It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Naval Ship Bombs Palestinian Children on Gaza Beach - Killing Four

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Vovin
Oh yeah, surely you have not forgotten that Israel took land from Syria as well.

Won in a war when Syria attacked Israel... as has happened all over the world!

Woah.. someone needs to take a look at the books again.
Syria attacked Israel in defense of Egypt who Israel attack first not in defense, but out of opportunity. You can research that for yourself. Even Israeli's that fought in that war have admitted that.

Same war Israel intentionally attacked Americans in and pulled up in boats and machine gunned American soldier in the water. Then they tried to blame Egypt in a false flag hoping we would bomb Egypt for them.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Hamas isn't trying to destroy Israel.

Anyway judging by the scenes we've witnessed over the past several days, it seems Hamas don't even have the capability to destroy Israel. Anyone who would try to argue otherwise is deluded in my personal opinion.

The huge discrepancy in casualties between Israelis and Palestinians really speaks for itself - 267 Palestinian deaths (three quaters of them civilian) to 2 Israeli.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I dislike the Daily Mail - but take a look at the photos in this article.

Daily Mail

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Syria attacked Israel in defense of Egypt who Israel attack first not in defense, but out of opportunity. You can research that for yourself.

You really have no clue at all -

Fatah began raids into Israeli territory in early 1965, with active support from Syria. At first the militants entered via Lebanon or Jordan, but those countries made concerted attempts to stop them and raids directly from Syria increased........In April 1967, after Syria heavily shelled Israeli villages from the Golan Heights

also

In the period between the first Arab-Israeli War and the Six-Day War, the Syrians constantly harassed Israeli border communities by firing artillery shells from their dominant positions on the Golan Heights.[75][76] In October 1966 Israel brought the matter up before the United Nations. Five nations sponsored a resolution criticizing Syria for its actions but it failed to pass due to a Soviet veto.

and

Sir Alec Douglas-Home, former Prime Minister of the UK, stated that when he was visiting the Galilee a few months before the 1967 war "at regular intervals the Russian-built forts on the Golan Heights used to lob shells into the villages, often claiming civilian casualties."

After the Six-Day War broke out in June 1967, Syria's shelling greatly intensified

So as we all see Syria used the height to attack Israel for years - but as they are just attacking Israel you want that too be ignored!

Then they tried to blame Egypt in a false flag hoping we would bomb Egypt for them.

More nonsense from you - care to show exactly where Israel tried to blame Egypt for the Liberty attack? Why do you ignore this

At about 4 pm, two hours after the attack began, Israel informed the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv that its military forces had mistakenly attacked a U.S. Navy ship. ................. Soon afterward, the Israelis said that they had mistakenly attacked the ship. The Johnson administration conveyed "strong dismay" to Israeli ambassador Avraham Harman. Meanwhile, apologies were soon sent by Israeli Prime Minister Levi Eshkol, Foreign Minister Abba Eban, and chargé d'affaires Efraim Evron. Within 48 hours, Israel offered to compensate the victims and their families.[43]

edit on 18-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
267 Palestinian deaths (three quaters of them civilian) to 2 Israeli.

Just how do you tell the difference between a Hamas terrorist and a civilian?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

There must be a way as the Israeli government keeps claiming they'e killing Hamas terrorists.

Those boys killed on the beach were obviously Hamas right? If they weren't why were they killed? If the Israeli government can't tell the difference then they are obviously indiscriminately bombing people.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I usually tend to steer away from commenting on these Israel vs. Palestine topics because of the zealously strong conviction of the supporters of both sides.

I must say though, that I used to be more sympathetic towards the Israelis, but it all changed a few years back during the Lebanon war when they targeted an UN outpost, seemingly on purpose, killing 4 UN observers.
A pretty good summary of it here.

So in my mind it is not inconceivable they killed these people knowing full well most of them were civilians.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Kram09
267 Palestinian deaths (three quaters of them civilian) to 2 Israeli.

Ok here you go

A bunch of terrorists shooting rockets = terrorists

A bunch of 10 years playing soccer = civilians

There easy peasy, unless of course the people in command of the IDF are blind or intentionally targeting civilians.
edit on 18-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outtis
the Lebanon war when they targeted an UN outpost, seemingly on purpose, killing 4 UN observers.

They were actually attacking Hezbollah terrorists, who were using the UN observers as human shields, something Islamic terrorists love doing.

