It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious photo from Skinwalker Ranch forum; Ufos, paranormal, or pareidolia? Opinions please.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I was looking through the Skinwalker Ranch website (I think Ryan Skinner's site), and came across this interesting picture.

skinwalkerranch.org...

The photo may be meaningless, a hoax, or perhaps be something of potential interest, I certainly feel it is worthy of discussion (even if to pull it to pieces, and educate myself further).

In Ryan's website there is a small thread with not many responses. In that thread, a poster draws attention to under the central pillar underneath the main light on the left side of the photo there appears to be a humanoid figure. At the light source/reflection on the right there is possibly another. Looking at the man on the right, there seems to be something in front of him. To my eyes it looks like another humanoid figure bending over, but nothing is very clear in the photo. I think the light itself is also of interest. I can tell what is the source of the light, and if it is from the sun, or something else.

Perhaps it's just pareidolia, and the sun shining inside a cave, regardless, I find this image worthy of interest, so I thought it worth posting to get opinions from others (and also perhaps the very unlikely scenario of someone who actually knows something about this photo).

I did a search on a reverse search engine for images, and it didn't turn up any other copies of this picture anywhere.
edit on 17-7-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It does have the form of a humanoid being, and certainly stands out from the surrounding rocks...interesting picture!

DS

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hmmm interesting. I blew up the object you speak of to 300%.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation
That's just our minds playing tricks with us... or...

Hmm, Anunnakis coming out of portal???

edit on 17-7-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
looks like a shadow to me

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's a rock. With a crack in it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm sure you can find out the entire truth behind this photo, the "entity" and the location

BUT

You'll need to buy someone's book...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What is that light beam with the striations? To me that's the real mystery.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I'm sure you can find out the entire truth behind this photo, the "entity" and the location

BUT

You'll need to buy someone's book...

Well seeing this is buried in an obscure thread, in an infrequently visited forum (even by registered members of said forum), and that the author of books about Skinwalker Ranch himself has asked if anyone can give any information about the photo (and suggested it could be a hoax), I think you're off the mark on this one.

Does anyone else think the man on the right possibly has something directly in front of him (largely obscured to us because of his body)?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Very nice find! Skinwalker Ranch is super interesting with so many theories.

This thing definitely looks "humanoid" but it's hard to see and could have captured a regular old human at an odd angle and weird lighting. It's head looks larger, my first though when seeing it was Grey Alien, lol.

Who knows, all kinds of odd sightings happen at Skinwalker Ranch, I want to believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If I look at the pic long enough, I see many anomalies, but it is just my mind relating certain shapes and shadows, to objects or people I want to see, if we were thinking about unicorns, I'm sure I could find one in the pic, lol

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ryan Skinner is trolling his own forum? Truly these are dark and troubled days.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is a quickie Photoshop adjustment. But, I think if you change the contrast and brightness, the object under the central pillar becomes a crack and highlight from the lights:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't take pictures on his site that seriously tbh.

I found a lot of issues with many of his photos and claims (see his book thread). He said he was going to be removing some of them but last I checked they were still there. Now I'm certain he was deflecting. My opinion.

Also, he is a self professed user of Photoshop.

Not all the photos were taken by him, just for the record.
edit on 17-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Almost looks like he is carrying a small body and that is a leg from about the knee down.
Or if something is in front of him, an arm around his leg?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
I was looking through the Skinwalker Ranch website (I think Ryan Skinner's site), and came across this interesting picture.

skinwalkerranch.org...

The photo may be meaningless, a hoax, or perhaps be something of potential interest, I certainly feel it is worthy of discussion (even if to pull it to pieces, and educate myself further).

In Ryan's website there is a small thread with not many responses. In that thread, a poster draws attention to under the central pillar underneath the main light on the left side of the photo there appears to be a humanoid figure. At the light source/reflection on the right there is possibly another. Looking at the man on the right, there seems to be something in front of him. To my eyes it looks like another humanoid figure bending over, but nothing is very clear in the photo. I think the light itself is also of interest. I can tell what is the source of the light, and if it is from the sun, or something else.

Perhaps it's just pareidolia, and the sun shining inside a cave, regardless, I find this image worthy of interest, so I thought it worth posting to get opinions from others (and also perhaps the very unlikely scenario of someone who actually knows something about this photo).

I did a search on a reverse search engine for images, and it didn't turn up any other copies of this picture anywhere.

You're shooting for the moon with the ridiculous thread title. A cave? I don't think so. A hillside at night with 2 human visitors and what looks like water-directing corrugated pipe. This photo doesn't allude to anything mysterious. I agree that it looks more like a shadow being cast on the rock.

Keep moving, folks, there is nothing here to see.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
This is a quickie Photoshop adjustment. But, I think if you change the contrast and brightness, the object under the central pillar becomes a crack and highlight from the lights:

I think you are pretty spot on here, as is the other poster earlier who suggested the same thing.

originally posted by: DAVID64

Almost looks like he is carrying a small body and that is a leg from about the knee down.
Or if something is in front of him, an arm around his leg?

Yes, I see something very similar.

originally posted by: Uggielicious

originally posted by: cuckooold

skinwalkerranch.org...

You're shooting for the moon with the ridiculous thread title. A cave? I don't think so. A hillside at night with 2 human visitors and what looks like water-directing corrugated pipe. This photo doesn't allude to anything mysterious. I agree that it looks more like a shadow being cast on the rock.

Keep moving, folks, there is nothing here to see.

To my eyes it looks very much like the inside of a cave, with sunlight coming in from the left side, and reflecting against the right side wall.
What you suggest is a 'water-directing corrugated pipe' looks very much like striations of light to me. I am curious as to what has caused this, as also another poster in this thread is.

As for 'shooting for the moon', I've generally got seemingly valid and interesting responses to the questions I've posed, so I'm in fact more 'shooting for valid explanations'. Your own responses seem more 'out there' than any of my questions, thank you

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That one behind the light source looks like a gray alien, with the big head. Whatever that is in front of the man also looks like a small gray, judging from the height.
Not only that, but right behind the guy on the left, I see some kind of animal standing there, but this could be pareidolia from the rocks.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing with us! S&F!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's two guys checking out the light shining into a cave and a third taking the picture. That's it. There aren't any aliens. This is the kind of misrepresentation from Ryan that I have issue with. Suggests he found it on another skinwalker forum, posted anonymously. Suggests it may show something and might even be leaked from someone (NIDS likely). Then he lets all the SWR fans eat it up. While he ultimately remains neutral so he doesn't look like he is full of it.

Nothing here other than the power of suggestion. Don't fall for Ryan's gimmicks.

I took it into Gimp and played with some contrast and stuff, lighting up the blackness in the top portion of the image, revealing what imo looked like more stone. You can google examples of sunlit caves for comparison as well.
edit on 18-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I think you're more or less on the ball here, and you're correct regarding looking at other cave images. Perhaps the final 'mystery' is if there is anything in front of the man standing to the right, or if it's perhaps a trick of the light?
edit on 18-7-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join