It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...-4971313

Of the 15 flights I looked not a single flight has not entered Russia over the Sea of Azov..aside from one..that was today's downed flight which is the only anomaly and for some reason continued straight over Donetsk which is some 100 MILES NORTH of where all the previous flights pathes.

flightaware.com...
edit on 17-7-2014 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2014 by Cablespider because: Tried to link quote to source. failed.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
I really see no motive for russia doing this. Why ? To what end?

This is a setup to me. To many coincidences. You can smell it a nile away.

I cant prove it but my gutt knows this is not what it is presented to be. I trust my gut over the news any day of the week.

In the lat week in the same airspace 2 Ukrainian military jets were shot down, 1 from surface to air and one from air to air, which was pinned to a Russian aircraft engaging the Ukrainian aircraft5 in Ukraine airspace.

2 intercepted phone calls from pro Russians talked about the shoot down, initially stating they shot down a Ukraine military transport. When they got on scene and realized it was not military, it went up the pro russian chain.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cablespider
[ex=http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-17/was-flight-mh-17-diverted-over-restricted-airspace#comment-4971313]Of the 15 flights I looked not a single flight has not entered Russia over the Sea of Azov..aside from one..that was today's downed flight which is the only anomaly and for some reason continued straight over Donetsk which is some 100 MILES NORTH of where all the previous flights pathes.

flightaware.com...

Contrary to what people may wish the Eastern and Southern parts of Ukraine are in fact Ukraine airspace, and not Russian. This flight did not violate Russian airspace and was in Ukraine airspace.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
I really see no motive for russia doing this. Why ? To what end?

This is a setup to me. To many coincidences. You can smell it a nile away.

I cant prove it but my gutt knows this is not what it is presented to be. I trust my gut over the news any day of the week.

Russian and the rebels dont have ANYTHING to gain by shooting down civilian airliners...

USA and KIEV have EVERYTHING to gain by shooting down this plane and put the blame on russians.

Since the KIEV military cannot defeat the rebels and they even got encircled and destroyed in southern area, and the latest OBAMA SANCTION wasnt supported by the EU, the desperate and criminal USA instruct their KIEV puppet to do this.. Easy considering these are the same KIEV+CIA duet that burned and raped 100 innocent civilians in Odessa..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

The official story as to why it was flying a more northern route was because it was trying to avoid thunderstorms.

Why they were allowed to fly over a war zone is unbelievable, with hindsight.

link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Nm, misinterpreted post.

edit on 17-7-2014 by AstralTrespass because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra I will say this one more time. This flight was at 40.000 feet plus. This is the altitude of International flights. It is the altitude of (assumed) safety. Even though all US flights were diverted around this region Malaysian Airlines maybe thought they could get away with it... If in fact it was shot down.. Proof pending.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The MH17 flight altered course today by flying a lot further north within Ukraine compared to its various flight paths earlier in the week to Kuala Lumpur.

See below:

it was flying at a distinctly more northerly flight route than usual today (17th)

July 14th flight path
www.flightaware.com...

July 16th flight path
www.flightaware.com...

July 17th flight path (a lot further north within Ukraine)
www.flightaware.com...

The question is why did MH17 have it's flight path altered to the north on 17th and who planned/actioned/authorized/implemented this change?

This needs to be investigated ASAP, and there will be attempts to bury these details as we speak

Cacete de Ouro

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

I was curious so I noticed something else a little strange. If you look at the bottom of the page you can review every flight for each day of Malaysian Airlines leaving out of Amsterdam.

flightaware.com...

It seems this flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur is a daily flight. I went back and looked at the flight path of every flight from today all the way back until July 4th. It seems they have a very standard pre-programmed plan for this flight. In every flight I looked at just as they are entering the center of Ukraine the plane heads south and crosses over the Sea of Asov typically some 50 miles SOUTH of Mariupol. Each flight with out fail did this aside from one that veers even further south and actually goes directly over the Crimean Peninsula.

Of the 15 flights I looked not a single flight has not entered Russia over the Sea of Azov..aside from one..that was today's downed flight which is the only anomaly and for some reason continued straight over Donetsk which is some 100 MILES NORTH of where all the previous flights pathes.

