It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are hamas's rocket tactics benificial at all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This isn't about the morality of either side. This isn't about weather Jews and palistinians should be fighting or who started it.

This is about weather the rocket attack have any benifit for Hamas at all. With Israel's iron dome, so far there has only been one isreali death and almost no property damage. So why continue that tactic?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
PSYOPS, intimidation, and more.

Eventually, it will succeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr

lol no it won't.

Their goal is to "terrorize" or "protest" Israel. Their hope is that if they keep doing it, than the Israeli People will rise up and support Gaza.

It's nonsense, as much as 9/11's hope was that America would "leave the middle east alone" see how that worked out for them?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Because it is basically all they have. They can't invade for very long on the ground, they have no air or sea support, terrorist suicide bombers cannot enter Israel easily....they don't have a lot of other options.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Because it is the same tactic the Nazis used to bomb Britain with V1 and V2 rockets.
Arafat was the nephew of Muslim Brotherhood founder Al Husseini who was a Nazi who tutored Arafat.

Same tactics different era.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

***CORRECTION***
I meant eventually, the rockets will hit a target and/or cause personnel damage. I wasn't arguing the effectiveness of the overall campaign.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
They are beneficial to Israel. Without those symbolic rocket attacks and such, Israel would actually have to talk peace with them, and give back land......ugh.

Off course, there is no conspiracy there.....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: PsychoEmperor

***CORRECTION***
I meant eventually, the rockets will hit a target and/or cause personnel damage. I wasn't arguing the effectiveness of the overall campaign.

Oh right, got ya

Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I would say yes and no.

On one hand, they are beneficial, as they raise international awareness to the conflicts between Israel and the Palestinians. Without such Palestinian actions, their plight would just fade away.

On the other hand, they are not beneficial in that they cause international condemnation and severe responses from Israel.

It's a gamble on their behalf, but i guess they see the raising of attention as higher than international condemnation or reactions from Israel.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Those rocket launches seem effective in demolishing homes in the Gaza strip, plus the Israelis get to test their 'iron dome' anti missile systems.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

It's nonsense, as much as 9/11's hope was that America would "leave the middle east alone" see how that worked out for them?

You made the huge mistake of believing that "they" are stupid. It would indeed have been extremely stupid to try that and believe it would work, which is one of the most obvious clues to the fact that they didn't do it.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They are doing exactly what Hamas wants them to do .... the launches keep themselves and the world situation in the news ... and because Hamas shoots them off from crowded civilian areas, the Israelis eventually respond with highpower munitions in those areas and so Hamas gets great photo-ops with dead Palestinian children. That increases 'aid' money to Hamas. So yes, the attacks do exactly what Hamas wants them to do.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Because it is the same tactic the Nazis used to bomb Britain with V1 and V2 rockets.
Arafat was the nephew of Muslim Brotherhood founder Al Husseini who was a Nazi who tutored Arafat.

Same tactics different era.

Wow, that's a bit of a stretch don't you think? Comparing Hamas bottle-rockets to V2s. Didn't take long for Godwin's Law to rear it's ugly head I see......

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I don't see how it is at all. Especially if they know that Israel will be retaliating with strikes that can cause colateral dmg

This hasn't been posted on Ats for whatever reason but yesterday Israel also offered a ceasefire. To which Hamas refused.

This leads me to believe that the goal for Hamas is more to let the strikes continue and civilians to be hit so Hamas can continue to cast Israel in a bad light because of deaths of civilians.

If Hamas cared for the people of Palestine they would have at least tried to negotiate the cease fire w Israel and Egypt.

To me it's clear this is a campaign by Hamas

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Israeli intelligence has likely infiltrated HAMAS to make sure the rockets keep coming. It allows Israel to continue to annex more Palestinian land. Problem/Reaction/Solution. It is really not surprising, it is the oldest trick in the book.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AstralTrespass
My thoughts exactly

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Does it matter what they are firing? This is a tired old argument....

If I have a 45 and you have a .22 and you shoot at me I'm still going to shoot at you back.

It's irrelevant what size they are.

What about the fact that Hamas had fired over 600 rockets at Israel before Israel decided to fire back?

Are they just suppose to wait until they kill a bunch of people or hit something of extreme importance before launching retaliation strikes?

This thought process confounds me

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: ArtemisE

I don't see how it is at all. Especially if they know that Israel will be retaliating with strikes that can cause colateral dmg

This hasn't been posted on Ats for whatever reason but yesterday Israel also offered a ceasefire. To which Hamas refused.

This leads me to believe that the goal for Hamas is more to let the strikes continue and civilians to be hit so Hamas can continue to cast Israel in a bad light because of deaths of civilians.

If Hamas cared for the people of Palestine they would have at least tried to negotiate the cease fire w Israel and Egypt.

To me it's clear this is a campaign by Hamas

I kinda agree, but it could also be that peace talks usually come with money givin to both sides.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

lol no it won't.

Their goal is to "terrorize" or "protest" Israel. Their hope is that if they keep doing it, than the Israeli People will rise up and support Gaza.

No, Hamas is merely provoking Israel in hopes to get a military response. That is the purpose. Israel will eventually respond to being bombarded with rockets and the response will hurt/kill people who have nothing to do with Hamas. Hamas then uses this as a PR campaign to attempt to get support for their side. And suckers continue to fall for it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Flatcoat

Does it matter what they are firing? This is a tired old argument....

If I have a 45 and you have a .22 and you shoot at me I'm still going to shoot at you back.

It's irrelevant what size they are.

What about the fact that Hamas had fired over 600 rockets at Israel before Israel decided to fire back?

Are they just suppose to wait until they kill a bunch of people or hit something of extreme importance before launching retaliation strikes?

This thought process confounds me

The 600 rockets thing is obvious propaganda. In any other conflict you count bodies or property damage. Since Hamas isn't killing anyone ( except 1 guy) and almost no property damage the media goes to shots fired..... Ridiculous really and I'm not pro palistinians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join