It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid: Southern border is secure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday asserted the southern border is secure despite the massive surge of illegal minors from Central America that has overwhelmed federal agencies.

“The border is secure,” he told reporters after the Senate Democrats’ weekly policy lunch.

“[Sen.] Martin Heinrich [(D-N.M.)] talked to the caucus today. He’s a border state senator. He said he can say without any equivocation the border is secure.”

Reid said lawmakers need to worry less about border security and focus instead on President Obama’s $3.7 billion request to help process the tens of thousands of children from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador who have been apprehended on the border.

Source

I am just speechless....
How in the world do these delusional morons keep getting elected???

Well, we'll just add that to the 'Nuthouse Collection'----
Along side Pelosi's 'It's an Opportunity, not a Crisis' remark concerning the border

People, STOP re-electing these idiots!! PLEASE!!!

edit on 16-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Guess the border is secure.....that is for those that travel South into Mexico
Don't want to mess with those Mexican Federales however, or you'll end up in prison

But to come NORTH of the border into the US, well, any and all are welcome!!!
Sure, bring a chair and we'll all sit together, cook smores, join hands and sing Kumbaya

*Obama, Pelosi and Reid are busy feeding the Unicorns and chasing Pixies, but will join us shortly*

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Not really sure how some of them get elected in the first place let alone re-elected. I can see some of them getting the first election because people didn't know and they looked good at first. But after that it's just strange.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The only way it can be secure, while having a huge influx of people entering illegally, is if it's by design. My definition of secure clearly does not match his.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hmmm.
Dude must have Alzheimers.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Hmmm.
Dude must have Alzheimers.

I am starting to wonder if the best drugs from south of the border are being scooped up by Congress. Might explain they way they have been functioning for years.
edit on 7/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Harry must be talking about those terrible Muslim Jihad Terrosist's, You know the ones that obviously dont have Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish. 11 thousand a DAY simply walk into our country across our pourous southern border. And our elected officials say" There's no border problem" Meantime....One American strays across the Mexican border and he lands in jail. We need to start chargeing these coutriies for the cost of deportation. After all we give everyone of the countries money. Cut off the free money...and maybe America want look so inviting. There's about 27 million illegal immigrants in the USA.........an invasion in silence..If a third of those 27 million were Muslim Terrorist's......we be screwed.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
After reading the article and listing to Harry Reid, the following can be stated:

I don’t know about you, but I can hear a song that goes right along with that: If I only had a brain.

This man does not know what all is going on along the south border, nor does he care to. He is simply toting the party line, and hoping that the public believes it. But there are a few questions that I think that should be asked of him, in front of a camera time and time again:

If the border is so secure, where did the millions of illegal immigrants come from? How did they get here? Where are all of these children coming from and how are they seeming to get on the ground here? And are you willing to volunteer the state of Nevada to be a housing for all of these children? Mind you that the people of the rest of the country are not so willing to pay for them, so thank you for volunteering your state to house, feed, cloth, provide medical services, educate and ultimately take care of the thousands of children.

I am sure the citizens of Nevada may have a differing opinion when they have to pay more for food, water and utilities to house and care for these children. And I am sure the ranchers in the area, probably will not sell beef or livestock to the state, so that means it will have to be brought in from out of state increasing the cost. I think that is an excellent idea.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I can't tell if Reid is just stupid, lying, or both.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Well, there we have it.

0bama says the ecomony is good.
Holder tells us there is nothing to see in F&F.
Lerner says there are no emails.
IRS says 7 hard-drivers crashed at the same time.
And now Reid says the border is secure.

Nothing to do now today except go rack up some debt, buy some stuff at Walmart and watch Judge Judy.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It like dealing with a two year old that painted the TV with blue paint. They say they didn't do it and nothing happened, but they're covered head too toe with blue paint and brush in hand. The only problem is we don't get to put these kids in a time out.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

The only problem is we don't get to put these kids in a time out.

Timeout is not being reelected. Wished that worked.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

As "secure" as his brain is "functioning."

What an unmitigated treasonous, clueless jerk.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yes, is not problems with the border, Harry is just telling us that as long as is not your regular latino looking illegal, everything is good and peachy, we don't need to bother our self with such minor things.

Nothing to worry about, the influx of "regular illegals" has nothing to do with Harry "safe" meaning.

What a joke.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

It like dealing with a two year old that painted the TV with blue paint. They say they didn't do it and nothing happened, but they're covered head too toe with blue paint and brush in hand. The only problem is we don't get to put these kids in a time out.

the man is out of his mind.

he also blamed the "5 white guys" on the SC for the hobby lobby smackdown.

and his judge judy rant @,
nation.foxnews.com...

if this squirrel isn't partisan and in obama's pocket, i don't know who is.

i doubt michelle even backs obama that much!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How about:

Mental-Illness ... OR ... Engaged-n-Propaganda

-
OPINION: Reid? .. Simply-NOT-Credible

( more credibly, listen to your state's-leadership )

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe he is talking about Canada?

He simply misspoke and his comments were taken out of context. It's obvious he means Canada after all.

Just another phony scandal ................

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

well...i have mixed feelings on that, too.

The mess in Mexico is almost completely caused by our 3 letter agencies. The US government (which is an extension of its people) have a duty to respond appropriately.

That said...the states (as political entities) may not have a duty to fulfill the failures of the Federal Government. To be honest, the whole mess in South/Latin America is the greatest example for antiFederalism I have ever seen. Their screw ups and embroiled the entire nation in a real problem.

The states have rights. And so do The People. Unfortunately, The People didn't keep an eye on the Federal Government, and now look at what is happening. The hens are coming home to roost.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Because who are you going to believe us or your lying eyes, right? We should deport our leaders in Washington along with the scabies ridden refuse THEY invited here.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
1. In the history of our country, the Southern border has never been secure.
2. In the future of our country, the Southern border will never be 100% secure.
3. The Southern border is more secure now than it has been at any time in the past. (More agents, more resources, etc.)
4. While the nation's attention is focusing on the Southern border; I am more concerned about who is sneaking into our country along the vast Northern border and our completely unsecured shorelines.
5. Harry Reid could not be more wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join