In an email dated 18 July received by CTV and published 24 July, the deceased Canadian peacekeeper Major Paeta Hess-von Kruedener, stated: “What I can tell you is this: we have on a daily basis had numerous occasions where our position has come under direct or indirect fire from both artillery and aerial bombing. The closest artillery has landed within 2 meters of our position and the closest 1000 lb aerial bomb has landed 100 meters from our patrol base. This has not been deliberate targeting, but has rather been due to tactical necessity.”[29] According to retired Canadian Major General Lewis MacKenzie, interviewed on CBC radio on 26 July, Hess-von Kruedener's phrase ‘due to tactical necessity’ was “veiled speech in the military. What he was telling us was Hezbollah fighters were all over his position and the IDF were targeting them.”[17][30][31

edit on 18-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

The Irish foreign ministry said that Israel ignored repeated warnings from Lieutenant-Colonel John Molloy, a key UN liaising officer, that its bombs were falling close to United Nations observers in southern Lebanon. The warnings came allegedly before an Israeli bomb killed four of the U.N. observers. "On six separate occasions he [Lieutenant-Colonel John Molloy] was in contact with the Israelis to warn them that their bombardment was endangering the lives of UN staff in South Lebanon". "He warned: 'You have to address this problem or lives may be lost'," an Irish foreign affairs spokesman said. Suzanne Coogan, a spokeswoman for the Irish Defence Minister Willie O'Dea said Molloy "warned the Israelis that they were shelling in very close proximity to the post, and his warnings were very specific, explicit, detailed and stark." She concluded, "Obviously those warnings went unheeded."

en.wikinews.org...

In response, Israel reportedly promised to halt the firing. An Irish army officer warned the Israelis six times.

Within minutes the UN force dispatched a rescue team from an Indian battalion deployed nearby and again called the Israeli military to warn them the troops were heading to Khiyam, according to Mr Strugar. But the firing continued and rescuers were only able to retrieve three of the bodies. They returned early yesterday to find the building so badly damaged that it collapsed, making it even harder to retrieve the body of the fourth observer, still under the rubble last night.

www.theguardian.com...

Yeeah looks like an accident alright

edit on 18-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In light of the endless bickering, this is all I have.
Artist Amir Schiby created this in tribute to Mohammed, Ahed, Zakaria and Mohammed Bakr, the 4 boys killed on the beach in Gaza....

Lest we forget those who suffer the most. The innocent, the children, the crippled and elderly.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
‘So let me get this straight... I like to simplify things. I currently live in a tent in the garden of a home my family used to live in. Apparently some horrific things have happened in the past regarding this home; ancestors have spilled blood regarding who ‘officially’ lives there & they were kicked out.

Now, the current occupants of the home have beef with some extremist relatives who cause bad things to happen within that home due to perceived injustices over the fact they no longer are able to live there. So the current occupants of this home, due to a book that is extremely old, claims it has rights to be there. Atop this, they have powerful friends & relatives in their ‘neighbours’ & choose to kill us unless we abandon our tents & leave. But we are expected to leave in peace & forget we have lost loved ones & have been treated so terribly & never bear understandable grudges against the current occupants in inhibited emotions that will most certainly not bubble up in later years into a hard-line faction hell-bent on taking that house back.

I live in the present, have never left this garden. I speak for all children who are needlessly killed in warfare; have seen it throughout my few years. And now I’ve been blown to bits.’ – Perspective of an innocent Palestinian child living in poverty in the Gaza Strip

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Dont fool yourself
Islamist groups, Hamas and Hezbollah are Muslim extremist terrorists.. And Israel is just defending itself.
Israel have good reason to bomb Gaza to a hole in the ground, and only Hamas terrorists will let their children play on a beach in the middle of a war zone.

This is absurd. They are not religious extremists. If you were pushed into a prison and your oppressors kept chipping away at the little land you had left and you had no way to show the world what was happening... what would you do? What would you do to try to stop it?

They are trying to get the worlds attention.

Also, another absurd statement you made to justify the death of children.
It's not a warzone it was a beach in front of a resort where foreign journalists were staying. A wide open beach. So you say they shouldn't have been playing there, but you don't think that Israelis shouldn't guide bombs into targets that are easily identifiable as kids. Believe this.. they knew they were kids. They didn't shoot shells that close to foreign journalists without identifying their targets.

They are in a prison, they probably felt safer in the wide open beach then in a house Israeli could claim militants were hiding in.

You need to do a little research.

Vic, there is something that I didn't get until just now, and I have a feeling you are not getting either. See that beach is a war zone in their eyes. All of Palestinian territory is a war zone in their eyes. All occupants in said territory are enemy targets in their eyes. Woman and children are fair game because some men might use other woman and children as human shields, so its OK TO KILL ALL OF THEM. Besides they are terrorist scum, maybe even especially the woman and children because they are the kind of targets that keyboard warriors could probably kill too.

