It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer's son charged in city's worst mass murder

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Calgary Herald Newspaper

Who needs guns when you have knives. Officer son kills 6 at a party, the largest mass murder in city history. Maybe Canada is going to go through these crazy people to. Lets hope not. He has been arrested, motive not yet known.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Brutal. Knife slayings are up close and personal. You have to really mean it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

which begs the question what kinda of nasty was this kid exposed to at home ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Normal folks don't do this. It does make one wonder.

Drugs? It was a party with young adults.
Drugs? Some reaction to prescription meds?

MG ... I'd rather be shot than all hacked up like that. Geez!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

drugs could be a factor...i was thinking more along the lines of being exposed to violence and hate

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Five bucks says he was on prescription meds and his childhood was either neglectful, physically, emotionally, or sexually abusive.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Horrible tragedy...that being said.

What is the official word from the NKA...National Knife Association...and are their any comments from the anti-knife crowd?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I don't care what they say... Knife control does not work....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
edited comment out was in poor taste
edit on 16-7-2014 by IAMAMOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The guy in Canada who shot police and hid in the woods also posted a Megadeth quote as his last status.
I remember that because I'm also a fan of megadeth.
Not that it has anything to do with anything, just showing a coincidence.

At this point we don't anything on why he did it, though it would suggest he'd been a sociopath for a long time if he's planned it and the time he did it, as everyone celebrates a great day and possibly last time some people would see some each other.

Horrible brutal story though.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I think thats the real issue, what makes a person step off of the normal track. It seems to me there is something personal going on when you attack with a knife, and at a party no less. Not so personal you do it in private but personal enough to use your edged weapon, and made example enough to do it in front of others at a party. I found it an interesting case.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because the father is a cop? OK, how often does a cop's kid do something like this in relation to those who have parents with a different profession?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
I don't care what they say... Knife control does not work....

So what are you saying we need background checks on knives now, if you live in a place like California you have to wait 10 days before taking it home, they can't be any of those awful black coated assault knives, you can purchase only one a month, and you have to have a special license to carry one, and if it's not registered with the BATF you're a felon?

Cooking knives will have to be placed in a safe for child safety, and of course knives are not allowed anywhere near a school, and if your child eats a poptart in the shape of a knife he/she will be expelled. This is why I joined the NKA to ward off people like you, and you are going to have to pry my knife from my... well you know the rest..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Because the father is a cop? OK, how often does a cop's kid do something like this in relation to those who have parents with a different profession?

settle down there kitty cat......his profession is irrelevant....maybe his dad was a crazy cop maybe he was a good cop.....the fact remains something is amiss.....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Yeah ... doubtful his dad's profession had anything to do with it. I grew up in a strict household with a set of borderline abusive parents. I never stabbed a bunch of my peers/friends at a party. On top of that, I carried a badge for 17 years and highly doubt my kids wouldn't do something like this either.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Five bucks says he was on prescription meds...

I think it is Burdman30 who said the common theme with all these mass murders of late is they are on prescribed medication.

I get pissed just like everyone else but I do not go and grab my .308 and blast holes in people. Probably because I do not have as many drugs in me as Walter White's RV.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So I googled Matthew De Grood because going back to the Calgary Herald I notice this article was from April. What I found was a Huff Post article that is current claiming the guy had mental issues. Sent crazy text messages etc. This seems to be a common issue with mass killings. I didn't see anything about meds but if its like the rest it is likely.

Are we in such a hurry to sell and support the pharmaceutical industry that we keep doing this and no one is paying attention? I don't know but somebody needs to be asking questions.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well if you've ever known anyone who has taken anti-depressants they will tell you the symptoms.

It's prescription psychopathy.

SSRIs make people feel like zombies and mess with their emotions in a way that is definitely not a good thing, especially if they are going through emotionally disturbing times(which is why they would be prescribed in the first place).

Our brains are designed to be depressed at times. That's how we work through the emotional responses necessary to pick up the pieces and tend ourselves in the long run.

These drugs are designed to completely change the chemistry in our minds with no real regard to the ill side effects. They do not cure depression. If anything, they simply turn a normal feeling human being into a loopy psychopath. I can imagine what they'd do to someone suffering from bipolar disorder or borderline issues.

It would be nice to see honest meta data on suicides/murders in regard to those taking SSRIs but I am not holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
can u imagine being at a party and 6 getting killed there....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sometimes people are just born with wires crossed.

Nothing behind it, no rhyme no reason... they just don't think or act the way they should, it could take many years for them to finally snap because they see how they are supposed to act but eventually they just cant control themselves and we get this result.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join