It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All arguing aside, this is israel.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I got this video to show folks.
I would like the pro israel side to debunk it.
The video explains exactly whose fault this and all other israeli conflicts belongs to.
The first half is a jewish israeli giving his information, and it is very insightful for those who have not exactly dug very deep, however all should be able to glean some facts.
The second half is a Q and A session with some very good questions and even better answers.
I will be civil in this thread towards israel, this means I will try to stay out of it.
If you have nothing good to say and all.
I just figured if folks do not listen to me, listen to the jewish israeli guy.
Long vid but well worth the view, especially if you intend to arm against ignorance.
Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
sorry i didnt have a full hr to listen only some so my whole comment is invalid if u wish to look at it this way

but i do not belive all the people of both nations hate eatchother i dont know but most dont want war

its just polotics imo nothing more

we devide a land bye religion ... can not be a good idea

i hope that if you where to take a vote before war on the people insted of non realistic ideas from political forces

who would vote for war

i say lets not judge a people but there politicans

as note i am listening to the video

this lies no diferent than the idea all americans hate xxx people thats a lie im frinds will all regardless of race religion sex anything im not a minority im part of the majority americans as a whole dont hate maby im blind to it but i canot belive without outside influance this is not all political bs

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

These days governments seem to be nothing more than vehicles for chaos and destruction.

But there are still some good guys.

Take the case of Tommy Lapid, the Israeli Justice Minister, who in 2004 said that when he saw pictures of an elderly Palestinian woman looking for her medication in the rubble of her demolished home, it reminded him of his own grand mother, a victim of the Nazis...

edit on 16-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Here's some truth to the issue...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What the eff!

Anyone who compares Israel to nazi is pushing intellectual dishonesty.

Yeah when the 'evil' Israeli's start marching the Palestinians off to gas chambers then you might have a legitimate gripe.

When they start raping, and using Palestinians for human experimentation then you might have a legitimate gripe.

Always tell who the real necons are by how many Israel threads they make.
edit on 17-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video, and I don't know what is meant by "All arguing aside." Before I went to look at the video I looked Miko Peled up in Wikipedia. They say, in discussing his views:

“Israel has been on a mission to destroy the Palestinian people for over six decades,” Peled has said. “Why would anyone not give solidarity to the Palestinian people?” He has argued that Israel's actions in the 1967 war were not a response to a real threat but acts of bald aggression. And he has said that “every single Israeli city is a settlement” and that “expressing solidarity with Palestinians is the most important thing people can do.”

On his Twitter feed, Peled has written that “IDF lusts for blood,” has called the peace process “a process of apartheid & colonization,” and has accused Israeli officials of “ethnic cleansing.”

In his blog posts, he repeatedly refers to the IDF as an “Israeli terrorist organization” that is part of a “well-oiled ethnic cleansing machine.” He has also written that Israel's educational system is designed to turned Israeli children into racists who view Palestinians “as culturally inferior, violent and bent on the annihilation of the Jews, and...void of a true national identity,” and “as a problem that must be solved and as a threat that must be eliminated.” He has decried “absurd comparisons like that of Yasser Arafat to Hitler, the Palestinians to Nazis, and the Palestinian resistance to Al Qaeda.”

If those are correct summaries of a portion of his views, what new thing would the video tell me? "Lusts for blood?" "Ethnic cleansing?" How can you even have a conversation with someone like that?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What the eff!

Anyone who compares Israel to nazi is pushing intellectual dishonesty.

Yeah when the 'evil' Israeli's start marching the Palestinians off to gas chambers then you might have a legitimate gripe.

When they start raping, and using Palestinians for human experimentation then you might have a legitimate gripe.

Always tell who the real necons are by how many Israel threads they make.

Murder is murder, no matter the methods used. Palestinian civilians are still being killed. Palestinian civilians are still being kidnapped by Israeli forces. Palestinian civilians are still being held in prison and tortured.

No, the Israelis are no where near as bad as the Nazis, but their government still engages in illegal activity against the Palestinian population.

I recommend you watch the following video:

edit on 17-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
My dear Brother Chucky!
If someone could pull me into this thread, it would have to be you as your tongue is most definitely sharper than my sword!
Instead of asking someone else's opinion on someone, why not hear what he has to say himself.
It is not nearly as hateful as some would claim, in fact I would say not at all.
I won't debate the video, but it is there for those who would listen.
Thanks for the participation as always!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Dear g146541,

Thank you. I admit to having a bias. I jump to the conclusion (probably from listening to State of the Union speeches) that public speakers who have strongly taken one position over and over are reluctant to change their minds or attitudes.

