be found there are also many variants of this missile,identifying the variant may also help deduce ownership.

It fell in rebel controlled territory and will probably disappear just like the black boxes.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power told an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Friday that the United States cannot rule out that Russia helped in the launch of the surface-to-air missile that shot down a Malaysian Airlines jet over eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board. Power said the U.S. believes the plane was likely downed by an SA-11 missile fired from an area in eastern Ukraine controlled by pro-Russian separatists. She said Russia has provided SA-11s and other heavy weapons to the separatists. The Malaysian jet was flying at a cruising altitude of 33,000 feet (10,000 meters) from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on an established flight corridor when it was shot down Thursday, she said. Power said that early Thursday a Western reporter reported an SA-11 system in separatist-controlled territory near Snizhne, "and separatists were spotted hours before the incident with an SA-11 SAM system close to the site where the plane came down." "Separatists initially claimed responsibility for shooting down a military transport plane, and claimed responsibility and posted videos that are now being connected to the Malaysian Airlines crash," Power said. "Separatist leaders also boasted on social media about shooting down a plane, but later deleted these messages." "Because of the technical complexity of the SA-11, it is unlikely that the separatists could effectively operate the system without assistance from knowledgeable personnel. Thus, we cannot rule out technical assistance from Russian personnel in operating the systems," she said

they changed the number of dead passengers... from 295 into 298, maybe they didnt liked the 8x 7s they wanted to be 7x 7s all our news in greece says 295
edit on 18-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

There were three infants carried in laps of passengers, so they weren't on the original passenger list.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
\this link will not restore faith in human nature.. but it is wise to read it.

It shows the rebels claiming to have shot down a Ukrainian Antanov transport plane.

The post were later deleted .. but but .... the links have been found by the look back
app for twitter and more.

www.interpretermag.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Stinks of false flag to me...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well after listening to this RUSSIAN Colonel talking to a Russian terrorist INSIDE of Ukraine about what they had just shot down, Yeah I would say that proves Russia is DIRECTLY responsible.

Russia is so dam stupid for even letting any equipment like this into Ukraine and since I have already seen a Russian Colonel inside of Ukraine proper being caught in a Police uniform I would say it was the Russians operating the system.

www.theguardian.com...

That seals the deal for any intelligent person. We all know Russia started this whole dam thing so they can pay the piper now.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here is a video : smuggled out a buk missile system and 2 missiles missing.

the video description says it goes to russia, but if someone knows that area, could tell us were its going. Someone from crimea/ukraine could tell us.

The video says a small lie, the buk-m1 system in the video, has the kiev colors, the russian edition, have colors painted .... If you type on google "buk-m1" and you choose to view the pictures instead of the global net, you can find out which is what there.

Here is also british news about the smuggled buk thing... link

they have more video material, but they are soooooo hateful for russia, they do a horrible propaganda.... They damn putin all the time, etc
edit on 18-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfoot007

In the top picture it looks like the plane is being pushed back so it probably a stock picture from the site.

Airline Malaysia Airlines

Boeing 777 - MSN 28408 - 9M-MRA

Not the plane from flight MH17.

edit on 7/18/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power told an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Friday that the United States cannot rule out that Russia helped in the launch of the surface-to-air missile that shot down a Malaysian Airlines jet over eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board. Power said the U.S. believes the plane was likely downed by an SA-11 missile fired from an area in eastern Ukraine controlled by pro-Russian separatists. She said Russia has provided SA-11s and other heavy weapons to the separatists. The Malaysian jet was flying at a cruising altitude of 33,000 feet (10,000 meters) from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on an established flight corridor when it was shot down Thursday, she said. Power said that early Thursday a Western reporter reported an SA-11 system in separatist-controlled territory near Snizhne, "and separatists were spotted hours before the incident with an SA-11 SAM system close to the site where the plane came down." "Separatists initially claimed responsibility for shooting down a military transport plane, and claimed responsibility and posted videos that are now being connected to the Malaysian Airlines crash," Power said. "Separatist leaders also boasted on social media about shooting down a plane, but later deleted these messages." "Because of the technical complexity of the SA-11, it is unlikely that the separatists could effectively operate the system without assistance from knowledgeable personnel. Thus, we cannot rule out technical assistance from Russian personnel in operating the systems," she said

they changed the number of dead passengers... from 295 into 298, maybe they didnt liked the 8x 7s they wanted to be 7x 7s all our news in greece says 295

i believe they added the 3 infants to the total.

local news had 1 person from HK on the flight.

how did they identify all those people and only 1 american so far? 41 still not identified?

how are they doing it?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Flight manifest. It includes nationality based on the passport information that is collected.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Flight manifest. It includes nationality based on the passport information that is collected.

so why the hold up about americans?

is the state dept having them hold off for a while, till they get their poop in a pile on this?

i think the pass list says about 23 americans were on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It takes time to confirm the information. They have the manifest that shows who bought a ticket, and the actual manifest that shows who boarded the plane. It takes time to compare the two, and correlate the information. The one American confirmed so far was a dual citizen. All this takes time.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Watching CNN now. They are saying the black boxes are missing, & the bodies are all still there!! I'm so disgusted & sickened by these people or rebels or whatever they are!!! No ones taking any responsibility for the debris site. My heart just goes out to the poor families & the victims......