They don't care about woman and children. They have something wrong with them. I personally don't want to see anyone die on either side but I think they are both not innocent. Either way what happened on the beach is F'd up.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Boy that Malaysian 777 crash sure is convenient timing. A nice big distraction just as Israel begins its ground invasion and extermination of Palestinians.

My bet is the plane is the same one that went missing in March, and ultimately blame will be pinned on whoever Israel needs to target next. Brought to you by the same people who wrote Operation Northwoods, and 9/11

www2.gwu.edu...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Or maybe the intended use for MH370 the whole time was for a distraction during this conflict. Maybe Israel hijacked the plane and were holding it because this whole thing was planned from the get go and they knew they would need a media distraction during the offensive. I don't necessarily believe that but it makes about as much sense as anything else.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

The genetic evidence of the Khazar theory was by a one man. There is no "several studies". The only genetic evidence of the Khazar theory being true was provided by ONE man.

His genetic evidence was also disproven.

The man you are talking about is Dr. Elhaik.

So when you say "several" that is a pure lie. Obliviously you haven't done enough research yet.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
New Vocabulary

Not terrorism: killing babies; bombing hospitals; land theft; chemical weapons

Terrorism: playing soccer on a beach

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: CommandoJoe

You have seen in a day with your own eyes. Cool. I am repeating the number the IDF gave.

I guess you are completely right, that's why their are mountains of dead Israelis.
I also guess you wouldn't be completely biased either.

You can disagree with me, but you know that I am not wrong. If they had such military might then I would guess they would be able to inflict a little more damage.

Iron Dome obviously works pretty good - that doesn't change the capability of these missiles. If they get through (And they do occasionally get through to populated areas) they have the potential to do serious harm.

As to me being biased, sure I am because my life is in danger daily. But I'm not Jewish or even Israeli - I'm an American living in Israel for work. If I'm at home I still have concerns if my shelter will hold up to a direct hit as my apartment is on the top floor and facing south toward Gaza... And when I drive to work I go through those unpopulated areas (About 20 minutes of my commute) where Iron Dome won't shoot down the missiles.

Also I am right about the Iron Dome. They only intercept when rockets are aiming towards populated areas which isn't very often. I would say the sirens and warnings come an extreme majority of the time since they are always watching for this specific type of attack and they are fairly slow moving rockets.

As I said before, Hamas has improved their aim tremendously and multiple rockets are being intercepted very close to my apartment on a regular basis - several times a day.

In this article you can see proof of this and many other instances of multiple rockets being intercepted

At around 10 am, at least seven rockets fired at the coastal city of Ashdod were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system.

After IDF ground troops entered Gaza, five rockets were intercepted over Ofakim, while two others fell in open areas. Shortly before 2am, rockets were fired at Ashdod. Three were intercepted by the Iron Dome.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg...

The warning system may not be perfect, but with one dead Israeli after thousands of rockets I would say the combination of the good warning system and bad technology makes it fairly safe.

So you would have no problem living under these conditions? 100+ rockets a days launched in your direction? You wouldn't demand that your government do something to stop the incoming missiles?

None of this changes the fact that Israel is using cruise missiles and guided ordinance to fly bombs right into children playing on beaches, killing children by striking when classes let out, and hitting homes.

Nothing about what Israel is doing is justified. It's hard to trust your eyes and what you've seen with them if you can't see that.

I have nothing against the Palestinian people and hate to see any civilians killed, but Hamas needs to be eradicated - there will never be any long lasting peace as long as they are in power...

There is no simple solution to this situation - What do you suggest should be done?
edit on 18-7-2014 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Israel has been put in a precarious situation from a PR perspective. The IDF is a conventional military fighting against an enemy that utilizes despicable tactics which essentially assures collateral damage in the event of retaliation.

The result is that Israel is faced with the same double edged sword every time Hamas or Hezbollah instigate a conflict: Either sit back and do nothing and let the missiles rain down on innocent Jewish, Muslim, and Christian Israeli citizens, or try and root out the source of the attacks in enemy territory wherein civilians are deliberately placed in harm's way.

Netanyahu said it best earlier this week. Hamas is defending their missiles with civilians and Israel is defending their civilians from missiles.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is there any truth to the rumor that the children just "happened" to be playing near a launcher sending rockets into Israel? I don't know if it's true or not but everyone knows that these scum are not above sacrificing their own in order to give the other side some bad press. Muslim cowards have always been willing to hide behind women and children.a reply to: Corruption Exposed

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join