I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that he was going to say the same things that Wikipedia says he has written and spoken before.

I'm grateful for your thanks, of course, but I'm confused. You say you won't debate the video, but you also said:

I would like the pro israel side to debunk it.
It seems as though you put it up to be discussed, but you don't want to discuss it?

Well I may watch the thing, but it will have to be tomorrow. (It already is tomorrow here, I mean later tomorrow, or maybe I mean later today.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have watch the video, the presenter was a solider in the Israel Army and his dad was a General. He shares some of his and his family stories of how things has been. Also tries to go into some solutions, kinda hard while the Zionist is such a strong political force in America. The kind of political pressure that ended apartheid in South Africa is what is needed to end the propaganda, double standards and inhuman treatment that is going on.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I didn't watch the video

And I recommend you do NOT have a change of heart. Peled is a Jewish apologist.

The first thing he says is that a balanced argument is not possible. He says it's all double standards and myths. Same type of 'progressive' argumentative nonsense we hear in other walks of life.

He says people in opposition have their facts wrong. He throws some conspiracy BS around. He then states some facts to put you to sleep ... and then starts building a foundation for his story on outright lies. The fact that he doesn't understand what a winning military strategy is drops him from the list of anyone who could possibly meet the definition of a respectable lecturer. And, this ... this .... is right where the problem 'lies'. He's got a receptive audience, he's going to apologize (mislead and lie), and there's no one to call him out for it on-the-spot.

You can watch the first 18:00 of that video and see what I'm saying. The lie starts when he gets into the 1967 conflict with the Egyptian Army. He even admitted beforehand that military action was fully warranted when Nasser kicked the UN out of the Sinai ... but then goes on to ignore what he himself said.

I think he just likes to hear himself talk, and he's found a volatile subject complete with a willing audience.
edit on 1772014 by Snarl because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I dont understand why people act like Muslim Extremism has nothing to do with any of this. It has everything to do with all of it.
edit on 17-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
the Zionist is such a strong political force in America.

There is no strong Zionist force in America. What are you even talking about? I hope you're not implying that America is in the Middle East as religious aggressors?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

the palestinians never even had an army. the zionist attacked them first.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali
the zionist attacked them first.

Your history is wrong. Jewish Israel was established before Islam even existed.

This isn't about Zionism. Its not a Jewish agenda to destroy all non Jews. All Jews want is to occupy the land that they originally occupied before the Palestinians began fighting them for it. It is the Muslims who have the agenda to destroy all non-Muslims.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

While not all in this list are Zionist, it does contain some of the more politically powerful Zionists whodidit.org...

For a less controversial list, the current Jewish members in the current administration www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

AIPAC is a fairly well know and powerful political lobby group. When looking in places like the Federal Reserve, there are a lot of Jewish and Zionist members as well, to say this is not a powerful force is ignorant. When considering how much Israel receives in foreign aid from the US, it is a lot more than most other countries.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

There is no strong Zionist force in America. What are you even talking about? I hope you're not implying that America is in the Middle East as religious aggressors?

I think you are 'blinkered' if you do not think that there is a Zionist belief in America.

PDUK

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

I think you are 'blinkered' if you do not think that there is a Zionist belief in America.

PDUK

Before I looked up what Zionist meant a few minutes ago, I wrote what I wrote with the impression that Zionist meant Jewish Extremist. Now I know its just about Jews getting their rightful land, so really, its inconsequential who in America is Zionist. This conflict is about Muslim extremism.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

PDUK

Before I looked up what Zionist meant a few minutes ago, I wrote what I wrote with the impression that Zionist meant Jewish Extremist. Now I know its just about Jews getting their rightful land, so really, its inconsequential who in America is Zionist. This conflict is about Muslim extremism.

It has NOTHING to do with Muslim Extremism……!!

It has EVERYTHING to do with a nation out of control and taking land and resources illegally (oh and trying to shift the population already living there….!!).

Wake Up American's………….. actually without your government ACTIVELY stopping Israel then this violence will carry on….

For the Record…IMHO, i think there are more fundamental and extremists in America with many 'Bizarre' religious beliefs than in many other parts of the world………..

Finally, for those of you whom might think I'm anti - American………….. I'm NOT……………

I just sometimes find the American Mentality a little 'clinically Fascinating'……

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18156551]PurpleDog UK[/post

It has EVERYTHING to do with a nation out of control and taking land and resources illegally (oh and trying to shift the population already living there….!!).

The fact is. Jewish Israel existed before the Palestinians took it from them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join