It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Amendment Would Cut NSC Budget by a Third

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"The House of Representatives yesterday approved an amendment to cut the budget for the National Security Council by one third in response to NSC moves to block congressional access to information." fas.org

This stuff just never seems to end with this administration, open transparency means nothing more than lip service. Short read but makes you realize if you're going to withhold information from congressional oversight I guess they are going to withhold your funding.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Good. And I see where the Democrat from IN endorsed this as well. The House of Representatives is supposed to be The People's house, and you really shouldn't mess with the people when they want information to be forthcoming. Now, I hope we can de-fund the IRS!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Good. And I see where the Democrat from IN endorsed this as well. The House of Representatives is supposed to be The People's house, and you really shouldn't mess with the people when they want information to be forthcoming. Now, I hope we can de-fund the IRS!

One can only dream..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The house should keep cutting until they give in,that should work.Congress needs to regain control over all of the Gov agencies.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
The house should keep cutting until they give in,that should work.Congress needs to regain control over all of the Gov agencies.

Exactly, this why the IRS funding for paychecks should be on the chopping block.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It's a good idea as long as they are also willing to withhold funding when it comes to information that might incriminate a republican!
To me this is what a big part of the problem is..
The dems do something wrong and only the republicans throw a fit about it.
and if the republicans do something wrong only the dems throw a fit about it!

Only the transgressions have gotten so big and effect not just one party or the other. They effect all of us! They have become transgressions against our constitution, the principles that our country was founded on, and our nation!!
When we sell arms to drug lords in central america and mexico and they make it back into the US do you really think that the bullets that are fired from them are smart bullets that identify your political beliefs and then make a judgement as to weather or not they will obey the trigger?
And as the power in office shifts from one party to the other, the target of the abuses also shift.. Don't think that the republicans won't play the same game when they are in office against the dems!
In the end it will be only us- we the people paying the price! Even if one party is voted out and the other replaces them the party leaving will all have guarenteed jobs somewhere repayment for this or that vote that they made in office. They will all have plenty of money to pay for extra security along with a police force that will make a 911 call from their house a top priority!
They are just playing politics and they care nothing about you or I! We are just the pieces on the board game that may be sacrificed if they deem it necessary to obtain their goals!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You don't actually want the republicans and democrats working together.

When they get along and have the same goals it tends to warp our nation very quickly in one direction, usually with negative consequences. There is little debate and no opposition.

Look at the New Deal for a prime example of how partisanship can lead to bad things.

Instead, it is the constant pull back and forth that allows our country to moderately move forward. The conservatives pull us in one direction for awhile then the liberals gain power and pull us back the other way and even though the nation swings back and forth, it always hovers over center.

This allows us to grow without going to far in one direction and is how we ultimately end up with compromise. Simply having everyone agree is not compromise, it is the road map to tyranny.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

when it comes to illegal activites amoung their ranks though both parties should be quick to address the issue! That is all I am saying!
They don't do that and the result is that we just go further and further down the hole!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Senators

when it comes to illegal activites amoung their ranks though both parties should be quick to address the issue! That is all I am saying!
They don't do that and the result is that we just go further and further down the hole!!

In that regards you are most certainly correct although I would disagree that we are going further down a hole. We hit the bottom of that hole during our second president. Politics, even prior to the colonies, has always been rife with illegal activity in any nation in all parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It's a good idea as long as they are also willing to withhold funding when it comes to information that might incriminate a republican!
To me this is what a big part of the problem is..
The dems do something wrong and only the republicans throw a fit about it.
and if the republicans do something wrong only the dems throw a fit about it!

Only the transgressions have gotten so big and effect not just one party or the other. They effect all of us! They have become transgressions against our constitution, the principles that our country was founded on, and our nation!!
When we sell arms to drug lords in central america and mexico and they make it back into the US do you really think that the bullets that are fired from them are smart bullets that identify your political beliefs and then make a judgement as to weather or not they will obey the trigger?
And as the power in office shifts from one party to the other, the target of the abuses also shift.. Don't think that the republicans won't play the same game when they are in office against the dems!
In the end it will be only us- we the people paying the price! Even if one party is voted out and the other replaces them the party leaving will all have guarenteed jobs somewhere repayment for this or that vote that they made in office. They will all have plenty of money to pay for extra security along with a police force that will make a 911 call from their house a top priority!
They are just playing politics and they care nothing about you or I! We are just the pieces on the board game that may be sacrificed if they deem it necessary to obtain their goals!

I have said many times the only difference between a republican and a democrat is the spelling.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

I may be misreading the intent of your post -

Congress is not responsible for executive agencies, the executive branch, namely the president, is. All congress is responsible for is budget and oversight.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Agreed.

However, the Congress hasn't had control over much of anything for at least 60 years and probably 100-200 years. Certainly the Senate has been their lapdog for a very long time. Ditto the leadership of the House, imho.

The Oligarchy has been pretty thorough in all their manipulations and !!!!CONTROL!!!! schemes.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Sunwolf

Agreed.

However, the Congress hasn't had control over much of anything for at least 60 years and probably 100-200 years. Certainly the Senate has been their lapdog for a very long time. Ditto the leadership of the House, imho.

The Oligarchy has been pretty thorough in all their manipulations and !!!!CONTROL!!!! schemes.

I have always thought they were part and parcel to the oligarchy, they control the checkbook, they can defund appropriations as they wish. Thats why Boehner is a joke when shouting the president is spending too much money, I say quit writing the check! Who is the stupid one the one that overspends or the one that covers the checks? Almost got you didn't I, the correct answer is us, we let it happen by not voting in the numbers to overcome the freebie receiving voters. What worries me is we are close to not being able to overcome those numbers.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think it's a done deal; a wrap.

I think this NSC story will demonstrate that. There may be some token something for appearances . . . but nothing substantive will change in the rush to 7 years of utter tyranny and then Armageddon.

The voting has been so mass propagandized so effectively for so long . . . choosing between identical twins in different clothes or two sides of the same coin . . .

Add in the vote process manipulations, corruptions and jiggered machines and ballot boxes . . .

It's far worse than a mess.

Will see how small a token of change occurs with the NSC thing.

new topics

top topics

join