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

They've been trying to get to the wreckage, but the rebels hold the area, and wouldn't let them through to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Everyone that knows me knows that I am as American as they come. However, it sure is a case of the pot calling the kettle black in regards to MH17 being shot down. The media and politicians are quick to throw blame around all in the name of ratings and / or agenda. I too have no doubt who did this and who was involved. Pro-Russian separatist with the assistance of Russia. Is that fact? No. Does all the evidence point that way? Yes. It just seems that we are trying to judge another country for something the US has done as well. Remember this? "Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air civilian passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai that was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes on 3 July 1988. The attack took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from the Vincennes.

All 290 on board, including 66 children and 16 crew, died."

This sounds strangely similar to the current situation with flight MH17 doesn't it?

Do I think Putin is sometimes arrogant and knows all about it? Sure I do! However, we should remember the comments of George H. W. Bush in regards to the passenger airline the US shot down. "George H. W. Bush, the vice president of the United States at the time commented on the incident during a presidential campaign function (2 Aug 1988): "I will never apologize for the United States — I don't care what the facts are... I'm not an apologize-for-America kind of guy." The problem is any of these situations could start a much larger scale conflict.

Again understand, I am as American as they come, and I think this is a terrible tragedy for all involved. War is a terrible situation, and unfortunately it is happening all too often. I simply think that although those that did this and those that aided should be caught and punished, we have to look at our own past as well before we try to act like saints in this situation. Do I think this could have been a total mistake by inexperienced users? Sure! Should they be punished? Absolutely! Should we help to make this happen? Positively! Should we act as though we are any better than those people? No, because unfortunately, we are not. #CNN #MH17

Information courtesy of en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know. That's what is making me ill. Awful people. Bad enough they most likely looted everything.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

The initial report was 295. It was amended to 298 after 3 children were added in.

Some media outlets are still report 295. Not updating new facts.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
Watching CNN now. They are saying the black boxes are missing, & the bodies are all still there!! I'm so disgusted & sickened by these people or rebels or whatever they are!!! No ones taking any responsibility for the debris site. My heart just goes out to the poor families & the victims......

Rescue workers recovered a second flight recorder on Friday from the Malaysian airliner brought down in eastern Ukraine, a Reuters cameraman on the scene said.

Pro-Russian separatists in the region said on Thursday they had found one of the "black box" recorders on Thursday when the Malaysian airliner came down, killing all 298 people on board.

There are fears that the first black box is on its way to Moscow which could lead to a cover-up.

Russian news agency Interfax quotes First Deputy Prime Minister Andriy Purgin of the Donestsk Republic as saying: "Of course, we most likely will give them to the Interstate Avition Committee, to Moscow.

"They are highly qualified experts who will be able to accurately determine the cause of the disaster, even though it is so clear."

www.mirror.co.uk...
Yes, the rebels have been caught again contradicting themselves.

edit on 7/18/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I did hear that yesterday. Now their saying the black boxes are missing?? I guess if they can't get in there, they don't know what's really going on. Like the guy with all the passports. What was he doing with them all & why was he collecting them?? And WHO was he?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Floke

Terminology differs from country to country so my apologies on that. In my country, the US, criminal investigations and securing a scene are the responsibility of law enforcement. Who maintains jurisdiction from that point depends on the incident in question.

A plane crash in my jurisdiction would result in our response to the scene and would initially focus on life saving measures. Primarily we would secure the entire scene until the NTSB / FAA / FBI arrived on scene and they would go from there.

Rooting through the scene is a no no since it an affect the investigation. What the rebels have done is compromised the entire scene and essentially made any type of criminal investigation for a court of law worthless.

As for jurisdiction -
Any plane crash of this magnitude - investigation falls to the jurisdiction the crash occurred in - in this case Ukraine (The peoples republic of Donetsk is not recognized). Any nation showing a vested interest in the investigation can request to assist / monitor / observe.

Primary
Ukraine - Crash occurred in their territory

Substantial interest
Passengers - The respective countries who lost nationals have an interest to determine what occurred that resulted in the death of their nationals.

Country of flight origin - They will be involved in the investigation to determine if anything occurred prior to the incident occurring (mechanical / terror related / etc).

Manufacturer of aircraft -
The manufacturer will want to make sure the crash is not related to any design / mechanical failures resulting from construction problems.

Anyways, a overly simplistic explanation for those wondering.

To handle the scene in the manner the rebels have is criminal, regardless if they shot it down or not. To act in the manner they have is, imo, designed to hinder the investigation while destroying evidence.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join