It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush-Bashing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Who knows now? Saddam probably did have WMD's at one point in time. Clinton sure gave him ample time to dispose of them. I guess if you call it an invasion it sounds worse than liberation. Took the country? we aren't taking it. I mean we aren't going to keep it if you get what I'm trying to say.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by LostSailor]

Whao, I agree, Saddam did had them but Israel took care ot it.

And yes the liberation turn into invasion and that is the truth I wish it was not Sailor but it is.

And yes when a liberation turns into invasion it does look like a take over.

And we are still there fighting people that should not have been there if the borders were taking care off and not the oil fields as priority that along will make you wonder as the intentions of the liberation.

I call it underestimation and poor planning and hectic "liberation"

Before all these I had not problem with Bush, darn at one point he was my hero.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
And whats wrong with the US invading Iraq Marg?
What precisely is wrong with the US saying "you know what saddam yo been talking a lot of # for a long time so were gonna kick your ass throw you in jail take your country and do whatever it takes to make it the next peurto rico"
Sun Tzu, Alexander of Macedonia, Tokugawa, they all would have applauded Bush brilliant use of a plausible excuse to keep those who might interfere from doing so, removing a sovereign government and replacing it with a new one.
Face it, theres nothing wrong with conquest as long as your the one doing the conquering.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't hate Bush anymore than I reserve the right to criticize the the office of the President whenever I should so deem fit.

That's what good citizens do.

As for Bush the Man. He's a good husband. Good father. He's a recovering alcoholic and that's a difficult road to walk. However, I wish he was more of a populist. I wish he would lead me. I wish he would lead the American people, instead of his constituency only. I wish he would listen to dissent and at least consider it a valid viewpoint, even if he wholeheartedly disagrees with it 100% of the time.

More than anything, the thing that bothers and disgusts me, is what I percieve to be the exploitation of war time fears to promote domestic social agendas. How on earth does Bush expect to achieve any sort of support on anything, when he's changing the way I'm trying to live my life. Why should I fear the changes that terrorists want to make on my life, when Bush is making just as many.

The smartest thing Bush can do is publically call for a moratorium on social agendas, from both parties, until we have better control on the War on Terror. This is the only way that both sides of the country can truly be united as brothers against a common enemy. Both sides to say, "Hey, I don't like the way you live, but I'll die without you on my side".

The house is on fire, We'll worry about the color of the drapes later.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
And whats wrong with the US invading Iraq Marg?
Sun Tzu, Alexander of Macedonia, Tokugawa, they all would have applauded Bush brilliant use of a plausible excuse to keep those who might interfere from doing so, removing a sovereign government and replacing it with a new one.

you forgot hitler, napolean, and stalin on your list. what is wrong, is IT IS A CRIME.

Originally posted by mwm1331
Face it, theres nothing wrong with conquest as long as your the one doing the conquering.

you're 'one of god's people' alright. you have to ask yourself when you condone instituionalised murder and theft, ....which 'god' do i belong to? perhaps kali? molech? certainly not christ's daddy.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I wasn't going to add to this discussion but going through the topics tonight irritated me slightly

If the internet were as big in 1998 as it is now I'm sure Clinton bashing would have been to the same level of Bush bashing (at least amongst Americans)....with that being said......

And I'm not going to name names but some of you need to learn a new friggin song. You only make yourselves look bad by weighing in on how dumb or criminal the President is on every possible thread. We effin get it okay? There's a big difference between intelligent well thought out criticism ala RANT and "he makes me sick the criminal
", or some other such assortment of smilies and increasingly tired cliches. Some of you haven't said a single coherent thing in months other than some kind of angrily dissenting opinion of conservatives or the President. At least not one that I've seen. I hate to say it but the ignore feature is looking more and more inviting for some of you.

Take a cue from RANT and bout time. Conservatives respect them for having knowledge based responses and opinions rather than the utter bull# that comes out of some of you. Hell they've both put some things on here that I disagree with, but dammit it's so well presented it's hard to disagree with. Know what I mean Vern? You can't say the same thing for somene that's repeated themselves 947 times since October - and they're in the majority.

So yes, I think Bush bashing masks the real issues. People don't know what the hell the real issues are because they can't see the policy for the hate.

[edit on (12/5/0404 by PistolPete]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I've actually been thinking of starting an "opposites" thread if you're interested.

Oh HELL yes! Where is this thread? Please, can we make it compulsory for certain people to contribute??

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
All I have to say about the Bush-Bashing is....I love it!

It is a sign of a weak opposition. Can't compete against him in the war of ideas? Just go ahead and bash him.

When democrats do and say stupid things, in my view...I laugh at them. Democrats on the other hand try to demonize.

Bush had so much opposition in this last election. Opposition from the media, Hollywood entertainers, washed up rock and rollers, rappers and one obnoxious billionaire. Bush-Bashing became the hip thing to do. Thank God that Americans are smart enough to see through the hatefull rhetoric!

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Carseller4]

<< 1   >>

join