John McCloy

I am of the belief that if that is true, and the reports of 2 military jets right before the crash are true, the rebels probably got baited. After 50 long pages of deliberation thats what my gut tells me. Kiev rerouted that plane to cross hostile territory accompanied by 2 fighters knowing they would draw fire. I don't think the people that were operating those missiles were total idiots. I also don't think they had terrorist intentions. Trickery seems like the most realistic explanation of all this to me. They simply got baited into attacking something they shouldn't have. Kind of like the Lusitania. They had warnings not to sail where they sailed, and they sailed anyways. The rest is history.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bentnutt
a reply to: Xcathdra I will say this one more time. This flight was at 40.000 feet plus. This is the altitude of International flights. It is the altitude of (assumed) safety. Even though all US flights were diverted around this region Malaysian Airlines maybe thought they could get away with it... If in fact it was shot down.. Proof pending.

That area of airspace was restricted under a certain level. Anything over the 30k foot plus was not restricted airspace. If it were the flight path they filed would have been rejected. There was no NOTAM's issued either.

To repeat - Airspace under was restricted and airspace over, which is where the flight was, was not restricted.

No flights were diverted until after the shootdown when ATC closed Ukraine airspace.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AstralTrespass
Never mind Bilk22. He has no idea what he is saying. Going back and forth.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
One report stated it was moved north due to weather to the south on it's path. Flightaware showed it at 33K feet.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Air space was restricted completely. Your thinking of a top altitude restriction is bub kiss.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If the video showing the explosion and black plume of smoke is meant to be the plane then it couldn't have been a missile that shot it down. Unless I am meant to believe that a plane can be hit at 30,000 feet and create a contained fireball once it hit the ground in one piece. Or am I missing something? This has probably been said in a previous post though.

link   
The best visualization of what the issue comes from Vagelis Karmiros who has collated all the recent MH-17 flight paths as tracked by Flightaware and shows that while all ten most recent paths pass safely well south of the Donetsk region, and cross the zone above the Sea of Azov, it was only today's tragic flight that passed straight overhead Donetsk.

link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

I am of the belief that if that is true, and the reports of 2 military jets right before the crash are true, the rebels probably got baited. After 50 long pages of deliberation thats what my gut tells me. Kiev rerouted that plane to cross hostile territory accompanied by 2 fighters knowing they would draw fire. I don't think the people that were operating those missiles were total idiots. I also don't think they had terrorist intentions. Trickery seems like the most realistic explanation of all this to me. They simply got baited into attacking something they shouldn't have. Kind of like the Lusitania. They had warnings not to sail where they sailed, and they sailed anyways. The rest is history.

I think this could very well be the case.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zacroyce

Where can I see this video?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bentnutt
Air space was restricted completely. Your thinking of a top altitude restriction is bub kiss.

ITAR-TASS - IATA says no flight restrictions over east-Ukrainian area where Malaysian airliner crashed

NEW YORK, July 17, /ITAR-TASS/. There were no restrictions on flights in the sector of airspace in Eastern Ukraine where the Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 jet crashed Thursday afternoon en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, killing all the 295 people aboard, International Air Transport Association said in a report.

“We extend our deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the passengers and crew of MH17,” IATA said in a statement published in Geneva. “Based on the information currently available it is believed that the airspace that the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions.”

The Boeing 777 of the Malaysian Airlines disappeared from radar screens and crashed on the territory of Ukraine just 50 kilometers away from the Ukrainian-Russian border.

It fell in the Donetsk region near the town of Grabovo, Ukrainian mass media said.

No restrictions in place.
Went down in Ukraine and not Russia.
Did not violate Russian airspace.

FAA warns airlines to avoid Ukraine because of conflict

The region covered by the FAA order is south of where Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crashed on Thursday.

"Based on the information currently available it is believed that the airspace that the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions," the International Air Transport Association, which represents airlines worldwide, said in a statement.

But the FAA took the action April 25, which is to remain in effect for one year, because of a dispute between Ukraine and Russia about which country controlled the airspace in the Simferopol region, which covers the Crimean peninsula.

The Russian Federation declared March 28 that it controlled the airspace over Crimea, as well as international airspace above the Black Sea and Sea of Azov. In response, Ukraine created a prohibited area over the Crimean peninsula for flights below 29,000 feet.

Because of the dispute, the International Civil Aviation Organization, a branch of the United Nations, warned airlines April 3 to avoid the area.

"In addition, political and military tension between Ukraine and the Russian Federation remains high, and compliance with air traffic control instructions issued by the authorities of one country could result in a civil aircraft being misidentified as a threat and intercepted or otherwise engaged by air defense forces of the other country," FAA said.

edit on 17-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

The MH17 flight altered course today

I looked at the three charts/maps and they look *absolutely identical* over the Ukraine. Even zooming in doesn't show any difference between 14th, 16th, 17th.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
en.itar-tass.com...
From your own page. Commercial flights closed.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join