It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the name calling and ideological warfare!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Don't forget that it is the Summer period mate...

Things will quieten down and more civilised conversations and debates will be held once the school holidays are over.

One of the reasons why I hardly come onto ATS during this period.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Thank you. I had to be reminded of this just yesterday when I got into a tizzy over an obvious youngster's posts.
A good nights sleep and a reminder from someone like you calmed me down.

Good idea to stay away from posting replies to these obvious youngsters rather than let them get to me.

Another poster suggested a conditioning forum, this old bat will not try that one, whew! Too old to try that.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think ATS is a good place to get information and rant. Most of the people on this site seem to understand that is not personal, it is just stressful times for all of us. Even in the middle of the night when the problems really weigh on me, I can come here and get laugh or cry or rant.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Though think the mods should get hazard pay during the school hols with all the kiddies disrupting the normally calm atmosphere ..

Agreed....

Kids and drunks!!

disrupting the normally calm atmosphere ..

sarcasm well noted!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Nasty Mouse!!

edit on 17-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It is a good source of information.

I normally get up, read the news, on multiple online sites, (rarely watch TV news except for local anymore)
then come here to see what I missed

Now that I think about it, when I get frustrated that news is over run by non-news garbage is during the long May-Aug college break. It is also the time when the two "manners" violation of mine have occurred in the past 3 years. (BTW I don't swear or use bad language, just a sort of verbal spank) Got to stay away from that, the kiddies are just trying to learn and spread their wings and expand their horizons.

Oops , I'm off topic aren't I, topic drift, topic drift, topic drift,
into an unkind rant over the kiddies on holiday

Heh, not quite so off topic, I was verbally bashing the youngsters, so I guess sort of on topic, but encouraging drift, oh dear

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't have time to read everything on ATS, but for my part, I haven't seen much in the way of debate. Someone presents a thread and a few people shoot it down, or some are in agreement and those who aren't just go away.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
But my best threads have been done after a few rounds of drinks .. erm .. I claim a fifth ..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'll admit its hard to hold your tongue with all the disinformation being spewed by team players from both ends of the political spectrum.

Libtards are the worst though. Ted Cruz could say something like... "I hate tacos!", and the next day The Huffington Post will publish an article with the title... "Ted Cruz Claims Mexican Children Are Destroying The Moral Fabric of Our Society With Tacos!"

Then 10 minutes later some libtard will repost the article here, and within an hour 20 more libtards will flag it, give the OP a star, then write a response about how heartless Ted Cruz is for the way he treats Mexican children.

edit on 17-7-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That's exactly what someone like you would say-see? no name calling /s.

The jargon and name calling goes hand in hand with ideals. Now that outright chastising is no longer in vogue some people are going to ridiculous lengths to make up pointless and complicated tags to appoint to certain factions or people.

For instance: Democrats can be called 'economical defeatists', republicans can be called 'economical elitists' and so forth. Some people have no better time than to browse through a thesaurus to come up with with new and inventive ways to make themselves seem smarter while making the other side look less intelligent, and as a pseudo intellectual accelerationalist that really burns my Cannoli.

It's how you deal with it I guess. Either wear you heart on your sleeve or treat the words like water off a ducks back.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: daaskapital

I am just sick of the endless name calling, public shaming and ideological warfare of which some have been casting on others.

Youll get used to it.

I recommend conditioning in the Chemtrail forum..

LMAO!!

Its funny cos its true.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Whoah, steady there Daas. Firstly ,what the heck is a Libtard? Next, your getting too much personally involved. Skip the surface, let the insults slid off without a thought, half of them are trolling and the other half don't know their ars* from their elbow. If I have insulted any-one in this or any past posts I apologise and!!!! What the heck have I just said. This site is sometimes controversial, inane, clever, entertaining and all the other reasons I can't think of. Nils Illigitimo Carburundrum. Or something like that. Keep cool.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Hi! From a libtard. Have a great day!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
What the heck is a Libtard?

edit on 17-7-2014 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I am not sure. But I get called that on Politico and other political sites. Since I have democratic leanings, I get that name. But I don't mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

My posting has been somewhat minimal as of late simply due to that subject matter.

I have no problem calling a duck a "duck" if it walks and talks like one. My posts are a testament to that in the political threads.

But even sarcastic bunnies such as myself have limits. I am pro Israel. I have friends in the IDF. I know that makes me biased and partial. The closest I've come to being banned is in threads about Israel.

So I simply avoid the debate. Or try to elevate the level of debate, if I can.

My suggestion for anyone would be the same.

Daas, you and I have gone round once or twice, but I have respected you in every debate. Be an example to the rest of us if we fail to maintain the standards.

edit on 17-7-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Start with the training post like "alien fish skeleton rock found on Mars" and work your way up Buttercup!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

My posting has been somewhat minimal as of late simply due to that subject matter.

I have no problem calling a duck a "duck" if it walks and talks like one. My posts are a testament to that in the political threads.

But even sarcastic bunnies such as myself have limits. I am pro Israel. I have friends in the IDF. I know that makes me biased and partial. The closest I've come to being banned is in threads about Israel.

So I simply avoid the debate. Or try to elevate the level of debate, if I can.

My suggestion for anyone would be the same.

Daas, you and I have gone round once or twice, but I have respected you in every debate. Be an example to the rest of us if we fail to maintain the standards.

Who asked for your opinion you flea bitten big eared Lagomorph you

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

No-one.

And isn't that more the shame?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Just about everything in this modern society is geared to intentionally set us apart from one another as groups, and as individual. It's divide and conquer, and it's deliberate.

Gay marriage affects 3-5% of the population, yet legislation with regard to it has hit the federal legislature, every legislature of every state, and there's even an executive order banning discrimination against it. What it amounts to at the end of the day is a bunch of straight people arguing for or against "gay rights."

Religion, class, sex, gender orientation, race.... it's all on. They want civil war, and they want to have a reason to impose martial law. The reason everyone's up in arms is because someone's kicking the hornet's nest to rile us up.

The only way to win is not to play.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Rodinus

No-one.

And isn't that more the shame?

Hehe... just thought I would carry on with the friendly punch up mate.

Getting ready to get away for a couple of weeks down to the French rSouth coast tomorrow morning so feeling a little frisky.

Vive les vacances...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join