It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's now a crime to stab your watermelon!!??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
We should have a thread for the weird and unusual stories out there. Then at the end of the year we could all vote for our favorite freak story!
Just what is "passive aggressive" anyways? To me it seems to be a bit contradictory??? Well anyways a man has been arrested for stabbing his watermelon in connecticut.

Thomaston man charged with threatening after stabbing watermelon
www.registercitizen.com...

For those too short on time to read the story here is a rundown of it.

Women finds drugs in toolbox at home and takes pictures of the drugs. She then reports it to the police and returns home.
Later in the day she returned home to find a watermelon on her kitchen table with a knife stabbed into it. Then her hubby came in and proceeded to slice the watermelon. she saw this as threatening and reported again to the police..
The police then arrested the man and charged him with second-degree threatening and disorderly conduct.

So just what is passive aggressive behavior??
The nearest I can tell is that it's when you smoke the whole bag of weed to get rid of the evidence while wanting to kill your spouse for narking on you but then get a wild case of the munchies and find a watermelon you just have to dive into!!!

At least that's my theory!!
But, maybe I'll just bypass watermelon at the next family picnic!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Your thread reminds me of the joke. . . . .

I spent all morning making her breakfast. I cooked the eggs right, I freshly squeezed the orange juice, the toast was buttered perfectly. I ground the coffee beans and made her a cup of the best coffee ever. I placed everything on a tray, carried it upstairs to where she was sleeping to surprise her.
The first words out of her mouth, however, were, "Who are you and why did you break into my home?"

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
My theory is, he was carving it up to indicate how he would carve her. He probably taunts her all the time. She had enough and played narc.

Wow I never knew there were laws on this passive aggressive threatening

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The world has gone mad!! I used to tell people that hey I'm not crazy the world is!!
Every day there is something new that proves that to me!

But as far as the story in the op.
I get the feeling that the wife is trying to frame him..
Her proof is pictures she took on her cellphone.
who's to say it wasn't her drugs and she was the one that stabbed the watermelon and then took a picture of it??

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I think, regardless of who took the pictures and who owned the drugs, marriage counceling is definitely needed here.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
my theory is, a prominent side effect in some people that smoke a lot of pot is paranoia and if this female saw this as an act of watermelon induced attempted murder then I strongly believe madam may have been hit with a massive case of the "noids"

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I was thinking more in the line of divorce.
There are easier ways to get rid of an unwanted spouse then this type of game!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Violence is wrong

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't get it, if a police officer or a judge found drugs in their kid's room, or their spouse's, they'd deal with it in house. Take the average person though and they are calling on the justice system to come tear their home apart.

=/

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure if he'll see jail time or not, regardless when he is done with the legal system he needs to divorce his cruel uncaring wife.

Here's the bottom line. If you find drugs that belong to a loved one and you believe it to be a problem then you talk to them and try to get them into rehab, or counseling or something like that. This woman found her husbands drugs and decided the best way to deal with it was to have him thrown in jail, or worse yet shot by our itchy trigger finger cops. She doesn't love him and probably never did. Oh and the case was referred to Family Services, not sure if they have kids but if they do: good luck seeing your kids again man.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan
Na they'll end up spending a bunch of money jumping through hoops while the kids are in foster care (of which they will end up paying for also) but they'll will get them back....
unless of course they make alot of money and the money that is garnished from the paychecks tempts DHS beyond their means to resist!!

edit on 16-7-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: XTexan
Na they'll end up spending a bunch of money jumping through hoops while the kids are in foster care (of which they will end up paying for also) but they'll will get them back....
unless of course they make alot of money and the money that is garnished from the paychecks tempts DHS beyond their means to resist!!

No your wrong.

His wife will not lose custody for even a minute. He won't be allowed in his home except for certain, surpervised times, if at all. Like I said she showed she doesn't care about him, she'll slander him to Family Services and they'll rule in her favor. I'm biased, but this is how Family Services work. If I'm right and she wants to get rid of him it will happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
My brother was arrested for "looking intimidating", he is 6'4" and 280 lbs. He looks intimidating.

He had to plea because his attorney said he wouldn't win, even though he didn't do any thing except stand there and look intimidating.

This was in the Rockford, Illinois area.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is literally charging people with thought crimes. Stabbing a watermelon threateningly? Someone looking intimidating? This isn't the country our founding fathers created, and it's not one I feel proud living in.

I never thought I would see the day our country institutes thought crimes, but that day has come. I don't know what to feel anymore. Sadness, rage, shame? All of the above? Are feeling these a crime too?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Terroristic threats to and stabbing of a watermelon - how do you plead sir?

The bright side is that crime must be nonexistent in that city if the police have time for this one. Imagine what police response will be if some guy tests his firearm by shooting a watermelon. Swat comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Funny head line but in that case I think the point is it was a threatening gesture towards the woman.. leaving her a message of sorts.. "this could be you"... it's akin to leaving a threatening note, you just can't go around threatening people...

Whether this will go through.. we'll see..
edit on 7/16/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

. . . marriage counceling is definitely needed here.

I'm not even seeing folks informally any more . . .

On reading your post, I just found myself wanting to blurt out:

"DON'T SEND THEM TO ME!!!!!"

Sheesh

Somehow, though, they are probably a "matched set" of pathologies.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

. . . how do you plead?

"Passionately hungry for watermelon, your honor. Been dreaming about it all winter."

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Merlynn

And that is why, if you can avoid it, you don't use a public defender.

I am just guessing, but that is exactly what they tell people a lot of the time when they go into court using one.
Never plead guilty, or accept a lesser charge if you did nothing wrong.

As to the OPs story.

I could see that as a threat under the right circumstances. If he has a history of domestic violence, or threats, and gazed at his wife while cutting up the watermelon...yeah, that would be a threat, especially if she had just busted him with the drugs.

I'm sure there is a lot more to the story that people don't know.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
my theory is, a prominent side effect in some people that smoke a lot of pot is paranoia and if this female saw this as an act of watermelon induced attempted murder then I strongly believe madam may have been hit with a massive case of the "noids"

Nope, that is the other drug, the hippy one is a peace pipe. I've watched alot of my ex, ex's friends, friends, etc, and paranoia comes in a flap. And when you turn them into the police, the police pick them up and then they work for them, well at least on one case I know of across the road, only that was selling to middle school kids, years ago about half hour drive away now.

I get rather upset about stuff like this, and have confronted drug dealers in the past. Was told by one set of authorities you're not supposed to do this, you're supposed hide by the phone, but by victims assistance, good for you, they need to be told off.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join